Bolts223

Where would you rank the 49ers/Chiefs among the 2010's SB champions if they win.

I think both would be in the better half of SB winners.

I think I would put the 49ers 4th after the 2013 Seahawks and 2014/2016 Patriots.

I think I would put the Chiefs 5th after those 3 teams + the 2017 Eagles.

What about you guys?

Shoulda made this after the SB. Depends in what fashion the winner wins. I also think the Niners are a much better team and would go down in history as at least a Top 30 SB team at minimum. Not sure I see that with Kansas City if they win. 

Among the better ones. These are 2 very good teams and the game should be a very good Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Shoulda made this after the SB. Depends in what fashion the winner wins. I also think the Niners are a much better team and would go down in history as at least a Top 30 SB team at minimum. Not sure I see that with Kansas City if they win. 

I mean 30 isn’t even the better half of SB winners but yeah I think both these are very good teams.

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

I mean 30 isn’t even the better half of SB winners but yeah I think both these are very good teams.

Was using that as a minimum, would have to go back and look through them all. But the Top 25 Super Bowl winners are all ridiculously elite. 

right now I would take them over the 2012 Ravens, 2018 pats, 2011 Giants.

Obviously need to wait until SB itself, but I'm guessing pretty high. Both have won their 2 playoff games rather easily (49ers dominated both start to finish, Chiefs ended up dominating both by 4th), so if one of them also dominates in the SB? That would significantly raise their profile and put them in unique company.

Here is where their DVOA's ranks (so ignoring postseason).

1. 2013 Seahawks- 40%
  2. 2019 Chiefs- 30.2%
  3. 2019 49ers- 27.9%
  4. 2016 Patriots- 24.9%
  5. 2017 Eagles- 23.4%
  6. 2010 Packers- 23%
  7. 2014 Patriots- 22.1%
  8. 2015 Broncos- 17.7%
  9. 2018 Patriots- 14.2%
  10. 2012 Ravens- 9.8%
  11. 2011 Giants- 8.5%

Chiefs defense has been really suspect so far, I'd definitely have them over the '11 Giants, '12 Ravens, '18 Patriots, probably the '15 Broncos then it gets a little more murky. I'm not sure exactly where I'd put either but I'd probably have the niners higher than the Chiefs. Though Jimmy G actually needs to throw the ball.