QB Rankings

Jerry1738

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Someone posed the question regarding why people see Burrow as a 1st rounder now if they didn't last year. 

The obvious answers aside (more tape, more experience, 2nd year in a system, etc) it was probably more of a fair question than initially given credit for. Don't get me wrong, Burrow absolutely worked his butt off and is 100% deserving of the #1 overall spot. But I do agree that the hype has gone a bit overboard.

Based on his great season, if I needed a QB and was picking #1, I'd go with him. It's too risky not to. But the fact remains that he's still very much a 1-year wonder. Now, watching him, I can't say I see bust written on him. I don't really even see a 50/50 split. But you're absolutely correct about people acting like him not panning out is somehow impossible.

Yeah I would say he’s a safe pick like 70/30 but people have hyped him up a lot for a guy who is a one year wonder like last year everyone said at best he’s a 6th round pick

People are sleeping on Fromm. The weak arm stuff is laughable. His arm is on par with Burrow. Personally I think it’s a tad bit better. Fromms Pocket Presence I also feel is the best in this class. IQ I’d put #2 behind Burrow. Fromms is ridiculously smart. And he’s a leader. He also has the best release in this class. Smooth AF. He also only had 2 INTs this year that were his fault. 

Obviously needs to work on accuracy a bit but last year when Georgia had Hardman and Ridley still, Fromms accuracy was just fine for the most part. 

Don’t be surprised if Fromm goes at the end of the 1st. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

People are sleeping on Fromm. The weak arm stuff is laughable. His arm is on par with Burrow. Personally I think it’s a tad bit better. Fromms Pocket Presence I also feel is the best in this class. IQ I’d put #2 behind Burrow. Fromms is ridiculously smart. And he’s a leader. He also has the best release in this class. Smooth AF. He also only had 2 INTs this year that were his fault. 

Obviously needs to work on accuracy a bit but last year when Georgia had Hardman and Ridley still, Fromms accuracy was just fine for the most part. 

Don’t be surprised if Fromm goes at the end of the 1st. 

People aren't sleeping on Fromm. He got massively overhyped, and people have finally caught on to what he is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

People aren't sleeping on Fromm. He got massively overhyped, and people have finally caught on to what he is.

Overhyped as in Top 2 Pick with Tua coming into the year? Yes. Underhyped now to the point he's a 3rd-4th Round Pick? Ridiculous. Could easily go in the Late 1st Round this year. To me, that's his true value.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Overhyped as in Top 2 Pick with Tua coming into the year? Yes. Underhyped now to the point he's a 3rd-4th Round Pick? Ridiculous. Could easily go in the Late 1st Round this year. To me, that's his true value.

He's appropriately hyped as a 3rd or 4th round pick.

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's appropriately hyped as a 3rd or 4th round pick.

He’s much better than a 3rd Round Pick. I’d take him all day over Eason and Herbert. Herbert is one of the most overrated QB Prospects I’ve ever seen. Huge accuracy issues, poor pocket presence, best OL ever in college, and zero passion. 

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I can't help but think of Kellen Moore when I look at Fromm.  Very smart, very accurate, won a lot of games, almost a coach on the field...but the arm strength kept him from being able to effectively push the ball down the field.

Look at Burrow and Fromm side by side. Very similar arm strength and velocity. Both are on par with about a Andy Dalton. Burrow blows both away with anticipation and leading guys, but all three arm strengths are the same. 

Fromms arm being compared to noodle arms is so inaccurate it’s not even funny. 

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

I can't help but think of Kellen Moore when I look at Fromm.  Very smart, very accurate, won a lot of games, almost a coach on the field...but the arm strength kept him from being able to effectively push the ball down the field.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Look at Burrow and Fromm side by side. Very similar arm strength and velocity. Both are on par with about a Andy Dalton. Burrow blows both away with anticipation and leading guys, but all three arm strengths are the same. 

Fromms arm being compared to noodle arms is so inaccurate it’s not even funny. 

Truth is somewhere between here. He’s at least as far from Kellen Moore (as far as armstrength goes) as he is from Burrow. There’s definitely a noticeable difference there both ways.

He doesn’t have a big arm, but I don’t think it’s weak enough to be a liability.  Just a limitation.

If he had better arm strength, he’d be a real first rounder. As it is, I think he’s a second round talent, but he’s probably going in the first.

Edited by Daniel

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Truth is somewhere between here. He’s at least as far from Kellen Moore (as far as armstrength goes) as he is from Burrow. There’s definitely a noticeable difference there both ways.

He doesn’t have a big arm, but I don’t think it’s weak enough to be a liability.  Just a limitation.

If he had better arm strength, he’d be a real first rounder. As it is, I think he’s a second round talent, but he’s probably going in the first.

That's fair.  

9 hours ago, Danger said:

Outside of Clemson, and a few teams in the Big 10 some years, the SEC absolutely has better defenses.

The Big XII doesn't even know what a defense is. Pac-12 ain't much better.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2019-team-defense.html

Top 10

B1G - 4

Pac-12 - 2

SEC - 2

ACC - 1

See, not a huge difference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What's your take on Fromm, other than armstrength?  You think he's legit or fool's gold?  I know you've watched Georgia games.

I honestly think he becomes a Matt Cassel.  Good enough to stick around for a long time, be an awesome backup, and win you a fair share of games if he needs to come in.  But just can't get it done over a long-term basis.  

• Like 1