TCMD: Trade to pick Harrison Hand

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

To cut or not to cut Nigel Bradham.....

Current Cap space  without cutting Bradham.

2020: $29 million

2021: $6 million

With Cutting Bradham:

2020: $33 million

2021: $16 million

The bigger advantage is opening up that 10 million in 2021. In this mock you have  to stay under the cap in the following year, so if I don't cut Bradham, I can really only offer 1 year deals besides maybe to 1 guy. Cutting Bradham gives me more flexibility in that area but also opens up another hole on the roster to fill.

Thoughts?

What draft picks do we have at this time? If you think you can invest a pick in the first 3 round in a LB, I'd be all for cutting ties. Maybe sign a vet to a 1-year deal as well. Honestly I like TJ Edwards and Alex Singleton both.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

What draft picks do we have at this time? If you think you can invest a pick in the first 3 round in a LB, I'd be all for cutting ties. Maybe sign a vet to a 1-year deal as well. Honestly I like TJ Edwards and Alex Singleton both.

I traded away a 3rd and 4th and gained a 5th. So right now I have 1st, 2nd, 3rd (comp), 4th (comp), 4th (comp) 5th, 5th, 5th, 6th 

There are some decent players at LB I like in Free Agency that I think I can get for cheaper than paying Bradham, but that is a gamble especially being a team with limited cap space. Also, you are taking the best play off your weakest position on defense at the moment. Dunno, I keep going back and forth

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I traded away a 3rd and 4th and gained a 5th. So right now I have 1st, 2nd, 3rd (comp), 4th (comp), 4th (comp) 5th, 5th, 5th, 6th 

There are some decent players at LB I like in Free Agency that I think I can get for cheaper than paying Bradham, but that is a gamble especially being a team with limited cap space. Also, you are taking the best play off your weakest position on defense at the moment. Dunno, I keep going back and forth

Let's look at it through a vacuum though. Bradham was playing like a mediocre linebacker most of last year and he was being paid as much more than that. Do we expect him to get better or worse? 

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

To cut or not to cut Nigel Bradham.....

Current Cap space  without cutting Bradham.

2020: $29 million

2021: $6 million

With Cutting Bradham:

2020: $33 million

2021: $16 million

The bigger advantage is opening up that 10 million in 2021. In this mock you have  to stay under the cap in the following year, so if I don't cut Bradham, I can really only offer 1 year deals besides maybe to 1 guy. Cutting Bradham gives me more flexibility in that area but also opens up another hole on the roster to fill.

Thoughts?

He's our best lb on the team but for that kind of money we should go after LB Corey Littleton... also I think S McCleod will cost the same or more then 2019 so go after S Ha Ha Clinton- Dix (even cheaper S Eric Berry) I'd say cut him...

5 minutes ago, EAGLES 1977 said:

He's our best lb on the team but for that kind of money we should go after LB Corey Littleton... also I think S McCleod will cost the same or more then 2019 so go after S Ha Ha Clinton- Dix (even cheaper S Eric Berry) I'd say cut him...

If LB Littleton's price to high go after LB Kyle Van Noy

15 hours ago, EAGLES 1977 said:

15 hours ago, EAGLES 1977 said:

If LB Littleton's price to high go after LB Kyle Van Noy

So the way this mock works is every player is assigned an amount that they ask for (called APY) based off their PPF grade. 

there are rounds of free agency where you can bid on 4 players each round (3 UFA bids and 1 Resign bid) every round a player goes unsigned his APY drops. 

All the players you listed have APY of over $10 million right now, so they are not in the budget lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Free Agency Bidding Round 1 is tonight. I'll know if I got my top targets in a matter of hours.

I have a tentative deal in place to trade Nigel Bradham. If a team misses out on their top player in free agency at LB, I'll have a deal for Bradham. One of the players I bid on in Free Agency is a LB, if I get him and even if that deal falls through, I'll probably cut Bradham

• Like 1

FREE AGENCY ROUND 1

EAGLES SIGN  LB DE'VONDRE CAMPBELL 5 YEAR $17,350,000

giphy.gif

EAGLES SIGN S TRE BOSTON 1 YEAR $9.25 MILLION

Pick2.gif

EAGLES RESIGN DT HASSAN RIDGEWAY 1 YEAR $1.5 MILLION

philadelphia-eagles-defensive-tackle-has

I lost out on my 4th bid which was for WR Breshad Perriman. The defense got some much needed depth and reinforcements 

• Like 1

All for signing a LB, none of them should break the bank. 

Getting Tre on a 1 or 2 year deal to pair with Malcolm is another solid way to go. Hopefully give time to a rookie to get coached up this year.

You might as well dissolve the franchise if you’re going to back Ridgeway...what were you thinking??? (I agree with this move too)