2020 Las Vegas Raiders Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

QB (3) - Carr/Mariota/Peterman (I think we should roll with 2... but Gruden does his thing)

RB (3) - Jacobs/Bowden/Richard
FB (1) - Ingold

WR (6) - Ruggs/Williams/Renfrow/Edwards/Agholor/Zay

TE (3) - Waller/Moreau/Witten

OL (10) -  Kolton Miller/Trent Brown/Sharpe/Parker
G - Incognito/Jackson/Good/Simpson
C - Hudson/Devey

26 on O

DE (4) - Ferrell/Crosby/Nassib/Key
DT (4) - Collins/Hankins/Hurst/Hall

LB (6) - Littleton/Kwaitkwoski/Morrow/Lee/Wilbur/Muse

CB (4) - Mullen/Arnette/Johnson/Nixon
Slot (2) - Joyner/Robertson

S (4) - Abram/Randall/Harris/Heath

24 on D

LS - Sieg
K - Carlson (will face competition)
P - Cole

thats the 53, though we effectively could have 2 more because 2 practice squad guys can become active any given week now. think we probably still look to add one more body on the DL

Edited by Turnobili

12 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

QB (3) - Carr/Mariota/Peterman (I think we should roll with 2... but Gruden does his thing)

RB (3) - Jacobs/Bowden/Richard
FB (1) - Ingold

WR (6) - Ruggs/Williams/Renfrow/Edwards/Agholor/Zay

TE (3) - Waller/Moreau/Witten

OL (10) -  Kolton Miller/Trent Brown/Sharpe/Parker
G - Incognito/Jackson/Good/Simpson
C - Hudson/Devey

26 on O

DE (4) - Ferrell/Crosby/Nassib/Key
DT (4) - Collins/Hankins/Hurst/Hall

LB (5) - Littleton/Kwaitkwoski/Morrow/Lee/Wilbur/Muse

CB (4) - Mullen/Arnette/Johnson/Nixon
Slot (2) - Joyner/Robertson

S (4) - Abram/Randall/Harris/Heath

24 on D

LS - Sieg
K - Carlson (will face competition)
P - Cole

thats the 53, though we effectively could have 2 more because 2 practice squad guys can become active any given week now. think we probably still look to add one more body on the DL

You have 6 LB listed but only accounted for 5. 

I only noticed because I was trying to see where we differed. And we pretty much agree across the board. Just a few minor differences...

You have Devey over James. Which will be a good camp battle IMO. Devey vs James vs Kush.

You have Nixon over Lawson. Another one that wouldn't surprise me and will be another good Camp battle. Nixon vs Lawson vs Maybin.

You went with Moreau making the roster not starting on PUP list. And cutting Carrier. Again, I could definitely see that.

3 QB vs 4 TE will be an interesting decision too. 

15 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

You have 6 LB listed but only accounted for 5. 

I only noticed because I was trying to see where we differed. And we pretty much agree across the board. Just a few minor differences...

You have Devey over James. Which will be a good camp battle IMO. Devey vs James vs Kush.

You have Nixon over Lawson. Another one that wouldn't surprise me and will be another good Camp battle. Nixon vs Lawson vs Maybin.

You went with Moreau making the roster not starting on PUP list. And cutting Carrier. Again, I could definitely see that.

3 QB vs 4 TE will be an interesting decision too. 

maybe i was caught mid-edit but i have 6 linebackers. the increased roster size has made these lists easier. i could see them carrying only 5 and adding a defensive lineman

i think devey is pretty clearly ahead of James, imo, and james only got action last year because devey was already filling in at guard because both Incognito and Gabe were out. James was pretty bad during his action, too. just not disastrous.

Lawson/Nixon will be interesting, and given how young the rest of the group is, i could see them keeping lawson as the "veteran presence" but honestly thats what Joyner is here for anyway.

and yeah, if moreau is PUP, then carrier is the obvious fill-in. i dont think oleary/butler are getting the nod there

Edited by Turnobili

10 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

i think devey is pretty clearly ahead of James, imo, and james only got action last year because devey was already filling in at guard because both Incognito and Gabe were out. James was pretty bad during his action, too. just not disastrous.

Lawson/Nixon will be interesting, and given how young the rest of the group is, i could see them keeping lawson as the "veteran presence" but honestly thats what Joyner is here for anyway.

and yeah, if moreau is PUP, then carrier is the obvious fill-in. i dont think oleary/butler are getting the nod there

I don't think James was bad at all and was serviceable when in there. Again I think it will be a good battle...

That is why I went Lawson over Nixon and Maybin. Vet Prescience. 

I think you are right. Do you think Mayock goes 4 TE instead of 3 QB?

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I don't think James was bad at all and was serviceable when in there. Again I think it will be a good battle...

That is why I went Lawson over Nixon and Maybin. Vet Prescience. 

I think you are right. Do you think Mayock goes 4 TE instead of 3 QB?

