Cooper Contract: "Not all about the money"

DaBoys

When asked by a reporter Thursday about what influences decisions in relation to less-desirable cities like the reporter's chosen example of Buffalo, Cooper responded with "location, location, location." When the reporter countered with "money, money, money," Cooper made it clear compensation is significant but not all-important.

"I don't think it's all about money," Cooper said. "... If you're a highly touted free agent, you're going to get paid a lot of money no matter where you go. Is it worth it to go somewhere that you probably don't want to go as far as, you might be a guy like me who's from South Florida who's never played a game in the snow?

"Is it worth a million dollars more a year or two million dollars more a year, especially if you're taking care of your money investment-wise, is it worth that two being in an environment that you don't want to be in? Or would you like to stay somewhere in the south? It's not all about money

33 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Makes sense, seeing that he kinda sucks in cold weather games.

That could hurt our chances too, seeing how many cold weather games we play.

Some team like Indy who plays indoors and against all South teams could over pay him and give him good weather.

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I loved playing in winter and the snow. The only s**t is when your standing on the sidelines. 

If it’s soft snow it’s ok but when the turf turns Steel hard man it hurts falling on it more than Astro turf. Most of my HS football seasons were played in that kinda condition past September. Was always jealous of people playing football in the southern states and their warm weather 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas