• Sacramento
    • Salt Lake City
    • Portland
    • St. Louis
    • Oklahoma City
    • Vancouver
    • Toronto
    • Mexico City

Whatever city is willing to mortgage it’s future and spend a billion dollars all for the benefit of letting a business come to your town and do business. Public funds should never be used on a stadium to subsidize a business as large as the NFL. It’s gotten beyond ridiculous at this point. 

• Like 9

I don't really like the idea of any teams moving tbh.

As much as I want to say San Diego, San Diego didn't really try that hard to keep the Chargers.

Probably San Antonio and Toronto.

OKC or St. Louis wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Edited by Bolts223

I find it's easier to mark off the cities that wouldn't be good options:

Sacramento & Memphis struggle with attendance of their NBA teams and until their new stadium the Kings were going to relocate while Memphis is the next likeliest relocation target. Oklahoma City is doing well with the NBA so far but will be going through their first rebuild stage and are one of the smallest markets. Salt Lake's only pro team is valued 19th of 30 which isn't bad but when you consider how relatively remote the city is being the main hub in the state and the average income, the question is how passionate fans would be to support an NFL team which would require a new stadium and higher prices than their college team. St. Louis lost their team just recently because they wouldn't build a new stadium and that's the 2nd time in 25 years so unlikely any time soon. Mexico City, Vancouver and Montreal are international markets which brings up currency exchange issues and while both Toronto and Vancouver have the financial base to support a team when built, both would need new stadiums with Canadian permit laws and existing NFL teams in close enough proximity.

That leaves Portland and San Antonio. From that short-list it's San Antonio by a pretty healthy margin because of the money and population. Now in Portland's defense they are close in metro population to San Antonio (they're listed one spot below at 25th to San Antonio's 24th) and are valued 14th in NBA teams, again just below San Antonio but they don't have the surrounding population which with only 8 regular season games can very well be seen as within 3 hours driving distance or the financial wealth of the area not to mention expected growth. San Antonio's Mayor has also been vocal for whatever it's worth. That said I think either Portland or San Antonio would likely be successful in maintaining an NFL team.

Realistically though I've kept saying that with only 4 teams per division I could see a 4 team Euro-Division coming sooner than later because a single London team, even with long home and road stretches would be too big a gap for very long to exist on its own for an entire continent. And Germany did support the NFL-Europe teams it had until the end (even if most were losing money). I also think if you're looking at a 20 year conquest plan for the league, investing heavily in a cross-Atlantic build-up would seem to make sense. You also have less stadium issues in Europe because of euro-football. Sure you'd probably need stadium upgrades for serious NFL franchises but you wouldn't have to worry about brand new builds.

So I think London, Manchester, Berlin and Dortmund (metro area and stadium, look it up) make sense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

Whatever city is willing to mortgage it’s future and spend a billion dollars all for the benefit of letting a business come to your town and do business. Public funds should never be used on a stadium to subsidize a business as large as the NFL. It’s gotten beyond ridiculous at this point. 

Indeed.

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

if another team decides to move, which city deserves a team? I'll add a poll when I get suggestions. I could see the Chargers moving soon 

• Portland
  • Salt Lake City
  • Sacramento 
  • San Antonio 
  • Vancouver 
  • Memphis

Definitely not: Memphis/San Antonio/Sacramento.

Probably not Oklahoma City, yet, either.

Salt Lake City is my top choice, followed by a Canadian team or a team in Oregon.