Browns RB Kareem Hunt cited for speeding, Marijuana found in vehicle

Danger

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28554800/browns-rb-kareem-hunt-cited-speeding-marijuana-found-car

According to a Rocky River (Ohio) police report, officers pulled Hunt over for speeding and noticed the smell of marijuana in the car. Hunt was placed in the back of the police cruiser while officers conducted a search. They found small amounts of marijuana in a backpack in the backseat. Police seized the backpack as evidence.

Hunt was only cited for the speeding violation.

Could be worse, but dude... you gotta know better than this.

9 minutes ago, Pool said:

Do these actions sound like the actions of a drug dealer?

Yes.

Ive heard the front office and teammates are already sticking up for him. Browns won’t do anything. Will the NFL, probably. He’s going to be drug tested a bunch I’m sure.

Really he will serve a suspension. The NFL isnt unlike any other employer. The use of narcotics is against their rules. It doesnt matter if it's legal, I doubt they change their rules. Most companies, the average Joe works at, have such policies. Because these guys are star football players it should be different? 

He will and should serve a suspension imo. After which time he will be back. But its not a good look a guy that's already had serious issues in the NFL.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Really he will serve a suspension. The NFL isnt unlike any other employer. The use of narcotics is against their rules. It doesnt matter if it's legal, I doubt they change their rules. Most companies, the average Joe works at, have such policies. Because these guys are star football players it should be different? 

He will and should serve a suspension imo. After which time he will be back. But its not a good look a guy that's already had serious issues in the NFL.

Exactly.  This moral outcry for Those to stupid to follow the rules is annoying to me. You'd think a player with a magnifying scope already on him would know better but you can't fix Stupid. Or least it's really difficult for those who don't want to.

He'll be given a 4 gm suspension (past offenses taken into consideration),  it will be reduced to 2 and it will be swept under the rug. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 4

What exactly should he be suspended for? The fact that marijuana was found in his vehicle? He wasn’t charged. It takes four positive tests just to merit a suspension in the NFL. I’m not trying to justify him at all, he seems like a questionable dude as a whole. I’m just not really sure that this incident is going to register.

• Like 4