TCMD: Trade to pick Harrison Hand

EaglesPeteC

Looking at the rest of your roster and which positions you've addressed in which ways.

my pick would be LB Troy Dye

Campbell and Onwusar may very well have peaked. It'd be good to get a young LB in here that we can hope to turn into something more than just-a-guy.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Looking at the rest of your roster and which positions you've addressed in which ways.

my pick would be LB Troy Dye

Campbell and Onwusar may very well have peaked. It'd be good to get a young LB in here that we can hope to turn into something more than just-a-guy.

He is for sure towards the top of my list at this point after Chinn went off the board.

I'm thinking him, Pride or Hennessey. 

We are in the 4th Round. Here are the players and positions I am looking at

LB- Troy Dye, Joe Bachie, Markus Bailey, David Woodward

CB-Troy Pride Jr, Darnay Holmes, Harrison Hand 

S- K’Von Wallace, Alohi Gilman, Richie Grant, Julian Blackmon 

T- Saahiq Charles, Trey Adams, Justin Herron

RB- Anthony McFarland, Eno Benjamin

WR- KJ Hill, Bryan Edwards, Quartney Davis, Quintez Cephus, Gabriel Davis, Isaiah Hodgins, Collin Johnson

DE- Bradlee Anae, Alex Highsmith, Khalid Kareem 

C- Nick Harris

Edited by EaglesPeteC
  • Like 1

My top 5 targets 

1. Troy Dye

Almost took him at 96. If he somehow falls to 145 that is insane value 

2. Troy Pride Jr.

same as Dye above 

3. Quartney Davis

he is my under the radar WR man crush 

4. Markus Bailey 

an athletic young LB to add to the room

5. K’Von Wallace 

He and McKinney would be the young versions of McLeod and Jenkins. 

Edited by EaglesPeteC

I think most of those guys are fine picks

looking at the roster for areas where a guy could have a job.

RB, we’ve gone with 4 a lot there. Holyfield isn’t worth putting in much stock. And Boston is probably not the best guy to put all of our hopes in as a contributing #2. So getting another guy would be smart. Not sure who’s available but there are some good day 3 backs to be had this year.

OT, we should bring in a swing tackle to compete and potentially stick on the roster.

CB, only at 5. They will carry 6 sometimes. Good to bring in some young guys.

Positions  where I could see it maybe but I’m not sure about 

C, you could add a guy like Nick Harris, let him sit a year or two if Kelce is indeed going to retire soonish. Not super pressing.

LB, it’s getting heavy here numbers-wise. Hard cuts are fine but how much will they be able to do?

WR, I’m fine with throwing as many things at the position and seeing what sticks. But it’s getting pretty full 

23 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think most of those guys are fine picks

looking at the roster for areas where a guy could have a job.

RB, we’ve gone with 4 a lot there. Holyfield isn’t worth putting in much stock. And Boston is probably not the best guy to put all of our hopes in as a contributing #2. So getting another guy would be smart. Not sure who’s available but there are some good day 3 backs to be had this year.

Yeah, looking to add one. I like some bigger bodied guys in the 5th/6th Round range more than I like the value here.

OT, we should bring in a swing tackle to compete and potentially stick on the roster.

Agreed there as well. But like RB, the value doesn't line up here yet IMO. I have 4 picks  in the 5th/6th so hopefully trying to pick one up there.

CB, only at 5. They will carry 6 sometimes. Good to bring in some young guys.

I think it is more of 10 total DB's whether that is 6 CB's and 4th S or 5 and 5. I'm looking to add either another CB or another S probably not both. It's hard to see a guy I take at this point in the draft taking snaps over Hayward, Waynes, Maddox, Le'Blanc or Rasul. I could see more a player I take in this range being able to get ahead of the likes of Rudy Ford or Marcus Epps for snaps as the 4th safety. Also keeping in mind that I signed Boston to a 1 year deal and who knows how long Jenkins' shelf life really is here. 

Positions  where I could see it maybe but I’m not sure about 

C, you could add a guy like Nick Harris, let him sit a year or two if Kelce is indeed going to retire soonish. Not super pressing.

How much do they like Herbig? That is an interesting question. This isn't an overly strong C class so I am not going to force a pick there.

LB, it’s getting heavy here numbers-wise. Hard cuts are fine but how much will they be able to do?

My philosophy there is if I can find a player that I feel is a definite upgrade over Nate Gerry, I'll take him.

WR, I’m fine with throwing as many things at the position and seeing what sticks. But it’s getting pretty full 

I'm looking at the slot position. Marquis Lee was only signed on a 1 year deal and is injury prone. There are several players that I see left on the board as potential starting slot players that would be worth it to add. 

• Like 1

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Philadelphia Eagles Day 1 and Day 2 Draft Press Conference 

We are very excited about the 3 players we have brought in over the first two days of the draft. We have had pretty much an ideal scenario for our board and our needs.

S Xavier McKinney was a top 15 player on our board and Safety is a position that we very much needed an infusion of youth. Although we feel great about our starting duo of Malcolm Jenkins and Tre Boston having a top talent like McKinney as a 3rd safety and the future of the position is idea. We see McKinney as having a very similar skill set to Malcolm. Xavier is someone who is incredibly skilled and versatile and smart and can play all over the back 7 of our defense. It was a bit of a risk we would loose out on him when we traded down from 21 to 24, but to make that move and still get him was like a dream scenario for us.

xavier.gif

One of the reasons we felt good about traded down from 21 that we felt that if McKinney was gone, we'd be really happy with  WR Jalen Reagor at 24. After round 1 ended and Reagor was still available we started calling around about trading up and at 39, Reagor was still available and we were able to get up to secure him without giving up that 3rd. Reagor gives us the need for youth, speed and big play ability as a deep threat, on jet sweeps and in the return game. His explosive play making ability is precisely was we coveted picking up in this draft. To be able to pick up two players we were so high on in the first two rounds was a dream scenario for the Eagles.

TepidLateEstuarinecrocodile-size_restric

With the trade down in Round 1 we moved up significantly in round 3 and as we got closer to pick 88, we loved the options on our board and the Ravens came calling for pick 88. We were able to drop down to 92 and get back in to the 4th after trading away both 4ths to get Reagor. This is big for us to be able to have 5 picks on day 3. In the end we got the guy that we coveted at 88 anyway in DT Jordan Elliott. Elliott is a mammoth of a man with all of the skill and potential in the world. We think he will slide right in on a rotation with Malik Jackson and Hassan Ridgeway next to all pro DT Fletcher Cox. We think he has huge upside to contribute on limited snaps in year 1 and grow into a starter down the line.

UnderstatedMasculineEthiopianwolf-size_r

Now we have 5 picks on day 3 to hopefully make some more great additions to our roster.

• Like 1