2020 Mock Offseason Additions

Free Agency
Cuts:
Rescind Leonard Floyd's 5th Yr Option
Cut Prince Amukamara
Cut Taylor Gabriel

Sign Dante Fowler Jr

Image result for dante fowler jr sack trubisky
The money saved by rescinding Leonard Floyd's option will be better spent on Fowler Jr. Who for the first time in his career would line up at his ideal position of 3-4 OLB opposite Khalil Mack. Pairing Fowler with Mack would cut down on the triple teams Khalil faces game in game out. The move would make the defense better as a whole. Increased pass rush produces better coverage and more turnovers on the back end. Shaq Barrett and Chris Jones will command a 20 million dollar per year bidding war. Placing Fowler right in the Bears sights.

⚠️Trade Alert⚠️
Chicago sends 2020 2nd rd(50) 2021 5th

Image result for cam newton chicago bears
Cam represents hope and experience for a tapped out Bears front office. While Cam has never been the "pocket passer" naysayers have wanted him to be. Cam is exactly what the NFL craves now in a QB. A QB that doesn't need everything to be perfect around him to make it happen. With a full season off to recover and a change of scenery Cam would take the NFC North by storm. His mobility and ability to go deep has always kept defenses on their toes and opened up the rushing attack. Newton will only be 31 when the season kicks off, so the Bears could keep him around for at least 3 years while developing the next QB. Also, Cam would bring an excitement to the team and fans that would likely raise the level of play on the field.

2nd Rd(43)
Mekhi Becton LVILLE, OL 6-7 / 369

Image result for mekhi becton
This real life Hulk could be the Oline cornerstone for a decade. Becton is Huge, Athletic and most importantly Nasty. Not the technician that other Tackles in this class are but if he gets his paws on you IT'S OVER. Still only 20 years old his potential is through the roof. Becton is a starter for the Bears Day 1. I think Montgomery would be the biggest fan of this pick, hope Massie can play RG.

4th round(comp pick)
Brandon Aiyuk ARZST, WR 6-1 / 206

Image result for brandon aiyuk
Earlier in this post I cut Turbo Gabriel. The Bears fill that void with this pick. Da Bears WR depth chart is pretty promising with Anthony Miller coming on strong last season. However, they lack a burner. ARob can go deep and win the 50/50 balls but their is no one in the WR room that scares DCoordinators with elite speed. In a deep WR class a few prospects are going to fall. Brandon not only has speed he knows how to play the position, consistently takes slants to the house and provides a bonus in the return game. Aiyuk has a high enough ceiling that he can develop into a true #1 in a few years.

5th rd
Cole McDonald HAWAII, QB 6-4 / 220

Image result for cole mcdonald hawaii
Anthony Gordon is this year's sleeper media darling. This Bear Fan is happy it's not Cole McDonald. Dont care that he plays in a offense that inflates numbers, cut on the tape and you will see a PLAYMAKER. Armed with one of the biggest arms in this draft, speed to outrun angles, and the swag of a defender McDonald could be the steal of this draft. McDonald can let it fly accurately with just a flick of his wrist. When his balls get to his targets they are still on a string allowing the playmakers to get loose in the open field. No Check Down King here, McDonald understands the circumstances when in down and distance and will leave it all on the field to move the chains. Every once in a while there is a QB that checks all the boxes that is sitting there waiting to be drafted and developed. Cole is that guy in this year's draft.

5th round
Josiah Deguara CINCY, TE 6-3 / 240

Image result for deguara cincinnati
Travis Kelce, Brent Celek,... Jo Deguara. If Deguara were two inches taller he would be graded in the 2nd round. Fortunately for Matt Nagy he falls due to being undersized. Nagy doesn't feature a blocking tight end as often as most teams which makes this pick a match made in heaven. Deguara has some of the best hands at the position and for what he lacks in stature he makes up for it with speed and hands. Are TE prayers are answered!

6th
Shyheim Carter BAMA, CB 6-0 / 191

Image result for shyheim carter
Press, Zone, Slot, Centerfield, Run Support.... You name is Carter can do it. Not a height/weight/speed prospect, just a hell of a football player. Carter is overshadowed by more heralded teammates, but since the departure of Minkah Fitzpatrick he has held down the fort for Bama. Skrine will likely get one more season with the Bears. It will be the Carter show afterwards.

