Defense wins championship mock draft - ONWISCONSIN STYLE

OnWisconsin-JRS

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Billings couldn't see the field for the worst team in the league. He's camp fodder. Lowry and Lancaster are better. Adams and Keke would have a good shot of beating him out. Not sure why you sought him out in a mock.

Jernigan is a hair better than Lowry. League average DL Is say.

Onyemata started for the first time in his contract year. He played pretty well, still not sure he's that far above average.

Is it better? A bit. Is it anything to brag about? No. Probably a league average DL.

Billings saw the field on 61.5 percent of Bengals Defense plays last year and played pretty damn well as a run stuffer. Never going to put sack numbers but the San Francisco game pretty much showed us we need someone in the middle that won’t get pushed around. 

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We have a top 7ish Center on a top 15 contract.

We are cutting this player because we feel we are spending too many resources at the Center position. We then follow this up by drafting a Center in the second round. 

We then take this money that we saved and use it to change our defensive line from "Kenny Clark and a bunch of dudes who were drafted as Packers" to "Kenny Clark and a bunch of dudes who were drafted by other teams?" 

Jernigan isn't a needle mover.

Billings isn't a needle mover, is too short to be a fit, doesn't offer any pass rush, and has degenerative knees.

Onyemata is fine, but he's not fixing this group.

Trevathan is 30, coming off a bad year before he got hurt and has worse coverage metrics than Martinez.

We then take a 1st round ILB with the DL not fixed in front of him.

This team isn't even better. You just moved bodies around.

And I am cutting Corey to lock up the best player not named Adams on our offense. Jones carried us this year and in my mind we need to lock him up. He is too valuable to this team and how the offense needs to look to be successful. 

And if a 2nd pick gets me a pro bowl caliber C in a couple years damn right I will make that selection. Tyler is going to be a beast. 

4 minutes ago, OnWisconsin-JRS said:

And I am cutting Corey to lock up the best player not named Adams on our offense. Jones carried us this year and in my mind we need to lock him up. He is too valuable to this team and how the offense needs to look to be successful. 

And if a 2nd pick gets me a pro bowl caliber C in a couple years damn right I will make that selection. Tyler is going to be a beast. 

So you're going to write a massive contract to a RB a year earlier than you need to, and you're going to do so by downgrading his blocking? You understand how illogical that is? Why would you ever pay a RB, much less a year early?

Peter Konz was a stud too, there is absolutely no guarantee that your rookie draft pick is going to be a stud. None at all.