Out of character 7 Round quickie

Out of character for me because I hate WR's in the 1st round.  In this case one drops and I take him.  Got to get out of your safe zone once in a while.  I know I have a reach or two and I know I have a steal or two.  So goes it, the draft always brings surprises.  No pics or color from me, being a Sasquatch I have limited cabin break in time.  Free agency wise we do indeed bring back Bulaga (75% chance in reality), Martinez (35% chance in reality), and Crosby (90% chance in reality).  We cut Graham and move Taylor one way or another.  M Lewis is back by the way.  Tonyan doesn't the 53.  Outside free agency sees us bring in a mid level WR (Perriman perhaps) and a front line Defensive Lineman.  Pick a name.  Along with some depth types of course.

1. WR Laviska Shenault Colorado

2. DL Justin Madubike Texas A&M

3. TE Hunter Bryant Washington

4. OT Colt McKivitz West Virginia

5. ILB Joe Bachie  Michigan State

6. RB  Cam Akers  FSU

6. CB AJ Green  Oklahoma State

7.  C  Ken Cooper  Georgia Tech

7.   S  Jalen Elliott  Notre Dame

• Like 1

The positional needs have been addressed and the first two picks are exactly those that I generally make when I do a Draftnetwork or Fanspeak mock.

Although you did get an ILB, I'd have gone for that position earlier, over a TE (ie in round three or four). An ILB with true sideline range could make a big difference in run defense and defending passes to the midfield.

I am tempted to leave out drafting OT this year (which means Bulaga and Veldheer are back), but there is a perfectly reasonable counter-argument to get a more developmental OT this year, over a higher pick for a more NFL ready one, next year.

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I like Bryant, didn't realize until now he's kind of a midget.

Bryant isn't the normal 6'5" TE no doubt, not sure if he tops out at 6'2".  That's part of the reason I think he may be there.  I like his upside, I like him more than most will.

I would have liked to take an ILB sooner but just so many picks.  With me having Martinez back I passed.  Possible Martinez is back, we draft one later, AND we add a starting quality thumper at the position in FA?   I think Martinez could blossom in that scenario...

6 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I like Bryant, didn't realize until now he's kind of a midget.

yeah he's a nice little move piece. honestly tho josiah deguara is pretty comparable in skill set, maybe a tad slower and i think unless his hype shoots up at the combine can be had mid way thru day 3