Kareem Hunt - Cited for Speeding

brooks1957

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

This boils down to a conversation about blaming the beaten dog for biting someone versus the owner who tortured the dog. If one dog owner torments millions of dogs so that they can never be adopted again or safely allowed to roam free...well, this is the analogy being made. Sure, some of those dogs will even need to be put down, sadly, but building the biggest dog prison in the world while allowing that person to keep adopting dogs with no one but lower-level kennel-keepers getting reprimanded...that is the narrative Mind was getting at. It's not really an opinion but truth on how things really are.

Pretty much all of us have lost folks to substances, whether figuratively or literally, from the ravages of addiction. There is so much LEGALLY wrong and so much bad information allowed to prevail. Blaming the epidemic of addicts--could be just about any of us, and the opioid crisis has been shown to greatly affect the elderly so found be our parents and grandparents even who started out as just taking pills for pain.

Statins have been shown to alter personality, sometimes permanently, and can lead to psychotic breaks. Most who get them prescribed have idea. And why commercials America allowed to be intentionally misleading with soft music and happy people hocking products of death?

It's too simplistic to blame all drug addicts for the acts of some in the same way as blaming all cops for 1% of their population. Also, not to sound condescending, but maybe part of the grieving process is accepting that these are broken people but still people, not rewarding their behavior but also understanding that our people are under attack; they're not inherently evil.

tl;dr yup... another novel, if you care to read

Honestly enjoying having a real conversation, even if it can be upsetting to struggle with us all misunderstanding one another.

I didn't mean to gloss over my initial statement that the drug companies are THE BIGGEST REASON BEHIND THE OPIOID CRISIS.  Maybe the all caps shows that now.  They are in the pockets of lawmakers at the highest level, and their contributions to certain politicians have kept them safe.  If it wasn't for them and the dirty doctors that are lead by greed, these people wouldn't now be resorting to heroin and other cheaper options.  I am not unsympathetic to their plight.  Where we seem to disagree is in the consequences to certain actions.  Any act of violence imo should automatically constitute some form of jail time...obviously on a case by case basis.  If you think that wrapping your arms around someone is gonna fix the situation....well...i believe you are smarter than that.  There certainly needs to be more emphasis on rehabilitation, but there is also a punishment component that needs to be addressed also.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Well when one side of the political spectrum pens up all the economically disadvantaged people, gives them free housing, gives them free stuff, refuses to let them have families under the threat of taking all their free stuff away and forces them to vote for them with the promise of more free stuff... you have a serious problem.

And there it is.

I was waiting for it show its true face.

The old "they're lazy, we built it; they're complainers who won't pick themselves up by their boot straps like us; hand outs; takers, and criminals and just tools of one party who gives them the free stuff the lazy good for nothings clearly want."

Lol. Classic stuff. A true classic engineered belief system that took decades and generations to solidify as a way of explaining the world in the minds of many to divide them from their fellow human being.

Has no conceptualization of the Working-Poor class which makes up the vast majority of poor and non-white populations. The people that work multiple low wage jobs to support family and a living. The handout, poor leach myth is an essential one to rally support for one wing of corporate-war bird. There is another wing of the same bird.

Over half the country and over 139 Million people don't vote because they see both parties as the same and that there is a negative relationship between what people want and what policies and actions their government takes.

There myth is that those non-voters do so because they are uneducated or bad citizens but most research actually shows that people in the US don't vote largely because of apathy and report that they "feel like their vote will not make a difference based on the candidate choices."

It's a Duopoly. One Party with two popular wings that act in public as if they disagree. But both parties are the same; both beholden to elite global corporate interests and the war profiteer machine. They vote in lock step against the desire of the majority of people. Their are only a handful of symbolic disagreements that get played up in the theater in order to rally different subsets of people into their disagreement seating sections before the illusion show begins.

The Duopoly bird still lives as long as the majority of people don't vote. They don't vote because of generations of class warfare and domination by elite corporate interests making them believe as if it is better to just not engage in the system anymore. The vote is not decided by leaches who want handouts from one party VERSUS by the good guys that pull themselves up by their own boot straps for the other good party as you suggest. Those are both myths. The vote is decided by voter apathy, lack of turnout, and corporate interests every single time.

Those corporate interests pick one wing of the bird to put most of their money on but also put their money on the other wing of the bird as well. Whichever one wins they're still riding in first class on their way to what they believe is victory... but it's short lived and the plane along with all of us on it is in a death spiral with the pilots asleep at the wheel.

If you're still trapped in the maze of "my party/tribe is better than that other party/tribe" then I'm afraid you're missing out on what's really going on.

Edited by Mind Character

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I didn't mean to gloss over my initial statement that the drug companies are THE BIGGEST REASON BEHIND THE OPIOID CRISIS.  Maybe the all caps shows that now.  They are in the pockets of lawmakers at the highest level, and their contributions to certain politicians have kept them safe.  If it wasn't for them and the dirty doctors that are lead by greed, these people wouldn't now be resorting to heroin and other cheaper options.  I am not unsympathetic to their plight.  Where we seem to disagree is in the consequences to certain actions.  Any act of violence imo should automatically constitute some form of jail time...obviously on a case by case basis.  If you think that wrapping your arms around someone is gonna fix the situation....well...i believe you are smarter than that.  There certainly needs to be more emphasis on rehabilitation, but there is also a punishment component that needs to be addressed also.  

Must have been unclear in Tayne's wall-o-text--actually agree 100% your above response. Just don't want to lose track of the humans by seeing them as some sort of innate monsters; however, they may end up behaving monstrously and need equivalent repercussions (i.e. "some dogs still need to be put down" simple metaphor).

• Like 1

Also, just wanna say as this thread comes to a close, Tayne is glad xer kept the thread open. While heated at times, this was a fascinating read, and the forum did not burn to the ground. @bruceb is probably right that we've flown close enough to the sun for now. 

Special thanks to @pnies20 for interacting with much of a plum, all things considered, in a very vulnerable discussion. Tayne is on iggy, but someone let him know.

We're here to talk football, of course, but Some may not see much merit in all this challenging of ideas, but fwiw, Tayne is impressed with y'all for actually talking about tough stuff 🤷‍♂️. Some genuine communication happened.

In the beginning, when Tayne created the internet in order for the Werbbgin birth to occur and this site to come to pass, it was hoped that one day we could dig into meatier stuff while respecting one another. B+ overall. 😂

*begins preliminary thread-lock process*

Edited by NudeTayne
It takes a bit to warm up the engine.

Generalizing all police officers as good or bad is ridiculous. It's a slap in the face to the good cops (I know several) and incredibly naive to assume they are all superheros.

They are human beings like the rest of us. There are some bad ones, some good ones. It's like any sample of the population.

People that hate all cops are ridiculous. Nothing makes me more mad than a cop throwing his weight around, but to act like it's the norm is hilariously stupid and uninformed.

If the cops were just being racist, they would have thrown the book at Kareem Hunt. They let him go and didn't even cite him for the illegal pot they found. I don't think the cops did anything wrong here that warrants this turning into a race discussion. That seems ridiculous to me.

• Like 5

Just caught up.... whew. 😮 

Im not gonna add my name to the list of folks Webby incinerates, but good discussion.  😂 Glad everyone could be adults and discuss things rationally. Wish we could discuss stuff like this more tbh.

Either way, Hunt was cited for speeding and nothing else.  He’s not getting suspended for that.

• Like 2

Honestly, y'all didn't do a terrible job on a sensitive topic. Good job not going insane out of control. That said, we're clearly super off topic. I'll lock this one and we can start another to riot if Hunt gets suspended.

• Like 3