Raiders Officially known as the "Las Vegas Raiders"

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, showtime said:

I was listening to NBA hall of famer Gary Payton talk about this.  Just as a point of reference, he's from Oakland.  He essentially said he no longer cares about the Raiders anymore.  He said 'they' keep trying to take teams out of Oakland - the Golden State Warriors just got moved out of Oakland to their new arena in San Francisco.

I wonder how many people from Oakland share his point of view.

Raiders team president said 7,000 of the PSLs sold were by Oakland season ticket holders

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I still call the chargers and rams SD and St. Louis so they will still be  Oak.

The Rams played far longer in LA than they ever played in St. Louis.  I found it awkward calling them the St. Louis Rams the entire time they were there.  As far as I'm concerned, the Cardinals belong back in St. Louis.  

1 hour ago, swede700 said:
15 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

The league would have never allowed a team to move to Vegas in the 70s.  

The league wouldn't allow it even 7 years ago.  

Just 4 years ago I posted in the old forum that I thought they would go there but it was mostly just because I thought the Raiders would try to do something that was against the leagues wishes because they got screwed out of L.A. but I didn't think it would happen even then without a fight.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=574993&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

The Rams played far longer in LA than they ever played in St. Louis.  I found it awkward calling them the St. Louis Rams the entire time they were there.  As far as I'm concerned, the Cardinals belong back in St. Louis.  

Chargers should move to St. Louis if they don't have fan support in their first year in the new stadium. The home field advantage in LA has been a joke 

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Chargers should move to St. Louis if they don't have fan support in their first year in the new stadium. The home field advantage in LA has been a joke 

I do agree with that, although St. Louis has already done their part in losing 2 teams, I don't know if they deserve a 3rd shot.  I'd almost think moving them to Salt Lake City would be a better option.  

• Like 1

Problem with LA, Vegas, even Miami, majority of people living in the areas are transplants from different cities and hold value of the original team that they grew up watching over the team that is in the current city they are living in. For me living in miami you have a ton of fans that are Pats Giants Jets Eagles Steelers and even Bills fans because majority move to live in warmer weather but are still die hard fans of their teams. I can imagine it being the same in Vegas and LA which will cause issues like Miami and LA (more chargers then rams) have had recently with low attendance. If your team starts winning and becomes relevant in the league then more then likely the fan base will be getting bigger as they jump on the bandwagon at the time but once they start losing again they will start to disappear again. Im interested to see how many people show up for the Rams games early on in the season since they didnt make the playoffs this year.