2021 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking:

Ozzy

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Curious as to why you are down on Sterns as a prospect given his play on the field, is it his injury concerns?

Down?  Sure I do not have him as a 1st round pick right now but Holland clearly out played Sterns last year and showed up more often I feel especially in pass coverage.  Hufanga is a tackling machine and shows great potential as well.  Could argue Sterns might be better than Hufanga but his tackling put him over Sterns I feel.  Could easily argue Cisco is better than Sterns as well and yes the injury stuff could be an issue.  Paris Ford played damn good ball also and is a up and coming safety not to mention Brady Breeze who played out of his mind good to end this season in the Pac 12 championship and bowl game.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:40 AM, tom cody said:

Thanks for this. Will be interesting to follow this list as we pass the 2020 draft and get closer to the 2021 draft. There are players who come out of nowhere, wonder if this happens for the 2021 draft as well. 

True but I doubt any players will rise from being a 6th to 7th rounder at this stage to being the #1 pick overall like Joe Burrow has become.  Other risers in terms of 1st round guys were as follows.

Joe Burrow LSU RS SR QB - Historic season and historic rise in the draft, has never really been anything like it.  Even David Carr's increase in production from his JR to SR year is nothing compared to Burrow's production from his RS JR year to his RS SR year.  

Tristan Wirfs Iowa JR OT - Had him more middle rounds just on potential and soon increased the more I saw his solid play this season, was not super impressed with his play against Miss State as a SOPH but he was greatly improve this year and I feel is the most promising OL in the draft this year because of his athletic ability and strength.

Jeffrey Okudah Ohio State JR CB - Had him as more of a middle round pick in February, clearly played the best ball of his career after a pretty slow start and not seeing the field much for obvious reasons.

James Lynch Baylor JR DE - Was not on my radar and now could be a 1st round pick, kid is physically a stud.

Jonah Jackson Ohio State SR OG - Another player not really on my radar coming Rutgers, but he sure took advantage of his transfer to Ohio State and is now arguably the best guard prospect in the draft.  Played great all season long.  

In terms of 2021 it is always interesting to see what it looks like when I put them into rounds.  Again I did not base it off anything I have seen and is just how I rank each player according to the others at this position and the others around them in terms of talent.  Also projecting which underclassmen declare and which do not.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

So did Walker Little tank his draft stock this year? Before the season, I was seeing things about him being a top-15 pick in 2020.

I think I had him 2nd round before this season, never had him that high, sure he could get back to that possibly but is coming off and injury obviously this year and missed basically the entire season so will see what he looks like next year.  

I probably have him a little underrated in this original list, out of sight out of mind.   Could easily move him up to the 2nd round or higher but need to see what he is like after the injury.  But I think he would be hard pressed to surpass Leatherwood and Alaric Jackson though not to mention Eichenberg and Van Lanen, and he will never surpass Sewell

Props on the work. Can only really comment on the Miami prospects. Glad people are starting to recognize Rousseau’s talent. Dude is a freak athlete and I feel had the quietest 15.5 sack season in history. Young got all the hype and deservedly so but for a guy who didn’t start until I believe Week 5, it makes it even more impressive. Can’t comment much on Roche but definitely looking forward to him and Rousseau terrorizing QBs this year. I feel you’re waaaaaay to low on Brevin Jordan especially if you have Kyle Pitts that high. Jordan is a Delanie Walker clone. You’re waaaay too high on Donaldson. Dudes a fat lazy slob who flat out sucks. Too slow to even play OG. Unless he gets it this year and loses about 30+ lbs, he won’t have an NFL future and I doubt he’ll even start this season. He’ll never succeed in a spread hurry up offense which is what Miami will be running this year. Scaife to me is the best OL on the team which isn’t saying much because the whole unit is trash. Wiggins is a solid prospect. He’s been hampered by trash QBs but he does have hands of stone. Hopefully he straightens that out. Not sure if I missed any. 

19 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Props on the work. Can only really comment on the Miami prospects. Glad people are starting to recognize Rousseau’s talent. Dude is a freak athlete and I feel had the quietest 15.5 sack season in history. Young got all the hype and deservedly so but for a guy who didn’t start until I believe Week 5, it makes it even more impressive. Can’t comment much on Roche but definitely looking forward to him and Rousseau terrorizing QBs this year. I feel you’re waaaaaay to low on Brevin Jordan especially if you have Kyle Pitts that high. Jordan is a Delanie Walker clone. You’re waaaay too high on Donaldson. Dudes a fat lazy slob who flat out sucks. Too slow to even play OG. Unless he gets it this year and loses about 30+ lbs, he won’t have an NFL future and I doubt he’ll even start this season. He’ll never succeed in a spread hurry up offense which is what Miami will be running this year. Scaife to me is the best OL on the team which isn’t saying much because the whole unit is trash. Wiggins is a solid prospect. He’s been hampered by trash QBs but he does have hands of stone. Hopefully he straightens that out. Not sure if I missed any. 

Miami football with this move will be greatly improved next season, Ed Reed is a superstar and communicates crazy well.  Talk about having a leader on a football team, he could greatly help them in a variety of ways the more he gets involved.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28601343/ed-reed-returns-miami-hurricanes-chief-staff

Will be interesting how they play next year, especially with King at QB and those pass rushers on D.  Jaelan Phillips will be curious how he looks, was way overrated at UCLA but see if being around other talented DEs gets him in gear.   Al Blades, Sam Brooks Jr. and Bubba Bolden will be curious how they look, Blades has potential and so does Brooks obviously.  Rousseau did get some pad stat games against FSU and Pitt that inflated that sack total, and he did a lot of work and production from the DT spot in pass rush situations so clearly few guards can handle that in college.  He will for sure have much more attention on him this up coming year but Roche should help keeping guys off him a little.  

35 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Miami football with this move will be greatly improved next season, Ed Reed is a superstar and communicates crazy well.  Talk about having a leader on a football team, he could greatly help them in a variety of ways the more he gets involved.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28601343/ed-reed-returns-miami-hurricanes-chief-staff

Will be interesting how they play next year, especially with King at QB and those pass rushers on D.  Jaelan Phillips will be curious how he looks, was way overrated at UCLA but see if being around other talented DEs gets him in gear.   Al Blades, Sam Brooks Jr. and Bubba Bolden will be curious how they look, Blades has potential and so does Brooks obviously.  Rousseau did get some pad stat games against FSU and Pitt that inflated that sack total, and he did a lot of work and production from the DT spot in pass rush situations so clearly few guards can handle that in college.  He will for sure have much more attention on him this up coming year but Roche should help keeping guys off him a little.  

Eh Miami will never be relevant again as the University cares nothing about football.  That was for sure when they basically gave the job to Manny Diaz after Richt gave them a free out when he retired. Sure they seem to win the offseason every year with splash hires and big transfers but it all comes crashing down when the season rolls around.  As far as Rousseau, I don’t really see why him lining up at DT really matters. That just shows versatility and Miami did happen to have two very good edge rushers in Trevon Hill and Neo Garvin. Call it stat padding or whatever but he beat the guy lined up in front of him more often than not.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

16 hours ago, badgers0821 said:

When putting this list together do you use every player that is draft eligible or just include underclassmen you believe will enter early?

I left out over 100 soon to be JR players for next year, I just include the ones I think will declare or should declare of the list of top upcoming juniors I have and a few RS SOPH players.