TCMD: Trade to pick Harrison Hand

EaglesPeteC

TRADE!

Hakeem-Butler-214x300.jpg

Eagles trade CB Sidney Jones to the Cardinals for WR Hakeem Butler

The addition of Casey Hayward and Trae Waynes makes Jones expendable. I flip him for a WR that I was high on last year in Butler. Now Butler and JJAW can compete and we have 2 young big X receivers and now hopefully one will work out.

• Like 3

got 6 million left.

Looking to get a backup QB before the draft.

Lots of nice options.

I could just roll with Nasty Nate Studfield for a cheap deal. 

Tyrod Taylor is also available for like 2 million

I could wait a couple rounds and see the price go down on Marcus Mariota or Big **** Nick.

Also, McCleod is still out there with a price tag of just a shade over 3 million. I'm tempted. I know @IrishHooligan00 approves.

On 2/20/2020 at 8:58 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

TRADE!

The addition of Casey Hayward and Trae Waynes makes Jones expendable. I flip him for a WR that I was high on last year in Butler. Now Butler and JJAW can compete and we have 2 young big X receivers and now hopefully one will work out.

Wasnt hakeem butler completely abysmal in the cardinals camp last year? Like should have never been in the nfl bad?

I obviously dont give a crap about the cardinals but saw a twitter thread of draftniks going in on how they hated hakeem and were right about him.

Edited by ninjapirate

48 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Wasnt hakeem butler completely abysmal in the cardinals camp last year? Like should have never been in the nfl bad?

I obviously dont give a crap about the cardinals but saw a twitter thread of draftniks going in on how they hated hakeem and were right about him.

Draftniks taking victory laps before a player takes a regular season snap, is the most Twitter thing ever. 

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

got 6 million left.

Looking to get a backup QB before the draft.

Lots of nice options.

I could just roll with Nasty Nate Studfield for a cheap deal. 

Tyrod Taylor is also available for like 2 million

I could wait a couple rounds and see the price go down on Marcus Mariota or Big **** Nick.

Also, McCleod is still out there with a price tag of just a shade over 3 million. I'm tempted. I know @IrishHooligan00 approves.

Boston and.. who is our other safety?

I'd go for it. Are you accounting for incoming rookie salary?

On 2/20/2020 at 11:58 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

TRADE!

HATE on this.

Jones has upside.
He came in with a serious injury and was misused when he came back.
He flashed a little last season.
It was not enough to say he is going to be great, but he could be much more.

Butler meanwhile, has been a turd.

You got rooked.

Don't make moves to make moves.
Having depth is not a bad thing.
Guys like Jones aren't expendable at the expense of shots-in-the-dark.
He was the better player.

Next time you want to make a move like his, go masturbate or something else to take your mind off it.
When you're done, reevaluate the situation.
Be patient.  Don't try to boil the ocean.

Don't listen to old man dingo. We've seen everything Jones has to offer in our system. It's time to move on. Butler has great measurables, and was considered a 1st rounder by some last year. You turned a nothing (Sidney Jones) into a player that still has a decent chance to be fantastic. Trading away Sidney Jones is losing nothing, with the potential of acquiring something.

Edited by Danger

On 2/27/2020 at 8:38 PM, Danger said:

Don't listen to old man dingo. We've seen everything Jones has to offer in our system. It's time to move on. Butler has great measurables, and was considered a 1st rounder by some last year. You turned a nothing (Sidney Jones) into a player that still has a decent chance to be fantastic. Trading away Sidney Jones is losing nothing, with the potential of acquiring something.

I wouldnt sell low on Sidney either. He made some big plays down the stretch for us last year. Hopefully Manuel can bring the best out of him.