QB Rankings

Jerry1738

1 minute ago, BrownLeader said:

Agreed, Glennon was fairly polished. I think Eason's issues are his consistency in all aspects, not specifically decision making. He has the best arm in this class but he misfires a lot. I like his clutch ability tho. It's why I think his upside is pretty good. I liken him more to a Kaepernick or Brock Osweiler.

I think it's more mechanical issues, specifically his footwork.  He's throwing off his backfoot a TON, and his feet have a tendency to stop moving.  He should always be up on his toes.

People pumping up Eason, did you guys ACTUALLY watch him this year? Like, I know I was the only person watching UW games on the board so I'm kinda wondering where this Eason love is coming from. Dude throws a beautiful deep ball and is deadly down the seams. But other than that.... oh boy. Jake Browning and his busted throwing shoulder had arguably a similar year as Eason with the same unit.

Eason really struggles handling pressure. Has awful habits (turning back to the field, bailing on pockets). Struggles to work down to his peripherals. Had huge stretches of atrocious football. Eason was pretty awful in the short passing game, thus UW had to spam bubble screens to make up for it (compounded stretches of awful football).I dont know how fixable any of these things are. If you are talking yourself into Eason, go watch the 2nd half of the Utah game. He is a huge project, and should viewed as one in the draft. 

5 hours ago, animaltested said:

People pumping up Eason, did you guys ACTUALLY watch him this year? Like, I know I was the only person watching UW games on the board so I'm kinda wondering where this Eason love is coming from. Dude throws a beautiful deep ball and is deadly down the seams. But other than that.... oh boy. Jake Browning and his busted throwing shoulder had arguably a similar year as Eason with the same unit.

Eason really struggles handling pressure. Has awful habits (turning back to the field, bailing on pockets). Struggles to work down to his peripherals. Had huge stretches of atrocious football. Eason was pretty awful in the short passing game, thus UW had to spam bubble screens to make up for it (compounded stretches of awful football).I dont know how fixable any of these things are. If you are talking yourself into Eason, go watch the 2nd half of the Utah game. He is a huge project, and should viewed as one in the draft. 

I've watched plenty of Eason which is why I'm so high on him. He has a game-changing arm and is naturally accurate to all parts of the field. The Utah game was his worst game, but I did not find his deficiencies in that game as indicative of his weakness, overall. This is similar to how Goff played badly against Utah or Mahomes played badly against West Virginia. Ultimately, I see the Utah game as an anomaly and not the norm. To me, he's what Herbet is hyped as being.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1

Eason, Deadly arm, can be deadly accurate at times, decent with progressions, but his pocket presence is terrible, and he’s absolutely abysmal under pressure. He gets happy feet just like Carr. He will have to go to a team with a Top 5 Oline. His pocket presence and ability under pressure is probably the worst out of the Top 6 QBs. 

He also he limited mobility and needs to work heavily on mechanics. 

I would legit be shocked if Eason went in the 1st Round. 

Edited by BayRaider

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Eason, Deadly arm, can be deadly accurate at times, decent with progressions, but his pocket presence is terrible, and he’s absolutely abysmal under pressure. He gets happy feet just like Carr. He will have to go to a team with a Top 5 Oline. His pocket presence and ability under pressure is probably the worst out of the Top 6 QBs. 

He also he limited mobility and needs to work heavily on mechanics. 

I would legit be shocked if Eason went in the 1st Round. 

I don't think it would be that surprising. Also I think he's a little bit more mobile than you give him credit for. He has all the tools, it's mostly if he can get the right coaching and have the correct mindset to get the most out of said coaching. 

1. Burrow
2. Tua (not worried about his injury at all tbh)

3. Herbert (He could be in the first tier, but every tape I've watched he seems like nothing but a 1 read QB)
4. Eason (Super High potential, has things to work on)
5. Love (Super High potential, is a project QB)

6. Everyone else

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Burrow doesn't have Luck's physical traits.
Herbert doesn't read the field like Carson, but if he can learn to, then sure I can see it.
Love - Kaepernick is a comp I myself made.
Eason - Winston, yeah gonna be honest I don't see this one. I'd say a more accurate, less mobile Josh Allen.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I really think both Love’s athleticism and arm strength are routinely overstated. Kaep had him easily on both. Winston is my comp for Love.

Wentz is my Eason comp—which agrees with my opinion that Eason is what some media evaluators think Herbert is.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Burrow doesn't have Luck's physical traits.
Herbert doesn't read the field like Carson, but if he can learn to, then sure I can see it.
Love - Kaepernick is a comp I myself made.
Eason - Winston, yeah gonna be honest I don't see this one. I'd say a more accurate, less mobile Josh Allen.

No idea how they got Burrow compared to luck. I agree with the Romo comparison although he does not have Romo's release.

Hebert- I will take some flack for this one but where he is at right now I would compare him with Vince Young both physically and mentally.

Love reminds me more of Donovan McNabb then Kaep.

Eason reminds me of Ryan Mallet right now with a ceiling of Drew Bledsoe.

Wish there was more info and film on Tom Flacco (yes, he's related to Joe Flacco). Only saw one game with him, but he was pretty good considering he was playing against a superior team. Honestly, I was more impressed with Flacco than I was with Herbert - something seems off with him...

Edited by Jrvegeeta