NFL - Week 3

WizardHawk

On 9/17/2017 at 6:39 PM, HDsportsfan said:

LOL Carr had another INT for Baltimore today. It figures.

That whole culture is defense, defense, defense. Do I think he would have done the same for us? Probably not. 

It does beg the question how do we create an atmosphere like that to make plays like that with players. We have seen renewed careers from our trash on other teams. Newman probably being our most notable one besides Ware. 

It is, without question, the most frustrating aspect of this team. Our lousy secondary.  Our defense as a whole is NEVER dominant for an entire season. We have glimpses but too many times we look out of place, miss tackles, drop possible INTs or dont react quickly enough to recover fumbles.

I just do not understand how teams like Philly, Balt, Pitts and now Den, always seem to have a solid pass rush and are defined more by their defense than anything else and we continually put the same product on the field year in and year out.

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

That whole culture is defense, defense, defense. Do I think he would have done the same for us? Probably not. 

It does beg the question how do we create an atmosphere like that to make plays like that with players. We have seen renewed careers from our trash on other teams. Newman probably being our most notable one besides Ware. 

Its system, man. And coaching.

Baltimore wants aggressive ballhawking in their zone coverage. Risk it all and make the catch, or blow your coverage and give up a big play. They also generate consistent pressure which forces more mistakes to capitalize on.

Dallas plays a more shell based zone. Bracket and cover. Disrupt the completion, prevent big plays at all cost. They also get little pressure consistently.

Big differences allow for big style shifts in the way someone plays.

5 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Its system, man. And coaching.

Baltimore wants aggressive ballhawking in their zone coverage. Risk it all and make the catch, or blow your coverage and give up a big play. They also generate consistent pressure which forces more mistakes to capitalize on.

Dallas plays a more shell based zone. Bracket and cover. Disrupt the completion, prevent big plays at all cost. They also get little pressure consistently.

Big differences allow for big style shifts in the way someone plays.

Which is basically why Jones never has any big plays. It's not that he can't, he isn't really asked to.

Gurley is one of the 4 best RB in this league. May not be popular around here, but he's as good as Zeke. TGIII is THAT GOOD.

Rams are going to have a Seahawks-like surge in a year or two I think. For one, that offense looks to be deadly. Gurley, Watkins, Cooper Kupp (gonna be a stud), and then Austin can now be featured as a gadget guy instead of their go to guy (which he is not at all). Then Goff has looked like a star so far. If he reaches his potential then that offense is going to be insane. Their defense is salty as hell too and they very well could have the best defensive player in the NFL. Aaron Donald is ridiculous.

Everyone slept on Gurley because he had a tough sophmore season behind a terrible OL with no QB play to aid him.

He now has some decent blockers, a system that is getting the ball to receivers consistently and playcalling that favors his running style. 

I never thought he was one hit wonder type. Ive emphasized that so many times. Many others took a dump on me.for saying otherwise :P But be realistic here...This is, yet again, more proof that it takes 10 other players for the 1 guy on your fantasy team to have angood game. If he has a bad year or a.bad game, it doesnt mean he is a bad player and sucks forever. 

Archived