QB Rankings

Jerry1738

5 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

The Canes took a lot of heat this season for being the first college team in 40 years to lose 3 times in the same season when favored by -14 or more. Meanwhile, Eason nearly matched that feat with Washington. I don't know how that is ignored in terms of his projection.

Maybe because teams win and lose games, not just one guy? 

Or because it's only 3 games, not an entire season, never mind a collegiate career?

Need I go on?

16 hours ago, animaltested said:

As a UW Fan, I'm going to defend Eason a bit (Well just once, and ultimately AGREE WITH YOU), as context matters. The Cal game was played after a 4 hour delay. Those guys were playing in windy, cold, wet conditions at 1am. The other games, no excuse. Easons struggles came when protection was shaky. Stanford absolutely dominated the trenches. Eason spent most of the last three quarters throwing the ball away, or hitting bubble screens on 3rd and 12. Colorado was just an absolute turd. Probably helped send Peterson into retirement. But the question is, why didn't Eason elevate UW?

The Cal game was one of the films I watched on him. The WRs dropped so many passes that game TBH. Aaron Fuller looked like straight garbage in that one.

Also... Oregon was the other game I watched of Eason's, so if he played relatively as well as you say he did. I probably haven't seen him make too many mistakes compared to some of you guys.

Edited by Danger

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 7:06 PM, Jlash said:

giphy.gif

Go watch the game film, dude. Flacco is playing for a VERY small school, yet he actually played well against Wake Forrest in 2018. His numbers are not bad considering. Herbert checks down too much for my tastes. Granted, Flacco shouldn't go any higher than 5th round because he did play for a lower level team, but then again, so did his brother - and he turned out alright.

On 2/6/2020 at 10:02 PM, bomont said:

Maybe because teams win and lose games, not just one guy? 

Or because it's only 3 games, not an entire season, never mind a collegiate career?

Need I go on?

Be my guest. Very familiar. Everyone loves thousands of variables instead of a few. That was the first thing I noticed when I moved to Las Vegas to bet sports. All the guys were doing exactly the same thing...watching every game and incorporating every conceivable variable into their never-ending subjective evaluation. And everyone was losing and complaining. 

Simple solution: That is the one approach I will never take. 

Logical angles win. Big picture wins. Few variables. Few decisions.

It applies to games as well as players.

For example, the most asinine scouting technique of all time is to watch every play of every game. You've actually got guys who brag about that, including scouts. "I've gone back and watched every snap of his career."

It is impossible not to laugh at that type of approach. I would fire that guy immediately. If it takes you that long you have no idea what you are doing. You are desperately trying to find something or rationalize something that likely isn't there.