• Sacramento
    • Salt Lake City
    • Portland
    • St. Louis
    • Oklahoma City
    • Vancouver
    • Toronto
    • Mexico City

Toronto, idk if the attendance would do well.

San Antonio has the alamodome, it's a massive city, with a massive domed stadium, with a football crazy fanbase, that LOVES sports and has been craving a professional football team (I am there rn, when the AAF was going on, I saw so much San Antonio Commanders merch and I was on the bus everyday and the buses had promos on the side of it and stuff), people need a team there.

Also the issue with Mexico City is this (this goes for London as well and to some degree, Toronto), moving a team to a non-US market means that you're basically trying to expand football there, right? So tell me how that market is going to feel in 20 years time when no players are native to said nation and its just the same old americans from the NCAA? I like to believe this is a big reason behind NFL Europa's downfall too, no local heroes, no one really cares about the local community, no one speaks the language. It's difficult. I think this is slightly why the NFL opened an NFL academy in London.

Edited by Drained

22 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Most pretentious school in the history of America.  

Who even likes them?  

Considering they are consistently top 3 in student body size and have one of the largest alumni bases in the world---I would say a lot of people like them.

Edited by AkronsWitness

I was in Toronto once drinking with a bunch if locals they had zero interest in an NFL team.

London is crazy, travel makes it unlikely as well as players not wanting to live or sign there. Hard sell.

St. Louis lost a team twice, they should be off the list.

Jacksonville never should have been awarded a team in the first place. That was an idiotic location to put a team.

43 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Considering they are consistently top 3 in student body size and have one of the largest alumni bases in the world---I would say a lot of people like them.

If memory serves it's extremely easy to get in if you're a resident of Ohio.

Mexico City. One of the largest cities on the planet. Theyd capture 90% fans from Mexico to Argentina. Create millions of new fans in most countries south of America and many even in America itself.

These other cities mentioned. NFL already broadcast in all those places fully. Even with only FreeAir TV a person can pick up 5 games a week. NFL needs to branch out instead of staying put, servicing the same fans they already have. Hit the 10 million people of Mexico City, 21 million total with surrounding area with 5 FreeAir games a week and youve cashed in on an entirely new market.

Plus. Just reading the names of those other cities can make most anyone yawn. While Mexico City can rival New Orleans with city happenings.

21 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Mexico City. One of the largest cities on the planet. Theyd capture 90% fans from Mexico to Argentina. Create millions of new fans in most countries south of America and many even in America itself.

These other cities mentioned. NFL already broadcast in all those places fully. Even with only FreeAir TV a person can pick up 5 games a week. NFL needs to branch out instead of staying put, servicing the same fans they already have. Hit the 10 million people of Mexico City, 21 million total with surrounding area with 5 FreeAir games a week and youve cashed in on an entirely new market.

Plus. Just reading the names of those other cities can make most anyone yawn. While Mexico City can rival New Orleans with city happenings.

Mexico City is not safe. It's the kidnaping capital of the world. 

I know someone who is from there, who told me that when her mother dies she won't be able to go to the funeral, because the local gangs (who know she now lives in America) will find her and rob her blind 

Does that sound like a place guys will want to raise a family? Also, the air quality there is horrendous 

Does it make financial sense for the NFL to move there? Sure. Does that mean it's a good idea? No. 

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

Mexico City is not safe. It's the kidnaping capital of the world. 

I know someone who is from there, who told me that when her mother dies she won't be able to go to the funeral, because the local gangs (who know she now lives in America) will find her and rob her blind 

Does that sound like a place guys will want to raise a family? Also, the air quality there is horrendous 

Does it make financial sense for the NFL to move there? Sure. Does that mean it's a good idea? No. 

Thats a bias statement. Ive been to Mexico City a few times and its been wonderful. Never even got kidnapped or murdered either time. And Ive been to places like Baltimore... For some strange, odd reason its ok to have a team in a place like Baltimore and not Mexico City. Because of some, "I heard", or "I know 1 person from there that says..."

I lived around 3 years in Venezuela. And Id move back before Id live in a place like Baltimore. Or St Louis. Or Chicago. Or Detroit. And with comparing cities. Its good areas are a lot nicer than dumps like Pittsburgh or some of those others I mentioned.

What city doesnt have extremely bad areas? Yes Mexico City has a massive ghetto like area. Know what you do? Same as any other city. You stay away from those areas. Think Saint players or fans are hanging around the 7th Ward? No. Theyre drunk safely in the French Quarter.