• Salt Lake City
    • Portland
    • St. Louis
    • Oklahoma City
    • Vancouver
    • Toronto
    • Mexico City

9 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

St. Louis has been tormented for so long, they deserve an NFL team that will be there consistently.

Agreed.

Hasn't there been murmurs of the NFL trying to push a team back there? I know there was some murmurs of the Chargers but I imagine it'd go for any team that may relocate.

2 hours ago, Nozizaki said:

St. Louis has been tormented for so long, they deserve an NFL team that will be there consistently.

I think they deserve it the most but being left twice isn't a good look regardless of circumstances. Most people I know that used to be Rams fans from STL just don't even pay attention to the league. I'm not sure they'd really get behind another team due to how the team moved. They are also trying to push KC into the STL market which due to how good the Chiefs are is actually converting a fair amount of fans. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

If they added a new team, does that mean there would be a division with 5 teams? How would that work?

The OP said if a team moved, not necessarily new expansion. Although it was edit, so he could have changed the wording after you posted.

Yea, sorry, I'm splitting a hair with ya.

On 1/23/2020 at 4:14 PM, Magnifico said:

Toronto is a good shout if outside the states.

Raptors prove that the city will rally around a decent team let alone a contender; turned out in droves to get Lebronto'd every year or embarassed by the Wizards till last year.

Like I said in the London thread - I seriously doubt the CFL would be thrilled to have the NFL horn in on their turf.  Isn't 32 teams enough?

10 hours ago, Pugger said:

Like I said in the London thread - I seriously doubt the CFL would be thrilled to have the NFL horn in on their turf.  Isn't 32 teams enough?

A relocation is going to happen for 1-2 teams in not so distant future I'm sure. Doesn't have to be an expansion team.

19 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I think they deserve it the most but being left twice isn't a good look regardless of circumstances. Most people I know that used to be Rams fans from STL just don't even pay attention to the league. I'm not sure they'd really get behind another team due to how the team moved. They are also trying to push KC into the STL market which due to how good the Chiefs are is actually converting a fair amount of fans. 

I wouldn't root for a St. Louis team if they added one. And obviously to get one the NFL would basically require a taxpayer funded stadium, which would screw the city even more.

I think it would take a long, long time before it'd ever make sense to bring a team back.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I wouldn't root for a St. Louis team if they added one. And obviously to get one the NFL would basically require a taxpayer funded stadium, which would screw the city even more.

I think it would take a long, long time before it'd ever make sense to bring a team back.

I agree with that. I just hate the mindset that the city lost a team twice so they don't deserve a team. Kroenke was going to move the team at the first out he got to increase his net worth. It had nothing to do with the Rams fans not supporting a team that won nothing in the 10 years prior to the move. 

I wasn't alive to know the logistics of how the Cardinals moved but my understanding was the city didn't want to fund his stadium. Which is a stance most cities should take.

12 hours ago, Pugger said:

While I agree, I dont think the CFL could stop the NFL if they truly wanted a Team in say Vancouver  or Toronto.  It be like Coke vs RC Cola.

I could see the Fans absolutely getting behind a NFL team much like the Toronto Blue Jay's, or Toronto Raptors. I don't for a second believe Fans would be hesitant for NFL football to exist. Thats all that really matters the Revenue and could they actually support it, CFL would be screwed. It's just a matter of which locations could build a new stadium because I do not believe the NFL Relocated Team would want to share with a CFL Team and nor should they.

Rams -Chargers will be the poster child for not renting a Stadium through another for decades to come!

Edited by Nabbs4u