Jump to content
KC_Guy

2020 KC Chiefs Roster Analysis - The Running Backs

Recommended Posts

Sorensen did that on  s regular basis After Thornhill went Down. No was HE'll bei released

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

Sorensen did that on  s regular basis After Thornhill went Down. No was HE'll bei released

 

Let me guess, entered from your phone while jogging?

Sorenson, Do'D, Lucas and Neimann were the core of the best coverage unit in the NFL. Assume all of them will be in camp at least. We have been willing to let guys go that only have impact on ST. Sherman is also in that mix. Something to consider in a RB thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:
 

Let me guess, entered from your phone while jogging?

Sorenson, Do'D, Lucas and Neimann were the core of the best coverage unit in the NFL. Assume all of them will be in camp at least. We have been willing to let guys go that only have impact on ST. Sherman is also in that mix. Something to consider in a RB thread. 

The difference being that neither of them had the impact on O or D Sorensen had. Sherman was on a minimum vet deal this year ... if if he comes back for that: be my guest. I ike the sausage ... and if only for his training camp attire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

The difference being that neither of them had the impact on O or D Sorensen had. Sherman was on a minimum vet deal this year ... if if he comes back for that: be my guest. I ike the sausage ... and if only for his training camp attire.

Niemann is an ascending player I think. His snap count seemed to increase as the year went along especially in the playoffs.

It was his blitz that caused Jimmy to throw that interception in the 4th quarter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.2.2020 at 11:12 PM, Chiefer said:

Niemann is an ascending player I think. His snap count seemed to increase as the year went along especially in the playoffs.

It was his blitz that caused Jimmy to throw that interception in the 4th quarter

funny discussion .. wait for the LB review .. ;-) ... soon to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 4:12 PM, Chiefer said:

Niemann is an ascending player I think. His snap count seemed to increase as the year went along especially in the playoffs.

It was his blitz that caused Jimmy to throw that interception in the 4th quarter

More than the blitz, he was jumping around to show Jimmy G a person in zone position. Kittle was wide open in the zone,  when Garoppolo threw the pass. That said, I think it was the near interception. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, @KC_Guy, I'm going to be honest, I chose to avoid these threads (aside from what barely existent moderating I have to do in this forum), because I really wanted to live in the moment through the post season, and not think about the offseason yet. So now, I'm probably going to chime in on a lot of these you've already posted.

I'm consistently torn on what I think needs done at RB. This is two years now where Damien Williams has completely blown up to end the year. He seemed a complete non-factor to start the year, but from week 10 to his injury, and then from his return through the superbowl, he was a huge contributor. And I just don't know what to expect him to be anymore. If he can even in that form like 75% of the time, I'd be perfectly fine with a discount backfield of Williams/Williams/Thompson/Sherman. But we can't have the run game we had for much of the year and expect Pat to survive. So I guess it just depends on how much the staff trusts Williams.

But I'm also firmly in the camp of RB isn't high value anyway. So even if I wanted an addition, I'd want like a 3rd round pick kind of add, there. So we could probably swing that either to replace Damien in 2019, or potentially replace him in 2020.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

So, @KC_Guy, I'm going to be honest, I chose to avoid these threads (aside from what barely existent moderating I have to do in this forum), because I really wanted to live in the moment through the post season, and not think about the offseason yet. So now, I'm probably going to chime in on a lot of these you've already posted.

I appreciate this. Actually, I thnk this is the first year these threads develop into some kind of serious, rational discussion.

Quote

But I'm also firmly in the camp of RB isn't high value anyway. So even if I wanted an addition, I'd want like a 3rd round pick kind of add, there. So we could probably swing that either to replace Damien in 2019, or potentially replace him in 2020.

That's what I said. 3rd - 5th round. There's usually great value too be found there. Just look at the recent Chiefs RB: Charles, Hunt ... the trick is to find THAT guy ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

I appreciate this. Actually, I thnk this is the first year these threads develop into some kind of serious, rational discussion.

That's what I said. 3rd - 5th round. There's usually great value too be found there. Just look at the recent Chiefs RB: Charles, Hunt ... the trick is to find THAT guy ...

Williams and Mostert were both UDFA. Both were signed by the Phins, which tells more about their drafting than about their FA skills. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

I appreciate this. Actually, I thnk this is the first year these threads develop into some kind of serious, rational discussion.

That's what I said. 3rd - 5th round. There's usually great value too be found there. Just look at the recent Chiefs RB: Charles, Hunt ... the trick is to find THAT guy ...

I do think Reid helps the odds. He's hit on like half the mid-round draft picks his teams have ever spent on RBs. Gotten Buckhalter, Westbrook, McCoy, and Kareem Hunt. Only real misses were Knile Davis and Tony Hunt. Even DAT wound up having value, just at another position. And he definitely does well at using RBs to their strength.

I will be intrigued to see what happens with Darwin Thompson, though. I do understand the hype some have for him. Talent is definitely there. Dude just seems to have so many bad habits, and it's hit or miss on whether you can get guys already at the NFL level to drop those. He'll never get meaningful snaps if he doesn't learn how to run to a hole instead of the edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DT is fairly good between the tackles, which is a bit surprising given his size. He is also an excellent receiver, which Damien Williams is not. The team used him significant downs in the Super Bowl. Once he learns the blocking, I have no problems thinking of him as the lead back.

Spencer Ware, 2016 version, would be the idea. He was a short yardage hammer who could break one long and an excellent blocker. Throw in pass catching skills and you're set. 

J

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

DT is fairly good between the tackles, which is a bit surprising given his size. He is also an excellent receiver, which Damien Williams is not. The team used him significant downs in the Super Bowl. Once he learns the blocking, I have no problems thinking of him as the lead back.

Spencer Ware, 2016 version, would be the idea. He was a short yardage hammer who could break one long and an excellent blocker. Throw in pass catching skills and you're set. 

J

 

I have little faith in Darwin right now. He showed up in preseason against backups but then didn't do much with his opportunities on game days. This draft is DEEP at RB and it'd be a mistake to not look at an upgrade in rounds 2-4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking at the SB snaps. The team trusts Thompson at least a little bit.

That said, I agree that we should tap the pool and the WR pool while we have the chance. It's also a good draft for S and DT and at least decent at CB. We can go BPA all the way through and still help our roster a lot.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×