Saints fight to shield emails in Catholic abuse crisis

August4th

5 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

PR help and damage control isn’t a “cover-up.” No reputable news outlet is is using that term. Helping in any way with this is morally bankrupt but people are way to reckless with the term “cover-up”

Yeah, the AP just cites it as the Saints fighting to shield emails. Definitely NOT A COVER UP 🙄

This organization really is something else. 

To try and keep things football related......

Anyone see the league forcing Gayle Benson's hand in selling the team? Or will this get glossed over as a non-NFL issue? 

*note Tom Benson is no longer living, so there is no "he" as owner. His wife owns the team

Edited by ronjon1990

7 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

PR help and damage control isn’t a “cover-up.” No reputable news outlet is is using that term. Helping in any way with this is morally bankrupt but people are way to reckless with the term “cover-up”

Why then are they scrambling to prevent these E-Mails from coming to see the light of day? They have something to hide that's for sure.  And how is this not a reputable news source? It's the Associated Press

This is on Sports Illustrated, Bleacher Report, ESPN, NBC Sports....

Edited by Danger

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Anyone see the league forcing Gayle Benson's hand in selling the team? Or will this get glossed over as a non-NFL issue? 

It's hard to say. I would hope it's the former. Also stripping them of draft picks.

13 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Every Catholic I know acts like it was 2 or 3 priests.    If this was an epidemic in public schools ,   the same people would pull their kids out.

If you ever have any inclination to get the facts on this, google John Jay report.  The truth is this is a societal problem, not a Catholic problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titanrick said:
15 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Every Catholic I know acts like it was 2 or 3 priests.    If this was an epidemic in public schools ,   the same people would pull their kids out.

If you ever have any inclination to get the facts on this, google John Jay report.  The truth is this is a societal problem, not a Catholic problem.

We all have our opinions on this, but please stop because I'd rather not have this thread closed, and this is how you get threads closed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, the AP just cites it as the Saints fighting to shield emails. Definitely NOT A COVER UP 🙄

This organization really is something else. 

To try and keep things football related......

*note Tom Benson is no longer living, so there is no "he" as owner. His wife owns the team

Fighting to shield their own emails about PR help. Not silencing victims. Or anything like that. Pay attention to what you’re reading. Or learn what a cover-up is.

4 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Fighting to shield their own emails about PR help. Not silencing victims. Or anything like that. Pay attention to what you’re reading. Or learn what a cover-up is.

It's entirely possible that these E-Mails are giving pointers on how to essentially do just that. We don't know, but the simple fact that the Saints are intervening in such avenues to whatever extent they are, is repulsive. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's entirely possible that these E-Mails are giving pointers on how to essentially do just that. We don't know, but the simple fact that the Saints are intervening in such avenues to whatever extent they are, is repulsive. 

I believe the contents of the emails are known, just not to the public.

We shall see if the NFL truly believes in maintaining the integrity of the shield. They have zero qualms handing down harsh and quick punishments to players for actions "detrimental to the league", but lets see if this is only lip service as one of their "own" is potentially hurting the "shield". I'm not holding my breath. My guess is the club closes ranks, and sweeps this under the rug (See Bob Kraft). 

Now before anyone brings up evidence and all that, this is the league that suspends and punishes players for the allegation of infractions. Here we have an allegation, and I'm guessing the NFL will NOT react the same.

Edited by animaltested