Eric Berry plans to return to NFL in 2020

Kirill

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm confused, as to his health. Is a return a pipedream, or something reasonable? 

I doubt he'll ever quite be the same, at this point. Between various injuries and just age, now. This would've been year 10, for him. Same draft class as Earl Thomas. So even if he's healthy, it's very unlikely he looks like 2012-2016 Berry. He's smart enough to compensate mentally, to a degree, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was still a plus player for someone. And I certainly hope he is. He's that kind of player where no matter where he goes, I'll want him to have as much success as humanly possible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

what would you expect his deal to be, a 1 year prove it deal?

Most likely with a 2nd year option for the club (in case he balls out), plus numerous incentives/escalators for certain categories he's achieved in years past when he was All Pro!

Edited by Nabbs4u

20 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I never wanted a player to pan out more than Eric Berry.  He was so much fun to watch at UT.

I remember that hit he laid on Knowshon Moreno.

i just got into football in high school and he was my favorite college player. The Chiefs were terrible that year and had the worst Safety play in the league. Then  they got him and that was awesome.

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I hope he comes back and balls out but unless he got his haglunds deformity fixed he's always gonna have that cloud over his head waiting for a flair up. I'd be pretty surprised if a team passes him on a physical.

For those that don’t know this is a bone spur in the heel that agitates the Achilles Tendon. This has been bothering him for 3 years now(possibly longer) and he won’t do surgery, I think because it requires rupturing of the Achilles to shave down the spur. He has already ruptured the other side overcompensating for the Haglunds.

Edited by Chiefer
  • Like 1