AG20 Mock Offseason V2

AlexGreen#20

16 hours ago, Leader said:

Seriously.

Hope we can sprinkle a bit of Fantasy Football into our offseason, cause I think we're gonna need it to make that big a FA haul.
Do we really, really, really.....need to take a CB with our (lower) #1 pick? Not questioning the talent but will be *ever* draft a WR first?  Even its a way out of the first round first?

IF we were able to build that Maginot Line of a DL....couldnt we throw the offense a bone with the top pick? :)

This was my line of thinking. Look for the slot corner as a project later. I love Johnson too but a more gifted freak would make me happy if one fell. At that spot I may try and make AG puke since that’s where the talent at ILB really hits for me and I think you can get a good one. Faster kid from LSU (projected) or maybe even Murray there. Not sure ILB will be drafted real high in this draft so the top talent may be around at 60

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

This was my line of thinking. Look for the slot corner as a project later. I love Johnson too but a more gifted freak would make me happy if one fell. At that spot I may try and make AG puke since that’s where the talent at ILB really hits for me and I think you can get a good one. Faster kid from LSU (projected) or maybe even Murray there. Not sure ILB will be drafted real high in this draft so the top talent may be around at 60

We're drafting a better LSU ILB than Queen in this mock. 

21 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I'm resigned to the fact that you've probably always gotta draft DBs pretty high. Depends on the current roster. Talent-wise, we're probably pretty set. It's the "next man up" guys that will probably need some reinforcements/depth. I'm figuring Tramon's gone. Might not be. Might come back at a decent price....who knows? Is Sullivan ready to take his snaps? Also - 2019 was probably the healthiest year we're gonna see for awhile and we're probably gonna regress somewhat towards the mean - i.e. - losing DBs to injury. In today's passing league - DBs can never be far off your drafting board and they're cheaper than FA's.

Edited by Leader

I like the free agent signings a lot.   I guess I can always dream that this happens...but if what Gute said in his presser was true....won't.   I might pass on resigning Bulaga and instead attempt to resign Clark now.  I would then stay in the first round and draft the best available offensive tackle from what I believe is a very deep talent pool at tackle.  In the second I would get the highest rated wide receiver that I could that would provide us a deep threat.  From that point on its just fill in the offensive line and defensive line.  I like Throckmorton and Davidson, but I think Davidson is going to go at the end of the 2nd or in the 3rd round.  

You really addressed two of our key weak spots...defensive line and middle linebacker.  Give Kwiatkoski that defensive line and he would prosper and at a much better price than what it might take to keep Martinez.

Edited by minnypackerfan

Not sure we bid on Jones, I’d love to see them make a run. I believe Gute will play the high end secondary market like last year and get a few 1B players at a fair rate and bolster the collective roster instead of a splash, even though we’d all love it.

Like Kwiatkoski just not sure he brings the run flavor we need.

Pretty sure Sully has lined himself up nicely for future slot reps and taking the lead there with Hollman right behind him. They aren’t elite but are successful in the system so a DB early concerns me with other talent gaps.

Love me some Tyler Johnson however, good work putting up names most need to know. 

5 minutes ago, GWH87 said:

Not sure we bid on Jones, I’d love to see them make a run. I believe Gute will play the high end secondary market like last year and get a few 1B players at a fair rate and bolster the collective roster instead of a splash, even though we’d all love it.

Like Kwiatkoski just not sure he brings the run flavor we need.

Pretty sure Sully has lined himself up nicely for future slot reps and taking the lead there with Hollman right behind him. They aren’t elite but are successful in the system so a DB early concerns me with other talent gaps.

Love me some Tyler Johnson however, good work putting up names most need to know. 

Convince me Sullivan isn't Tony Brown

2 hours ago, Leader said:

I'm resigned to the fact that you've probably always gotta draft DBs pretty high. Depends on the current roster. Talent-wise, we're probably pretty set. It's the "next man up" guys that will probably need some reinforcements/depth. I'm figuring Tramon's gone. Might not be. Might come back at a decent price....who knows? Is Sullivan ready to take his snaps? Also - 2019 was probably the healthiest year we're gonna see for awhile and we're probably gonna regress somewhat towards the mean - i.e. - losing DBs to injury. In today's passing league - DBs can never be far off your drafting board and they're cheaper than FA's.

Agree but they can’t be your first pick darn near every year. 

12 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

5.5 CB’s or 5.5 DB’s?

Either way, you can’t make CB your first pick every year unless your killing it later in the draft at other positions. 

I think you can’t go into the draft looking backwards. The factors going into who you draft at a given slot have to be the board and your current needs/talent, regardless of how that situation came about. If your picks at a certain position are consistently not panning out, you need to sort that out in your scouting/personnel department, but the history of your roster shouldn’t have a bearing on picks, just current talent/contracts. 

• Like 3