QB Rankings

Jerry1738

8 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Can someone tell me why they think Jordan Love will be a good QB? I don't see it....... The only thing the guy does right now that's even remotely impressive, for a guy his age, is he doesn't stare down his receiver (at times).

He has a cannon for a arm, and has good accuracy for the most part. A lot of his inconsistency comes from the fact that his pass catching options were all below average this year. The eyes thing is really important as well and it is impressive since if you watch like Herbert’s and Hurts’ film they stare down guys often.

Edited by Jerry1738

6 minutes ago, Jerry1738 said:

He has a cannon for a arm, and has good accuracy for the most part. A lot of his inconsistency comes from the fact that his pass catching options were all below average this year. The eyes thing is really important as well and it is impressive since if you watch like Herbert’s and Hurts’ film they stare down guys often.

Talent assuredly helps but it doesn’t explain his turnovers 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Talent assuredly helps but it doesn’t explain his turnovers 

Exactly. I'd be lying if I said I studied Utah State games but there were times where I had a vested interest in their games and he looked awful. Terrible. I understand that his arm gives him "potential" but it gives a ton of guys potential and half turn out to be doo-doo. Joey Harrington and Jamarcus Russell made a killing off of it though. Good for him if he tricks a team into drafting him early and he does it as well. Just hope it's not the Raiders who fall for it................ again. Luckily we have a better GM/draft guru in place :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Can someone tell me why they think Jordan Love will be a good QB? I don't see it....... The only thing the guy does right now that's even remotely impressive, for a guy his age, is he doesn't stare down his receiver (at times).

Not sure what you are watching. 

- Laser Arm

- Laser Pinpoint Accuracy

- Grade A Pocket Presence

- Good Mobility

- Great Intangibles

- Can launch a 100% accurate laser with his body contorted like Mahomes

Cons: Locks onto one Read too much, Needs to improve footwork, Needs to understand coverages better. 

Look at his sophomore tape. His junior year he literally lost half his entire team and his entire coaching staff. 

Love is a MUCH better version of Justin Herbert, been saying that since early December. He is also my QB3, just like the OP. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Not sure what you are watching. 

- Laser Arm

- Laser Pinpoint Accuracy

- Grade A Pocket Presence

- Good Mobility

- Great Intangibles

- Can launch a 100% accurate laser with his body contorted like Mahomes

Cons: Locks onto one Read too much, Needs to improve footwork, Needs to understand coverages better. 

Look at his sophomore tape. His junior year he literally lost half his entire team and his entire coaching staff. 

Love is a MUCH better version of Justin Herbert, been saying that since early December. He is also my QB3, just like the OP. 

So I can't look at his most recent season b/c he didn't have an ideal situation around him? That doesn't make any sense. It's college. People lose their teams and coaches all the time. It also doesn't stop after he leave college. It happens in the pros too. If he cant' handle that adversity in a terrible conference why in the world would I be lead to believe he will do the same in the NFL which is a hundred times more difficult than the conference he played in?

Sorry I can't get excited for a guy w/ a (almost) 1:1 TD/INT ratio in a terrible conference. I don't see much accuracy downfield either. I see a lot of underthrown balls especially in his "highlight" reels.To me, he's the next overrated QB b/c he has a good arm and some physical traits which aren't as important as a QB. He can't comprehend simple defensive schemes in a weak conference and that is enough for me to say "No thanks" until late day 2 or day 3. I value the mental part of the position more than most though. 

12 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

So I can't look at his most recent season b/c he didn't have an ideal situation around him? That doesn't make any sense. It's college. People lose their teams and coaches all the time. It also doesn't stop after he leave college. It happens in the pros too. If he cant' handle that adversity in a terrible conference why in the world would I be lead to believe he will do the same in the NFL which is a hundred times more difficult than the conference he played in?

