What's your big board? 2020 edition!

RaidersAreOne

42 minutes ago, reddevil said:

What are your thoughts on the safeties? Would expect 1, possibly both to be there at 19 and with a bit of a cluster of late 1st/2nd round CBs, it could be a pick that makes sense.

Seems that the consensus is that Delpit is perhaps more a FS and one who would be more comfortable playing deep. I could see this as a good compliment to Abrams, although are we likely to play in this way. McKinney seems like a player MM would like, but is he too similar to Abrams. Would they be able to play together?

Its a tough one as I like the tools that Delpit has and he should be head and shoulders the best safety in the class but I cant ignore the tackling issues, to me poor tackling is usually a lack of commitment and desire to tackle, big red flags. We've said we rotate safeties and dont play a traditional box SS and centre field FS so even though i think Delpit probably is best using his range and ball skills i dont see him as an out and out FS and he of course played both at LSU. McKinney has just about enough range and he's got decent ball skills and can play up near the line and is tenacious, i dont see a potential All Pro with him but I think he'll be good. Probably my favourite safety is Winfield, but he's quite similar to Karl Joseph to me, smaller stature but plays flat out, tackles like a demon but question marks over his range and coverage deep. Im not sure we would draft him as he's smaller and similar to what we had.

Delpit has all the skills but McKinney and Winfield have that wolverine attitude I love. I can see us going WR at 12 then CB or S at 19, wouldnt be mad with any of the 3 above though we could get Winfield with a trade down i think. 

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For first round:

01. Chase Young, DE Ohio State
02. Joe Burrow, QB LSU
03. Derrick Brown, DT Auburn
04. Jeffrey Okudah, CB Ohio State
05. Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama*
06a. Ceedee Lamb, WR Oklahoma
06b. Jerry Jeudy, WR Alabama
08. Tristan Wirfs, OL Iowa
09. Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama
10. Mekhi Becton, OL Louisville
11. Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah
12. Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma
13. CJ Henderson, CB Florida
14. Javon Kinlaw, DT South Carolina
15. AJ Terrell, CB Clemson
16. Justin Jefferson, WR LSU
17. Jeff Gladney, CB TCU
18. Laviska Shenault, WR Colorado*
19.  AJ Epenesa, DE Iowa
20. Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE Penn State

* pending medicals

For third round through fifth:
01. DeAndre Swift, RB Georgia
02. Jonathan Taylor, RB Wisconsin
03. Brandon Aiyuk, WR Arizona State
04. Ross Blacklock, DT TCU
05. Neville Gallimore, DT Oklahoma
06. Damon Arnette, CB Ohio State
07. Noah Igbinoghene, CB Auburn
08. Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame
09. Michael Pittman, WR USC
10. Clyde Edwards-Heliaire, RB LSU
11. JK Dobbins, RB Ohio State
12. Darrell Taylor, EDGE Tennessee
13. Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB Appalachian State
14. Amik Robinson, CB Louisiana Tech
15. Justin Madubuike, DT Texas A&M
16. Jalen Hurts, QB Oklahoma
17. Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming
18. Logan Stenberg, G Kentucky
19. Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan
20. Terrell Burgess, S Utah
21. Michael Ojemudia, CB Iowa
22. Jacob Eason, QB Washington
23. Brandon Jones, S Texas
24. Matt Hennessy, IOL Temple
25. Tyler Johnson, WR Minnesota
26. Jeremy Chinn, LB/s Southern Illinois
27. Solomon Kindley, G Georgia
28. Ben Bredeson, G Michigan
29. Eno Benjamin, RB Arizona State
30. Van Jefferson, WR Florida
31. KJ Hill, WR Ohio State
32. Khalid Kareem, Edge Notre Dame
33. Davon Hamilton, NT Ohio State
34. Zach Moss, RB Utah
35. Brian Edwards, WR South Carolina
36. Dane Johnson, CB Pittsburgh
37. Davion Taylor, LB Colorado
38. Leki Fotu, NT Utah
39. Jordyn Brooks, LB Texas Tech
40. Benito Jones, DT Ole Miss

On 3/24/2020 at 4:11 PM, Darbsk said:

Its a tough one as I like the tools that Delpit has and he should be head and shoulders the best safety in the class but I cant ignore the tackling issues, to me poor tackling is usually a lack of commitment and desire to tackle, big red flags. We've said we rotate safeties and dont play a traditional box SS and centre field FS so even though i think Delpit probably is best using his range and ball skills i dont see him as an out and out FS and he of course played both at LSU. McKinney has just about enough range and he's got decent ball skills and can play up near the line and is tenacious, i dont see a potential All Pro with him but I think he'll be good. Probably my favourite safety is Winfield, but he's quite similar to Karl Joseph to me, smaller stature but plays flat out, tackles like a demon but question marks over his range and coverage deep. Im not sure we would draft him as he's smaller and similar to what we had.

Delpit has all the skills but McKinney and Winfield have that wolverine attitude I love. I can see us going WR at 12 then CB or S at 19, wouldnt be mad with any of the 3 above though we could get Winfield with a trade down i think. 

Just remember Michael Huff a 10 yard pass became 30 yards after he missed a tackle and it happened all the time.

