I seriously think AB might have brain damage from the NFL

mdonnelly21

8 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

After Sunday Sanders could likely have 2 Super Bowl rings.... Just saying.

And Antonio Brown would still have the better career.

Measuring a QB on rings is a reasonable discussion. WRs? Notsomuch.

• Like 8

On 1/30/2020 at 11:26 PM, BlaqOptic said:

Sanders will be the only one with a Super Bowl ring likely; and could actually have two after Sunday.

If youre arguing that Sanders will walk away from the game with more fulfillment than Brown, I can get on board with that.   Even if AB plays again (and thats a might big IF at this point), he will always have a cloud over him and wont reach the levels of fame he would have if he hadnt gone nuts. 

However, AB was a historically great player and one of the best WRs ever.  Sanders will be remembered as a good player, but not on a historic level.

I dont have much desire to give AB credit for much these days, but no one who actually watched both play will ever think Sanders was remotely close to Brown.

BUT, I will concede that, from their own personal standpoints, Sanders will likely look back on his career more fondly than Brown, if only because there wont be nearly as many "what if's?"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If youre arguing that Sanders will walk away from the game with more fulfillment than Brown, I can get on board with that.   Even if AB plays again (and thats a might big IF at this point), he will always have a cloud over him and wont reach the levels of fame he would have if he hadnt gone nuts. 

However, AB was a historically great player and one of the best WRs ever.  Sanders will be remembered as a good player, but not on a historic level.

I dont have much desire to give AB credit for much these days, but no one who actually watched both play will ever think Sanders was remotely close to Brown.

BUT, I will concede that, from their own personal standpoints, Sanders will likely look back on his career more fondly than Brown, if only because there wont be nearly as many "what if's?"

I guess I feel that AB has erased his legacy. I feel like a lot of people wont remember how dominant he was as guys like MT will come along and smash his records. And with that people will just think of him as just another WR who ultimately ends up owning no records.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I guess I feel that AB has erased his legacy. I feel like a lot of people wont remember how dominant he was as guys like MT will come along and smash his records. And with that people will just think of him as just another WR who ultimately ends up owning no records.

Maybe I'm delusional, but I don't think it's too late for Brown.  He just needs to get his ish together.  Brown's got the skill-set to be a monster into his late 30s.\

But personally, I won't forget how good AB was. 

• Like 1

Two other teams took a chance on Antonio Brown, which proves that everybody thought he was the victim and that the Steelers were the *******s. If anything, the Steelers were the only team capable of harnessing him for any worthwhile amount of time.

CTE isn't the problem here. Narcissistic personality disorder is.

8 minutes ago, Bassomatic said:

Two other teams took a chance on Antonio Brown, which proves that everybody thought he was the victim and that the Steelers were the *******s. If anything, the Steelers were the only team capable of harnessing him for any worthwhile amount of time.

CTE isn't the problem here. Narcissistic personality disorder is.

I don’t think signing Brown = he’s a victim. 

They just thought his talent was worth the headaches. They clearly underestimated AB in that respect...

• Like 1