Sorry I can't get excited for a guy w/ a (almost) 1:1 TD/INT ratio in a terrible conference. I don't see much accuracy downfield either. I see a lot of underthrown balls especially in his "highlight" reels.To me, he's the next overrated QB b/c he has a good arm and some physical traits which aren't as important as a QB. He can't comprehend simple defensive schemes in a weak conference and that is enough for me to say "No thanks" until late day 2 or day 3. I value the mental part of the position more than most though.

So do I. I usually hate project QBs. Hated Blake Bortles, hated Josh Allen, hate Justin Herbert, hatedddd Paxton Lynch, however Love is different than those guys. He drops beautiful dimes. His accuracy is far above those guys. Allen had major accuracy problems in college which has continued in the NFL. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So do I. I usually hate project QBs. Hated Blake Bortles, hated Josh Allen, hate Justin Herbert, hatedddd Paxton Lynch, however Love is different than those guys. He drops beautiful dimes. His accuracy is far above those guys. Allen had major accuracy problems in college which has continued in the NFL. 

I mean, it's subjective. I watched the "highlight" videos he's got from all years and I see a lot of underthrown deep passes. You don't agree. IMO, he's a terrible first round prospect and I hope we don't have a damn thing to do w/ him especially w/ all the needs we have.

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

I mean, it's subjective. I watched the "highlight" videos he's got from all years and I see a lot of underthrown deep passes. You don't agree. IMO, he's a terrible first round prospect and I hope we don't have a damn thing to do w/ him especially w/ all the needs we have.

I had a similar concern but those deep passes are actually put in a place so his WR can catch it. He’s extremely good at ball placement. If it’s a ball that needs to be caught in stride, he has delivered many of those, in perfect stride. 

Love has his issues. Footwork, reads, mental game. Accuracy absolutely is not one of those issues. Which is promising because accuracy is usually not corrected at the next level. 

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I had a similar concern but those deep passes are actually put in a place so his WR can catch it. He’s extremely good at ball placement. If it’s a ball that needs to be caught in stride, he has delivered many of those, in perfect stride. 

Love has his issues. Footwork, reads, mental game. Accuracy absolutely is not one of those issues. Which is promising because accuracy is usually not corrected at the next level. 

You are really ga-ga over his ball placement and accuracy but he threw almost as many INTs are TDs this season. Take a look here:

He was so inaccurate w/ a lot of these passes. You can get by w/ this in the MWC but when he played LSU, a real NFL caliber team compared to his normal conference, his weaknesses got exposed. Not only that, if you watch these, it's almost like the other kids were like "OK, this Love guy only throws these 4 types of passes. Sit back and break on them." This is awful tape and his coaches and WRs have very little to do w/ these mistakes.

I don't see it... at all and this is not b/c of this alone. His "highlight" reel leaves a lot to be desired also. I only caught 2-3 USU games this season but this dude never stood out especially first round. 

I just have a VERY hard time thinking a guy who struggled w/ MWC defenses will do well against NFL defenses. Someone explain that to me.......

Edited by JTagg7754

He had one of the worst coaching staffs and weapon cores in all sports of Division I College Football. Really need to stop box score scouting his INTs. His sophomore is a testament of what his true ability is when his team/coaches isn’t insanely awful. He’s playing for Utah frickin State. I’d he thrilled if the Raiders took him at 12. 

INTs is not a accuracy issue. It’s a understanding of defense issue. Year on the bench in the NFL. 

Edited by BayRaider

Jordan Love is not a good QB.  I'd take him with the Titans' fourth rounder, maybe, and stick him behind Tannehill for a season or two to see if his horrible, horrible problems can be fixed.

For yall trying to blame his problems on his supporting cast, he's still slinging INTs and making wild misses at the Senior Bowl practices, so there's that.  He's got physical talent for days, but he does stare down receivers and has terrible vision.  To pretend he doesn't have severe limitation that need fixing before he's even close to a viable starter is to scout badly.