I seriously think AB might have brain damage from the NFL

mdonnelly21

I'm not kidding either or being downplaying him.

If you seen the move concussion you see that these hits on NFL players have serious effects on their brains. 

Long term damage but even short term damage. 

I don't recall hearing anything like this from AB in his earlier in his career. 

I seriously think something might have happened to his brain recently from all the NFL hits he's taken where he's just not thinking straight. 

I hope he gets seen, because it's a sad thing where he went from being the best most consistent WR we've seen in a while. 

100+ catches a year in his sleep, year in and year out. Not your prototypical Randy Moss burn you whole defense, but in a lot of ways just as effective. 

And to this all the news regarding him now with a Warrant for his arrest, something is off big time and I'm certain it's brain damage. 

His frontal lobe and parietal lobe are no longer communicating.

Here is what I said in NFL News:

Study Phineas Gage. He had a dramatic brain injury but was walking after 5 minutes and speaking sentences after being unconscious for 3-4 minutes. However, he was never the same man. Eventually after hundreds of years of studies and advanced technology they figured out his frontal lobe and parietal lobe stopped communicating. What this means is, you can’t regulate emotion. If you feel emotion, you must act on it immediately and cannot think. You basically have the maturity of a ten year old, if that.

Antonio Brown died when Vontaze Burfict hit him. It's a sad reality.

• Like 3

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Unless you get some medical professional to examine his brain there really isn't much other than pure speculation. 

Yeah but we can at least talk about it without the insults and quickly getting the thread locked. 

At this point though, the signs are pointing way more to mental illness or brain disease than being an ahole or idiot. 

• Like 1

Quite frankly, AB has the most text book case of narcissistic personality disorder that I’ve ever seen in popular media. It’s so pin point accurate that if clinical psychology text books should be re-written to include the example. 

Even brain injury experts are struggling to understand CTE. It’s not a waste basket diagnosis for every athlete that has psychological disease, especially when there is an excellent alternate diagnosis that is so spot on  

Since this is a football website...HERE’S THE TIE IN. How long will this injury keep Brown away from the game? If this is bipolar (probably not...) it’s the most optimistic prognosis...he can be treated and be a high functioning individual. If this is CTE...he’d be managed with rehab psych, which could have some effectiveness. But of course, if he gets that diagnosis (which is rarely given to living people), there’s a huge ethical dilemma of sending him back on the football field. If he has NPD, it’s going to be a challenge. Personally, I’d take 100 brain injury patients over 1 NPD patient. 

Edited by sammymvpknight
  • Like 8

17 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Honestly, I think he was pretty bad coming out of college. He didn't fall to the 6th because of his talent or perceived lack of it. he fell because of his off-field stuff.

I think people ignore this. The warning flags were on full display before he took a single NFL related hit.

• Like 3

According to Ryan Clark ( FS with the Steelers and ESPN analysis) AB has always acted this way.  Perhaps he is worst with concussions or perhaps he no longer has coaches and football keeping him occupied.

AB was a POS from the outset and Ryan Clark was made to look like a genius. AB was in his first or 2nd year with the Steelers when several teammates made a visit to DuBois, PA to play basketball for a charity event. The team stayed in a hotel (Hampton I believe). Upon leaving, AB totally destroyed the room. He threw the tv against the wall, used a knife and cut the pillows and mattress. He also destroyed areas in the hallway and the elevator. The hotel contacted Mike Tomlin about the incident as they didn't find the damage until after the team checked out. Apparently, Tomlin sent AB back to DuBois with the team lawyer and a check to take care of the incident. While the lawyer and AB were meeting with the hotel manager, AB started getting mouthy, whereby, the lawyer apparently grabbed him by the shirt collar, told him to shut his f*ing mouth and go wait in the car. This incident never made to the public's ears as far as I know. It was definitely not reported on by the media. It was buried!!! But... it shows he was an POS from the very beginning! So... nothing has changed other than him becoming a bigger POS , so I wouldn't put too much stock in any CTE talk as the reason as to why he's doing what he's doing.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 6