Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Raiders extend CB Nevin Lawson (One year, $3.29 M)

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

I guess his value comes in his ability to play outside and inside. Probably means we won't be targeting many DBs in FA.

Or... could be looked at as a depth signing.  A guy who will get snaps intermittently.  If a starter goes down, he has starter experience.  

1 minute ago, Totty said:

Or... could be looked at as a depth signing.  A guy who will get snaps intermittently.  If a starter goes down, he has starter experience.  

I think they want to give Johnson and Nixon a shot. So, ideally, Lawson is depth.

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I think they want to give Johnson and Nixon a shot. So, ideally, Lawson is depth.

I think Lawson is the starting NCB.

As for Johnson... I HOPE we sign Jones or Roby. IF we don't, and we miss on Okudah @ 12 and Diggs @ 19. I expect a CB to be targeted with one of those 3rds and that person will get a chance to battle it out with Johnson to start next to Mullen. 

Meh. Depth I guess. Wonder if this means Worley isnt retained and its sink or swim for Johnson and Nixon. We'll see. I would have preferred a different route but I'll wait and see.

I like this signing. He played well down the stretch and it gives us flexibility as far as making a possible addition via the draft or FA this offseason. If we miss out on a top prospect or a FA, we can roll with the youngins with Lawson as depth as others have mentioned. 

40 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I like this signing. He played well down the stretch and it gives us flexibility as far as making a possible addition via the draft or FA this offseason. If we miss out on a top prospect or a FA, we can roll with the youngins with Lawson as depth as others have mentioned. 

This.

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Meh. Depth I guess. Wonder if this means Worley isnt retained and its sink or swim for Johnson and Nixon. We'll see. I would have preferred a different route but I'll wait and see.

I'll rather not overpay for a nickelback, and use money on the front 7 to fix the defense or a TRUE STUD CB

Lawson was not bad at all. I still want to resign Worley on a 1 year deal and see what he can do regarding his ability to cover tight ends. I don't want to let him walk for nothing.

8 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

im always on the lookout for someone that can cover a TE......aren't we all? LMAO!

The way you worded that came out a little funny.  I know what you are trying to say but I do not think it came out the way you meant it or maybe it did.o.O

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

The way you worded that came out a little funny.  I know what you are trying to say but I do not think it came out the way you meant it or maybe it did.o.O

right, just noticed this,lol. cover a TE on the football field.....better?

The deal, according to overthecap, is way better than first reported.

“1 year, $1,893,750

$950,000 fully guaranteed, including a $200,000 signing bonus.

base salary: $1,062,500

Prorated (aka Signing) Bonus: $200,000

Per Game Roster Bonuses: $500,000

2020 Cap Number (1 game suspension calculated): $1,737,500

https://overthecap.com/player/nevin-lawson/3072/