I seriously think AB might have brain damage from the NFL

mdonnelly21

7 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

2 Years ago I asked who's career out of Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace, and Emmanuel Sanders would you want and AB overwhelmingly won and everyone though I was crazy. It seems like Sanders is a distant first now while AB might be last...

???

I mean, of course 2 years ago, no one saw this coming.  He was on his way to a top 5 WR career of all time.

Its hard to really compare them now because this derailed everything.  Brown is still by far the best WR of the 3.    As a human being, he is just a trainwreck.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

???

I mean, of course 2 years ago, no one saw this coming.  He was on his way to a top 5 WR career of all time.

Its hard to really compare them now because this derailed everything.  Brown is still by far the best WR of the 3.    As a human being, he is just a trainwreck.

Yea, he's clearly had the best career of that group.

People don't get CTE after one hit and people's personalities don't change after one hit. CTE develops over a long time and you cannot blame someone's behavior solely on CTE when he had these concerns going back to college. He was always a ummm...not very bright but was able to be held in check. Couldn't last forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

2 Years ago I asked who's career out of Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace, and Emmanuel Sanders would you want and AB overwhelmingly won and everyone though I was crazy. It seems like Sanders is a distant first now while AB might be last...

Sanders is still behind 179 yards and 15 TDs behind Wallace and 3370 yards and 33 TDs behind Brown, and considering that he turns 33 this offseason I doubt he can catch Brown in time.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:52 AM, ET80 said:

I completely agree that every locker room has SOME sort of drama.

But... Tomlin kept that powder keg from popping, AND got divisive characters such as AB, Le'Veon Bell, Santonio Holmes, one of the Pouncy brothers, James Harrison and Ben Roethlensberger to perform at a SB level on a near yearly basis.

Herding cats might literally be easier.

The Pouncey’s were brought up in the Hernandez documentary as well as CTE.  However I think Urban Meyer and Co letting them do whatever they wanted in Gainesville created more of a monster than brain damage did.  However we’ll never know for sure especially when you throws drugs into the mix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

So we're just going to ignore all the red flags and smoke coming out about AB well before the Burfict hit?

I mean, literally the first response in the thread brought his pre-hit character/disposition into the equation.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:45 AM, ET80 said:

I'm no doctor, but I'm going to roll with this over anything else. On the surface, it's easy to say CTE. Peel the layers back (from his college career to now) and you'll see that this isn't some fall from grace - it's the culmination of a guy who truly believed himself to be greater than every other man, woman and child to ever exist on this planet. 

I think we too often miss one of the biggest confounding factors in cases like these, that sometimes these sorts of traits may have helped the player reach the NFL, rather than the other way around. Things like this or increase aggression/lack of impulse control can be major positives in separating the proverbial wheat from chaff in lower levels of football on the way to the NFL.

7 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I think we too often miss one of the biggest confounding factors in cases like these, that sometimes these sorts of traits may have helped the player reach the NFL, rather than the other way around. Things like this or increase aggression/lack of impulse control can be major positives in separating the proverbial wheat from chaff in lower levels of football on the way to the NFL.

Well, you may have a point, but alot, if not most of these guys were probably extremely cocky and arrogant going through high school and college and even the NFL. 

Most dont turn out like AB.

There is a difference between being a cocky alpha male and being a narcissist with likely an extreme mental disorder.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2020 at 8:28 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, you may have a point, but alot, if not most of these guys were probably extremely cocky and arrogant going through high school and college and even the NFL. 

Most dont turn out like AB.

There is a difference between being a cocky alpha male and being a narcissist with likely an extreme mental disorder.

Oh absolutely. 

On 1/26/2020 at 10:26 PM, ILoveTheVikings said:

People don't get CTE after one hit and people's personalities don't change after one hit. CTE develops over a long time and you cannot blame someone's behavior solely on CTE when he had these concerns going back to college. He was always a ummm...not very bright but was able to be held in check. Couldn't last forever.

Eh, not sure about that.  If it's a bad hit, I think it could happen.  I don't know about CTE, but I know a guy personally who definitely changed a bit after a bad hit to the head.  Maybe it's more psychological than anything, but it's not hard to imagine permanent brain damage from one head injury that could change a person.  

Not saying AB has this, or that it's an excuse for anything.  

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 11:49 PM, jonnguy2015 said:

Sanders is still behind 179 yards and 15 TDs behind Wallace and 3370 yards and 33 TDs behind Brown, and considering that he turns 33 this offseason I doubt he can catch Brown in time.

Sanders will be the only one with a Super Bowl ring likely; and could actually have two after Sunday.