Quick 1 Rounder No Trades

badgers0821

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Okudah for jags is good. However we dont need to go cb and cb in round 1.  Tre herndon looks like one of these udfa finds aka bouye/harris but that is probably too high of expections but he should be a solid number 2 cb. Unless we cut/trade bouye we would have 4 cbs locked in with Hayden likely staying as hes coming off a good year.  I could see wr, DL(we have multiple questions of who is staying and going with campbell, ngakoue, dareus, abry jones), LB, OL(pretty much any position but RT(we drafted taylor last year and was an all rookie team. 

That was clearly an oversight, I’ll change it.

42 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

And while I do agree with your plan to build the trenches, there are six more rounds and Miami has 7+ picks after day 1. San Fran's OL is consisted of three free agents and two draft picks. 

SF also spent 4 top 10 picks on their DL, which is also part of “the trenches”. 

I also realize they have money, now they can sign established skill position players. Why not take two of the top OL in the draft in the first and get WR and RBs in the second and third with such deep classes in both? It’s only logical.

Absolutely hate this draft for Miami.  I don't see Becton as a top 5 or even top 10 pick.  He has enormous potential and moves well in the passing game, but he plays way too high off the snap and looks lost when tasked to block anyone that isn't an edge player.  Additionally he doesn't play with any kind of mean streak and isn't a finisher.  He just isn't a finished product, which is what's expected of a non-QB top 5 pick.  I see Thomas, Wirfs, and Wills as the top 3 OT's.  He could go late 1st round based off of his ceiling, but what I see on film is a mid second round player that could even drop to the early third.  

Edited by Swampbilly

On 1/22/2020 at 2:27 PM, badgers0821 said:

NYJ - Jerry Juedy, WR, Alabama

Right school, wrong guy.

Give us Wills, OT ALA.

Our line is trash and our GM is a former OL who said we'll be throwing assets at the situation.

2 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Absolutely hate this draft for Miami.  I don't see Becton as a top 5 or even top 10 pick.  He has enormous potential and moves well in the passing game, but he plays way too high off the snap and looks lost when tasked to block anyone that isn't an edge player.  Additionally he doesn't play with any kind of mean streak and isn't a finisher.  He just isn't a finished product, which is what's expected of a non-QB top 5 pick.  I see Thomas, Wirfs, and Wills as the top 3 OT's.  He could go late 1st round based off of his ceiling, but what I see on film is a mid second round player that could even drop to the early third.  

Thanks for the feedback, however you are the only one who thinks this. I’ll think about a change for next time.

9 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

SF also spent 4 top 10 picks on their DL, which is also part of “the trenches”. 

I also realize they have money, now they can sign established skill position players. Why not take two of the top OL in the draft in the first and get WR and RBs in the second and third with such deep classes in both? It’s only logical.

Apologies. I was only recognizing offensive linemen.

Becton would be a great choice in the teens. Miami isn't in the position to take a trench player in the top 5 since the front office has set this off-season up for the first pick to be a QB, not to mention that they love Tua. Biadasz is a good center but Cushenberry and Ruiz are probably better and can be had at the beginning of Day 2.

The WR depth isn't that impressive and the RB talent also drops off after Taylor/Swift/Dobbins. 

3 hours ago, Ajayii said:

Apologies. I was only recognizing offensive linemen.

Becton would be a great choice in the teens. Miami isn't in the position to take a trench player in the top 5 since the front office has set this off-season up for the first pick to be a QB, not to mention that they love Tua. Biadasz is a good center but Cushenberry and Ruiz are probably better and can be had at the beginning of Day 2.

The WR depth isn't that impressive and the RB talent also drops off after Taylor/Swift/Dobbins. 

Sorry man, I just happen to disagree with a lot of what you just said. 

13 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

Thanks for the feedback, however you are the only one who thinks this. I’ll think about a change for next time.

I assure you, that you are the only person that predicts Becton as a top 5 pick LOL.  But seriously, I just don’t see it in his play.  He has potential, but he has also had weight management problems.  He can turn out to be a great player, but he is somewhat of a project, and teams don’t typically swing on project players in the top 5.  Especially Miami, we can’t afford to miss on a top 10 pick.  We will see how he performs at the combine, but I’m not expecting his performance to show us he’s a world beater, he just isn’t.

4 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I assure you, that you are the only person that predicts Becton as a top 5 pick LOL.  But seriously, I just don’t see it in his play.  He has potential, but he has also had weight management problems.  He can turn out to be a great player, but he is somewhat of a project, and teams don’t typically swing on project players in the top 5.  Especially Miami, we can’t afford to miss on a top 10 pick.  We will see how he performs at the combine, but I’m not expecting his performance to show us he’s a world beater, he just isn’t.

Most analysts and a lot of people on this forum believe he is/will be a top 10 pick. Just google around and you will find plenty of articles. Don’t worry, you will catch up LOL

1 hour ago, badgers0821 said:

Most analysts and a lot of people on this forum believe he is/will be a top 10 pick. Just google around and you will find plenty of articles. Don’t worry, you will catch up LOL

I’ll keep watching tape, and I’ve been wrong plenty of times before, but in the 2 games of tape I’ve scouted him on this past season, I put him firmly behind Thomas, Wirfs and Wills and probably Leatherwood as well.

BLUF: technique issues!!!  Speed and leverage players off the edge will give him fits if someone doesn’t get his technique fixed.

OK, did a little more film review and research, I still don’t see a top 5 pick this draft with Becton, but I will concede that at least one solid evaluator of talent does and that’s Daniel Jeremiah.  That is the only media draft analyst I’m aware of that’s super high on Becton as a top 5.  I mostly see him projected from late first rounder to mid third rounder and I still stand on my view that he is a bit of a project due to his technique and is probably a second rounder but could go somewhere soon after pick 20 or so due to his upside.  I suppose it depends on when the OT run starts since nearly every team drafts for need.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/01/new-york-giants-mekhi-becton-2020-nfl-mock-draft-daniel-jeremiah/

Edited by Swampbilly

While I can appreciate his versatility and athleticism I just don't see Simmons as a guy fitting what Patricia wants to do in Detroit. He already fails in the size department at 230 lbs when they prefer guys who are 240+. I've watched some highlight tapes. This is early but what I am seeing more is a guy that is a big safety as opposed to a LB. He is often playing in space in coverage, he doesn't seem to really get into the weeds as a run stopper and a lot of his tackling has been cutting at the legs like a DB as opposed to wrapping and tackling. Watching Simmons makes me like Kenneth Murray that much more. 

I would go Brown or Kinlaw at #3 instead of Simmons. 

Edited by Karnage84