Eric Berry plans to return to NFL in 2020

Kirill

As a Chiefs fan, I cannot say I'm much of a fan of Berry.

The team was good to him during his absence when he had cancer. 

He then played totally hardball with the team when it was time to resign a new contract and despite the fact that the team totally had reasons to believe he had significant injury or health concerns. He signed a massive 6-year $78M contract.

In the end he was released after just two years with a big dead cap and having provided very very little to the team during those two years.

I seem to remember his departure wasn't the nicest either.

As good as he was earlier in his career and as great a leader as he was, I just felt like he hurt the team in the end. He took the team hostage to get that massive contract and then he was absolutely useless.

I would think I'm in the minority to think such but yeah that's how I feel about him.

37 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

He then played totally hardball with the team when it was time to resign a new contract and despite the fact that the team totally had reasons to believe he had significant injury or health concerns. He signed a massive 6-year $78M contract.

In the end he was released after just two years with a big dead cap and having provided very very little to the team during those two years.

As good as he was earlier in his career and as great a leader as he was, I just felt like he hurt the team in the end. He took the team hostage to get that massive contract and then he was absolutely useless.

I would think I'm in the minority to think such but yeah that's how I feel about him.

I don't think this is it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Meh, he's looking out for himself. He was arguably one of the best Defensive players and saw his career slowly fading away (cancer/injuries). I don't blame him for holding out for that potential final big pay day.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Meh, he's looking out for himself. He was arguably one of the best Defensive players and saw his career slowly fading away (cancer/injuries). I don't blame him for holding out for that potential final big pay day.

I understand the player's point of view but I mean I support a team first and foremost.

So if a player plays hardball with my team when I feel my team has reasons not to give him that massive contract but ends up giving it to him just to see that player be completely useless, I'm not going to be a fan.

If you're going to ask for that massive payday, you better deliver. And we're not talking about a player who was paid for peanuts early in his career when he was a star.

That's my perspective as a fan of the team.

22 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

I understand the player's point of view but I mean I support a team first and foremost.

So if a player plays hardball with my team when I feel my team has reasons not to give him that massive contract but ends up giving it to him just to see that player be completely useless, I'm not going to be a fan.

If you're going to ask for that massive payday, you better deliver. And we're not talking about a player who was paid for peanuts early in his career when he was a star.

That's my perspective as a fan of the team.

I don't agree with this, but I can respect the position.

• Like 1