Jump to content
Jerry1738

QB Rankings

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I genuinely rank Montez over Herbert. At least Colorado is terrible, so Montez being a project is excusable. Herbert had an O-line with NFL talent across the board and a QB friendly system and still managed to underwhelm against lesser talent. 

I'm not particularly high on Love either, but I rank him well over both Montez and Herbert, just a tick below Eason. 

NFL talent accross the board? Lol have you seen our skill position players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I genuinely rank Montez over Herbert. At least Colorado is terrible, so Montez being a project is excusable. Herbert had an O-line with NFL talent across the board and a QB friendly system and still managed to underwhelm against lesser talent. 

I'm not particularly high on Love either, but I rank him well over both Montez and Herbert, just a tick below Eason. 

Eason vs Love is really tough for me but I think Love has more potential 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jerry1738 said:

Eason vs Love is really tough for me but I think Love has more potential 

Eason had both Washington and Georgia to shine. Look awful on Georgia and maybe a B- on Washington. Love would of tore it up at both of those schools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Eason had both Washington and Georgia to shine. Look awful on Georgia and maybe a B- on Washington. Love would of tore it up at both of those schools. 

How can you say that though? He struggled against MWC defenses and the one time he played an SEC defense, he was absolutely terrible. I get you think he's a great prospect but this statement can't be based off anything except your desire for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

How can you say that though? He struggled against MWC defenses and the one time he played an SEC defense, he was absolutely terrible. I get you think he's a great prospect but this statement can't be based off anything except your desire for him

Look at his 2018 tape. Did he struggle with those defenses then? Nope. He lost his entire coaching staff for 2019. Those new coaches had no idea what they were calling. A QB is only as good as his coach. Patrick Mahomes with a scrub NFL Offensive Coach would look miserable. Any QB would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

NFL talent accross the board? Lol have you seen our skill position players?

I was referring specifically to the O-line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jerry1738 said:

Eason vs Love is really tough for me but I think Love has more potential 

I have it reverse. To me, Eason is a true swing for the fences type pick because I believe he has the best arm talent in the draft. Love seems more like a safe prospect: jack of all trades master of none.

Because of his upside, Eason is safely the #3 QB and I wouldn’t mind my team taking him in the top 15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Eason had both Washington and Georgia to shine. Look awful on Georgia and maybe a B- on Washington. Love would of tore it up at both of those schools. 

Man... some of the things you say to make a point are just amateur. Eason played as a true Freshman at UGA. Was hurt game 1 his soph season and Fromm came in and never looked back. 

Saying he looked awful as a freshman to prove a point, is just lazy.

You'll pick apart a true freshman's performance in one post. Then completely ignore and give excuse filled tirades for Love's red shirt senior season? 

Part of being respected about watching player is looking at the good and the bad and making a judgement. Not bending narratives to the guy you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Look at his 2018 tape. Did he struggle with those defenses then? Nope. He lost his entire coaching staff for 2019. Those new coaches had no idea what they were calling. A QB is only as good as his coach. Patrick Mahomes with a scrub NFL Offensive Coach would look miserable. Any QB would. 

You can't dismiss a year bc you have a mancrush on someone lol. C'mon dude. If you really think coaching is all that matters, why hasn't Gruden done wonders with Carr and why would he do wonders with a kid who can't read MWC defenses?? Your logic is full of holes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I genuinely rank Montez over Herbert. At least Colorado is terrible, so Montez being a project is excusable. Herbert had an O-line with NFL talent across the board and a QB friendly system and still managed to underwhelm against lesser talent. 

I'm not particularly high on Love either, but I rank him well over both Montez and Herbert, just a tick below Eason. 

This is baffling. Practice is just that: practice. But by all accounts, Love and Herbert were head and shoulders above all the other QB prospects at the Senior Bowl and consistently demonstrated first round QB traits throughout the week. Neither is a sure-fire prospect, but Daniel Jones came in to the Senior Bowl last year with a lot of the same questions and showed off the same traits and solidified an early first round grade (on the way to becoming a top 10 selection obviously). It's disappointing that Herbert looked the same as a passer his senior year as he did his junior season; I'll give you that. But he also didn't do anything that should drop him below Steven Montez as a prospect. 

I don't have Herbert and Love in my top 15 overall prospects fwiw. We all know though that the reality is, if a team needs a quarterback, they will over reach at the position and I would not be at all surprised if 4 QB's come off the board within the first 15 picks. Add a 5th in Eason as a first round candidate if he does well at the combine with accuracy and propels himself up the board. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herbert sucks under pressure. He’s good at everything else pretty much. Being good under pressure is a pretty huge part of being a good NFL QB, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't argue against that logic, but I just don't see him being a worse prospect than Montez. Again, some coach out there will convince the upper brass that they can coach that aspect up when you do have the tools that Herbert has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, skhurst0398 said:

Can't argue against that logic, but I just don't see him being a worse prospect than Montez. Again, some coach out there will convince the upper brass that they can coach that aspect up when you do have the tools that Herbert has. 

I agree with you. Someone is going to fall in love with Herbert. I mean, I did every offseason and during some games...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I have it reverse. To me, Eason is a true swing for the fences type pick because I believe he has the best arm talent in the draft. Love seems more like a safe prospect: jack of all trades master of none.

Because of his upside, Eason is safely the #3 QB and I wouldn’t mind my team taking him in the top 15.

Yeah I see that, Eason has a ++ arm for sure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Man... some of the things you say to make a point are just amateur. Eason played as a true Freshman at UGA. Was hurt game 1 his soph season and Fromm came in and never looked back. 

Saying he looked awful as a freshman to prove a point, is just lazy.

You'll pick apart a true freshman's performance in one post. Then completely ignore and give excuse filled tirades for Love's red shirt senior season? 

Part of being respected about watching player is looking at the good and the bad and making a judgement. Not bending narratives to the guy you like.

Interesting, I remember defending Easons Freshmen season... against you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×