2020 3 RD Mock w/ trades and explanations where needed

wcf1989

Good 1st round pick for the Jets. I dont mind that trade up being we have 2 3rd rounders. Which by the way you left out our 2nd 3rd rounder. We have NYG 3rd and our own 3rd. Also there's A LOT of other WRs I'd want there at 48 than Reagor. To name a few with the board you have...Johnson, Hamler, Aiyuk, Mims, Piitman to name a few. Also Jets dont need a TE at all. We have Herndon who in his rookie year when he was a starter for the last half of the season was one of the best TEs in the league (he missed all of 2019) and Griffin started for us and played great. So much we extended him. So we have 2 good TEs already.

As a Lions fan, I would rather see things go like this based on your board:

3 - Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn - We need a guy that can penetrate and be good against the run. He can play all across the line. Especially if we keep rushing 3

35 - Josh Jones, OT, Houston - We need to find Rick Wagner's replacement. 

37 - Curtis Weaver, Edge, Boise State - We will eventually need to find a replacement for Devon Kennard. Weaver can be that Jack LB

67 - Leki Fotu, NT, Utah - I don't expect for Snacks to come back (retirement) and A'Shawn likely won't be re-signed. I like Fotu as a 1T/NT depending on the front. 

I don't see them trading up to get a CB, especially one that doesn't fit their profile. They might consider it if Trevon Diggs is sitting there. Diggs, Gallimore (if they go another route than Brown at 3), Terrell Lewis are all better targets in a trade up IMO. If they add a RB it's going to be at an original spot as opposed to trading up for one. I'm not convinced that Kerryon is the guy for the future but I don't think the Lions feel they're in as desperate of a need to have to trade up for one.

Good read, on the Miam draft I think we would still take Herbert most probably Love. If we don’t pick up a whole in first we won’t just pick a guy in the 2nd imo. I personally do not believe we would take a Tackle in too 5. I would be Simmons or a trade down if we didn’t go the QB route as mentioned above. I would hate to see Herbert land in the laps of the PATs even if he isn’t my favourite prospect.

6 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Linebacker is gonna be a big need for the Bengals this offseason. I like your draft but feel they will probably take a linebacker in the top 3 rounds

Even if they grab a LB or two in free agency, I can't see the team going just offense through 3 rounds.  Love the Hill pick, but might go with a different OT.

Like the 1st and 2nd pick for the falcons in Epenesa and solomon   getting 2 good trench guys for solid value is always a win.   The 2nd pick of round 2 though i would have easily changed that pick to Dobbins at RB who i have as the best rb in this draft and a late 1st round player.  This late in round 2 is a great value pick for us at a needed position to replace Freeman.

Thaddeus Moss you can keep i have no interest in a TE this early over a more needed position in DT where their is a VERY GOOD ONE setting there available to us or heck even another good DE.   In the 3rd round you take either  Justin Madubuike IDL  who probably goes before this pick but we luck out.   or you take Keeny Willekes to pair with aj and takk to give us a elgit chance at finding a pass rush.    Thaddeus Moss should be an after thought compared to those 2 as our offense even without hooper or moss  has enough fire power and alot of us like the upside of Jaedan Graham who actually has imo more upside than hooper and moss as a pass catcher from what i've seen. 

So

1st - AJ Epenesa - DE
2a - Solomon Kindley - OG
2b - J.K. Dobbins - RB
3rd - Justin Madabuike - DT

Thats actually 3 to 4 guys who have a chance to go late 1st round or at latest 2nd  thats probably a legit 4 starters for our team in the 1st 4 picks. 

23. New England Patriots – Justin Herbert QB Oregon

Nope, why would they not go with Jarrett Stidham moving forward.

They are both the same, have skills but you have no idea what they will become in the future. They are basicaaly identical in skills. You can nit pick but they are the same.

On 1/23/2020 at 7:42 PM, wcf1989 said:

3. Cincinnati Bengals – Austin Jackson OT USC

If Jackson can't play RT, Jonah Williams can definitely play it, and now you have both ends covered to protect Burrow.

34. Indianapolis Colts (from WAS) – Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin

Biadasz or Jackson.  OL makes makes QBs look good.