EaglesPeteC

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We are in the 4th Round. Here are the players and positions I am looking at

LB- Troy Dye, David Woodward

CB-Troy Pride Jr, Darnay Holmes

S- K’Von Wallace

WR- Quartney Davis, Isaiah Hodgins

DE- Bradlee Anae

One of these. And I assume Duvernay is still available? If so add him to this list for me.

1. Dye
2. Holmes
3. Duvernay
4. Anae
5. Wallace
6. Pride
7. Hodgins
8. Woodward
9. Davis

On 3/8/2020 at 5:08 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

We are in the 4th Round. Here are the players and positions I am looking at

LB- Joe Bachie, Markus Bailey, David Woodward

CB- Darnay Holmes, Harrison Hand 

S- K’Von Wallace, Alohi Gilman

T-  Justin Herron

WR- Bryan Edwards, Quartney Davis, Quintez Cephus, Gabriel Davis, Isaiah Hodgins

DE- Alex Highsmith, Khalid Kareem 

Updated with who is still on the board 19 picks until me. Troy Pride sticking waaaaay out to me here 

Edited by EaglesPeteC

T-  Justin Herron

WR- Bryan Edwards, Quartney Davis, Quintez Cephus, Gabriel Davis, Isaiah Hodgins

Newest update: I'm thinking Wallace, Holmes or Davis. Not sure in what order. Convince me........and GO! 

I like a lot of what I’ve read and seen of Hand. Darnay still a good pick too.

I think Highsmith is an interesting guy. You could muscle him up and be the type of DE they like or I think he could maybe be a SLB...but I think they might be doing that with Avery...almost like a Joker-esque role. Bring pressure, set an edge from a standing position. But he’s definitely a rosterable player who could turn into something more with some development.

54 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

T-  Justin Herron

Newest update: I'm thinking Wallace, Holmes or Davis. Not sure in what order. Convince me........and GO! 

I could live with Quartney Davis. Wallace or Holmes are both good. I'm lazy show me the DBack depth chart again?

You didn't give Malcolm any kind of extension have you? He very well could be gone next year. But then again so could Rasul.

Edited by Danger

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I could live with Quartney Davis. Wallace or Holmes are both good. I'm lazy show me the DBack depth chart again?

LCB- CASEY HAYWARD

RCB- TRAE WAYNES/Rasul Douglas

SCB- Avonte Maddox/Cre'Von LeBlanc

FS- TRE BOSTON/Rudy Ford

SS- Malcolm Jenkins/XAVIER MCKINNEY/Marcus Epps

I think the need for Wallace is stronger than the need for Holmes. I think Holmes would be the 6th CB and be inactive while Wallace could very much be the 4th safety and be a long term running mate with McKinney 

OR

I could see taking Holmes and making Maddox a CB/S hybrid and his eventually being the starting FS with Holmes eventually being the starting slot.

16 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

LCB- CASEY HAYWARD

FS- TRE BOSTON/Rudy Ford

I think the need for Wallace is stronger than the need for Holmes. I think Holmes would be the 6th CB and be inactive while Wallace could very much be the 4th safety and be a long term running mate with McKinney 

OR

I could see taking Holmes and making Maddox a CB/S hybrid and his eventually being the starting FS with Holmes eventually being the starting slot.

It really depends on the general approach you want to take IMO. Holmes is BPA, but your logic with Wallace is sound.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I disagree with that projection.

Me too, just from what I read they say he's projected to the slot. I like Holmes a lot, Pride too. I am confused why we brought in Amik Robertson in for a pre draft visit. He's a guaranteed slot CB. Maddox and LeBlanc are very solid there.

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

LCB- CASEY HAYWARD

FS- TRE BOSTON/Rudy Ford

OR

I'd go Wallace there, but just by a smidge over Holmes. Wallace is one of those do it all safeties. Can play deep, in the box or in the slot. And he does it all well, not one of those versatile guys who is meh at a lot of things.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Me too, just from what I read they say he's projected to the slot. I like Holmes a lot, Pride too. I am confused why we brought in Amik Robertson in for a pre draft visit. He's a guaranteed slot CB. Maddox and LeBlanc are very solid there.

I was listening to the Eagle Eye podcast and they looked at the hire of Manuel and how one of his biggest successes in ATL was converting CB's to S especially Damontae Kazee and Ricardo Allen who are very similar is stature and play style to Maddox (and also Amik Robertson now that I think of it) I wonder if the plan might be to take a guy like Robertson and move him to FS or move Maddox to FS. 

• Like 1