The Obscure Games/Nostalgic Games You Love Thread

TOUCAN

So, last night, I got myself an old Sega Genesis off of Craigslist, like an actual old one, real, working, tons of games and for a great price.

I took a trip down nostalgia lane with stuff like Sonic (with a Game Genie, yes it still works as well) and so many others.

But in the midst of this, I found some gems from my childhood I used to always play, and I love still, regardless of how stupid and obscure they are.

Namely Green Dog Surfer Dude, and Global Gladiators (which you got at McDonalds years ago)

Do you guys have any very random and obscure games you love?

Absolutely! Here are a few that come to mind:

NES:

Super Mario Bros. I proved to a group of students about 8 years ago that I could beat the game in under 15 minutes.

Tecmo Bowl: I will likely never be beaten in this game if I have the SF 49ers

Super NES:

Mario 3

Street Fighter

Donkey Kong Country

N64:

Mario Kart

Super Smash Bros.

Goldeneye

I don't really enjoy games this old, even though I'm 37 and played them when then actually came out.  I prefer when games got a little more complex around the original xbox stage, and find myself going back to play games at that timeframe (like KOTOR and Morrowind).  I have gone back and played Zelda and Link on original NES.  I enjoy the original Mario Kart on SNES (better than any future version IMO). I still play Resident Evil 4 a lot, which was originally a Gamecube exclusive, except I play the HD remake of it.  I loved Ocarina of Time when it came out, but its hard to play now.  Goldeneye is the same.  I tried going back and playing Chronotrigger on SNES a few years ago, and that was ok but I didn't make it to the end of the game before losing interest.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't really enjoy games this old, even though I'm 37 and played them when then actually came out.  I prefer when games got a little more complex around the original xbox stage, and find myself going back to play games at that timeframe (like KOTOR and Morrowind).  I have gone back and played Zelda and Link on original NES.  I enjoy the original Mario Kart on SNES (better than any future version IMO). I still play Resident Evil 4 a lot, which was originally a Gamecube exclusive, except I play the HD remake of it.  I loved Ocarina of Time when it came out, but its hard to play now.  Goldeneye is the same.  I tried going back and playing Chronotrigger on SNES a few years ago, and that was ok but I didn't make it to the end of the game before losing interest.  

I don't really care about graphics, but I agree. I have a really hard time now trying to play old games. Some of my favourite games ever like Ocarina and Wind Waker, to new a few, I can't get in to again. 

But one timeless classic, probably my favourite sports game of all time, I can always play. NHL Hitz 2003. 

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I don't really care about graphics, but I agree. I have a really hard time now trying to play old games. Some of my favourite games ever like Ocarina and Wind Waker, to new a few, I can't get in to again. 

But one timeless classic, probably my favourite sports game of all time, I can always play. NHL Hitz 2003. 

I always have fond memories of CoD: Ghosts and Advanced Warfare which I played a lot of with my good friend, ShiiNY.

42 minutes ago, Nazgul said:
5 hours ago, JBURGE said:

He sounds like a cool guy

No one said we couldn't still play games together my friend

What games have you been playing recently, bud?

Getting in to madden a wee bit. Not really much of anything right now. I will be going through the Witcher shortly. As far as multiplayer games.... there isn't really anything