Juice is a class act through and through

brooks1957

Ugh. Let's just get over this headache and trade this overpaid diva glorified possession receiver with his bloated contract while we still can--gotta find a way to re-sign Greg Robinson.

tl;dr everyone STFU already about Juice and OBJ. We are so lucky to have them both, antics or otherwise. 

Just had to get that off Tayne's chest.

Edited by NudeTayne
Hope Tayne covered all the lame narratives there.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Ugh. Let's just get over this headache and trade this overpaid diva glorified possession receiver with his bloated contract while we still can--gotta find a way to re-sign Greg Robinson.

tl;dr everyone STFU already about Juice and OBJ. We are so lucky to have them both, antics or otherwise. 

Just had to get that off Tayne's chest.

Feeling better now, are we? LOL

• Like 1

All I'm saying is, is the league year begins on March 18 and Jarvis' 2020 salary becomes guaranteed on March 22. That salary figure is $13M. 

He also will receive a $1.5M dispersal of his signing bonus and a $50K workout bonus (which he more than earned on the dodgeball field).

With the cap going up and his production going up as well, it only makes sense to ride out this contract another two years at a $14.5M cap hit, then see if $16M is still a value in 2022.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/jarvis-landry-14473/#

• Like 2

So many NFL players are "valued" by their teams ONLY by the number on their contracts. May I be the first to say that Jarvis breaks that mold - shatters that mother.

All the ancillary leadership stuff he brings to the table STRONG - I want him on my football team.

• Like 1

Just a healthy reminder that Cleveland is a small market franchise that isn’t exactly appealing to most men in their 20’s. Every team has money,  not just Cleveland. Hell the Patriots have almost 50 mil in cap space.

So, if you want to cut Jarvis, you better have nuts of steel that you can replace him in the draft (also, we historically suck at drafting). 

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just a healthy reminder that Cleveland is a small market franchise that isn’t exactly appealing to most men in their 20’s. Every team has money,  not just Cleveland. Hell the Patriots have almost 50 mil in cap space.

So, if you want to cut Jarvis, you better have nuts of steel that you can replace him in the draft (also, we historically suck at drafting). 

His 2018 production, in particular his efficiency, could have easily been replaced. 

2019 is a different story, and it is the first year he played up to his contract. 

I do not expect there are any internal discussions about moving on from that contract at this point. He has produced enough to make his deal fair market value for 2020 and 2021.

• Like 2