Tier 1

1. Chase Young

2. Joe Burrow

3. Jedrick Wills

4. Isaiah Simmons

Tier 2

5. Jeff Okudah

6. CJ Henderson

7.Tua Tag

8. Javon Kinlaw

Tier 3

9. Derrick Brown

10. Jerry Jeudy

11. CeeDee Lamb

12. Tristian Wirfs

13. Andrew Thomas

14. Mechi Becton

Tier 4

15. D'Andre Swift

16. Jonathan Taylor

17. Antoine Winfield

18. Brandon Aiyuk

19. Jalen Reagor

20. Laviska Shenault

21. Justin Jefferson

22. Jordan Love

23. Cam Akers

Tier 5

24. Kenneth Murray

25. Patrick Queen

26. K'Lavon Chaisson

27. Yetur Gross Matos

28. AJ Terrell

29. Henry Ruggs

30. Grant Delpit

31. Josh Jones

32. K'Von Wallace

4 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Tier 1

1. Chase Young

2. Joe Burrow

3. Jedrick Wills

4. Isaiah Simmons

Tier 2

5. Jeff Okudah

6. CJ Henderson

7.Tua Tag

8. Javon Kinlaw

Tier 3

9. Derrick Brown

10. Jerry Jeudy

11. CeeDee Lamb

12. Tristian Wirfs

13. Andrew Thomas

14. Mechi Becton

Tier 4

15. D'Andre Swift

16. Jonathan Taylor

17. Antoine Winfield

18. Brandon Aiyuk

19. Jalen Reagor

20. Laviska Shenault

21. Justin Jefferson

22. Jordan Love

23. Cam Akers

Tier 5

24. Kenneth Murray

25. Patrick Queen

26. K'Lavon Chaisson

27. Yetur Gross Matos

28. AJ Terrell

29. Henry Ruggs

30. Grant Delpit

31. Josh Jones

32. K'Von Wallace

How do you have Jedrick Wills in Tier 1, but not Okudah, Brown, or Tua? I can’t understand Tua because of medical concerns, but the other 2?

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

How do you have Jedrick Wills in Tier 1, but not Okudah, Brown, or Tua? I can’t understand Tua because of medical concerns, but the other 2?

He’s in his own tier amongst the OL to me.  Huge, powerful, and mean.  Drives defenders off the ball in the run game.  His pass sets are fantastic and already advanced and he plays with great balance at all times.  Immovable anchor to handle power rushers and more than sufficient foot speed to mirror.  Elite OT prospect to me

Love Okudah but he’s missing the recover speed to be considered an “elite” prospect a la Patrick Peterson.

Brown is incredibly safe but question the pass rushing impact.  Beat guys using pure strength and power - not sure how well that’ll translate in regards to pass rushing the NFL.

Edited by Chwf3rd25
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

He’s in his own tier amongst the OL to me.  Huge, powerful, and mean.  Drives defenders off the ball in the run game.  His pass sets are fantastic and already advanced and he plays with great balance at all times.  Immovable anchor to handle power rushers and more than sufficient foot speed to mirror.  Elite OT prospect to me

Love Okudah but he’s missing the recover speed to be considered an “elite” prospect a la Patrick Peterson.

Brown is incredibly safe but question the pass rushing impact.  Beat guys using pure strength and power - not sure how well that’ll translate in regards to pass rushing the NFL.

Brown scares me as a pass rusher.! He could be good or another Just big run stuffer who doesn’t get sacks.  All big guys who win with strength scare me thou, it’s not personal with him.

33 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Interesting take. I appreciate the response!

Pick 12:

1) Tua (not realistic)

2) Jeff Okudah (not realistic)

3) Isaiah Simmons (not realistic)

4) Derrick Brown (not realistic)

5) Trade Down

6) Jerry Jeudy

7) Henry Ruggs III

8) Javon Kinlaw

Pick 19:

1) Jaylon Johnson

2) Ross Blacklock

3) Trade Down (only for a really really good deal though, if not I'll pass)

4) AJ Terrell

5) Jordan Love

That's basically my thoughts and board. Also, if Kinlaw fell to 19 I'd be all over him as well.

On 4/17/2020 at 9:10 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

How are those final BB's shaping up?

Overall prospects or just who we want? 

Pick 12

1 - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

2 - CJ Henderson | CB | Florida

3 -  Henry Ruggs | WR | Alabama

4 - Jerry Jeudy | WR | Alabama

5 - Javon Kinlaw | DT | South Carolina

And then pick 19 would depend on who we took at #12 tbh.

• Like 1

We could go a variety of ways tomorrow. My instinct says trade back if available is a no-brainer for Mayock, but may not be available a la #4 last year. I wouldn't be surprised that we address day 2 instead of day 1 and go defense heavy. Nabbing WR/CB day 1 is the betting favorite at this point.

Selfishly I want Lamb, been a big fan all year. Jeudy I never thought would be available, but we really could use either. I want a trade back at 19 but staying put we have to address CB, and Terrell seems like the fit to me. Lamb/Terrell is my hope at this point, but I'd be happy with many prospects and approaches...including Tua if he falls.