I remember the Lions game there were a number of bad/low snaps when James was starting

I could see roster decisions coming down to:

2 QBs: Shouldn't part of the positives of the Mariota signing be we only carry 2?
RB: I think Bowden means we carry one less back, or one less WR.  
WR: I could see Zay and Agholor competing for one spot.  
TE: I think it's a lock that it's Waller/Moreau/Witten--I completely believe Witten is here to be an influence on Waller and Moreau. One year sage veteran player/coach. I'm cool with it.
OL: Miller/Trent/Gabe/Richie/Hudson/Simpson/Good/Sharpe....think those are locks, and we keep 2 more. Like to stash Cotton till '21
DL: I think the top 8 are set, maaaaybe someone else snags a spot
LB: Littleton/Kwaitkwoski/Morrow/Lee/Muse-And a wildcard. Rooting for Te'Von Coney myself.
CB: Lawson/Nixon fighting for a spot.
S: Abram/Randall/Harris/Heath

• Like 1

8 hours ago, massraider said:

RB: I think Bowden means we carry one less back, or one less WR.  
WR: I could see Zay and Agholor competing for one spot.  
LB: Littleton/Kwaitkwoski/Morrow/Lee/Muse-And a wildcard. Rooting for Te'Von Coney myself.
CB: Lawson/Nixon fighting for a spot.

RB: Hopefully we bring in a veteran like Carlos Hyde and allow Bowden to fill the 6th WR spot. 

WR: I agree that Zay and Agholor are competing for one spot and I think Agholor will win out because of his ability to play inside/outside and contribute on special teams. I think we'll carry 5 WR - Williams/Ruggs/Renfrow/Edwards/Agholor with Bowden kind of being RB4/WR6. 

LB: Agree that those 5 are locks, I actually wouldn't mind bringing Burfict back in a limited SLB type of role. He knows the scheme well and his leadership could help, especially with the weird offseason. 

CB: I think Nixon will be the odd man out unfortunately unless he just straight balls out in training camp. If we carry 9 DL, 5 LB, and 4 S we could technically carry 7 CB's especially since Joyner could/should be used as a hybrid NCB/FS. But either way I think Mullen, Arnette, Johnson, Robertson, and Joyner are locks with Lawson also being pretty close to a lock as well. Lawson played pretty well for us last season and has started like 59 games in his career so that experience will help. 

Plus if you were to cut Lawson in favor of Nixon, our CB room excluding Joyner would have a combined 727 snaps played between the 5 guys. (Mullen/Arnette/Nixon/Johnson/Robertson) Which isn't really a recipe for success, especially in an offseason without OTA's, etc. 

My guess at the final 53 man roster / depth chart 

Offense (25) 

QB - Carr | Mariota 

RB - Jacobs | FA Addition (Hyde?) | Richard | Bowden 

FB - Ingold 

WR - Williams | Edwards 

WR - Ruggs | Renfrow | Agholor 

TE - Waller | Moreau | Witten

LT - Miller | Sharpe 

LG - Incognito | Simpson 

C - Hudson | Devey 

RG - Parker | Good 

RT - Brown | Parker 

Defense (25) 

DE - Crosby | Key | FA Addition (Jordan?) 

DT - Hankins | Hall

DT - Collins | Hurst 

DE - Ferrell | Nassib 

SLB - Lee | Wilbur 

MLB - Littleton | Morrow 

WLB - Kwiatkoski | Muse 

CB - Mullen | Joyner | Robertson 

CB - Arnette | Lawson | Johnson 

SS - Abram | Heath

FS - Randall | Harris

Special Teams (3) 

K - Carlson

P - Cole

LS - Seig 

17 hours ago, Turnobili said:

17 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

You have Nixon over Lawson. Another one that wouldn't surprise me and will be another good Camp battle. Nixon vs Lawson vs Maybin.. 

As I said in my post earlier if you cut Lawson and carry Mullen/Arnette/Johnson/Nixon as your only outside CB's you'd be going into the year with 4 players that have played a combined 727 snaps in the NFL. With Arnette a rookie and Johnson/Nixon being essentially rookies as well with the limited snaps they played last year. That's not a recipe for success, especially in a shortened offseason where none of those guys are going to get OTA's, etc. 

Joyner is a veteran presence but he's not an outside CB, hell he shouldn't even be a full time NCB if we're being honest. And you don't keep a veteran presence because of the locker room value, you keep them because they've actually showed they can play in the NFL. 

Lawson certainly isn't a great player by any means but he's a good backup that I'd say is almost a lock to make the team. He's currently riding the longest streak in the NFL for a CB not allowing 75+ yards in a game, has regularly graded out as one of the best CB's in the league in run support, and he has started 59 games in his 6 year career.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Yeah I think Devey is a lock because he can play all 3 interior spots. I could see us only carrying 3 OT's too if the staff has faith that Good can flex out to RT in an emergency situation.