6th
Saadiq Charles LSU, OT 6-4/305

Image result for saahdiq charles
Saadiq is a former 4 star Olineman, That crushed elite competition while protecting Joe Burrows. Saadiq will fall in the draft due to character concerns. A blessing in disguise for the Bears who could use a couple of Bad Guys on the team. Saadiq will either make Ryan Pace look like a genius or be out the league and no one remembers you drafted him. In the 6th round I prefer to gamble on talent instead of rounding out special teams.

7th
DeeJay Dallas "DA U", RB 5-11/220

Image result for deejay dallas

Dont know how big of College Football fans you all are, but in the 2018 recruiting class there was a 5 star RB by the name of Lorenzo Lingard who went to Miami to carry on the torch for next great running back. However, he could not unseat the 4 star back pictured above and will suit up for the Gators next year. DeeJay Dallas is a thick RB that can flat out fly. He didnt get to show his talent often playing in Miami's archaic offense. He can also take check downs to the the house. Deejay can honestly blame his draft stock on the program. Dallas runs behind his heavy frame never taking his eyes off the endzone. At miami he was often wrapped up at the line before the play ended with him in the endzone.

• Like 2

Don't want Cam anywhere near this team.... and not super big on the Hawaii QB either...

Love dumping Floyd, the guy's a bum.... Ditto Massie.

I'd probably use those two remaining picks (via not trading for cam or drafting the hawaii qb) getting another TE  and/or the the second one BPA between SS, MLB, CB, OL, TE

I want absolute overkill on TE/OL specifically...

4 hours ago, Hurricanes773 said:

The money saved by rescinding Leonard Floyd's option will be better spent on Fowler Jr. Who for the first time in his career would line up at his ideal position of 3-4 OLB opposite Khalil Mack.

Fowler lined up from both a 2-point and 3-point stance....the same as Floyd so not much would change for him in this scheme.  

I'm always skeptical of players who have such a monstrous year above their normal average in a contract year. Plus, getting Fowler would not be cheap after open market inflation.

Cam represents hope and experience for a tapped out Bears front office. While Cam has never been the "pocket passer" naysayers have wanted him to be. Cam is exactly what the NFL craves now in a QB. A QB that doesn't need everything to be perfect around him to make it happen. With a full season off to recover and a change of scenery Cam would take the NFC North by storm. His mobility and ability to go deep has always kept defenses on their toes and opened up the rushing attack. Newton will only be 31 when the season kicks off, so the Bears could keep him around for at least 3 years while developing the next QB. Also, Cam would bring an excitement to the team and fans that would likely raise the level of play on the field.

Oh god no! PLEASE! DO NOT DO THIS TO US!!!!!!! (I keep having bad feelings about him being our QB at some point).

Cam in 2020 is not the same as Cam from 5 years ago. And even then, yes, he needed damn near everything around him to perfect to succeed. 

Brining in a banged QB, who relies on his legs too much, and expect him to play behind an OL with some uncertainties is only asking for trouble.

This real life Hulk could be the Oline cornerstone for a decade. Becton is Huge, Athletic and most importantly Nasty. Not the technician that other Tackles in this class are but if he gets his paws on you IT'S OVER. Still only 20 years old his potential is through the roof. Becton is a starter for the Bears Day 1. I think Montgomery would be the biggest fan of this pick, hope Massie can play RG.

I couldn't help but think of Chris Williams when I was reading this because everything you are saying about Becton is everything we heard about Williams too. 

Know nothing about Aiyuk but I like the position selection in general, but ahead of the CB position though....not a fan of that. Unless you have a plan to get Chris Harris B|.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Fowler lined up from both a 2-point and 3-point stance....the same as Floyd so not much would change for him in this scheme.  

I'm always skeptical of players who have such a monstrous year above their normal average in a contract year. Plus, getting Fowler would not be cheap after open market inflation.

Oh god no! PLEASE! DO NOT DO THIS TO US!!!!!!! (I keep having bad feelings about him being our QB at some point).

Cam in 2020 is not the same as Cam from 5 years ago. And even then, yes, he needed damn near everything around him to perfect to succeed. 

Brining in a banged QB, who relies on his legs too much, and expect him to play behind an OL with some uncertainties is only asking for trouble.

I couldn't help but think of Chris Williams when I was reading this because everything you are saying about Becton is everything we heard about Williams too. 

Know nothing about Aiyuk but I like the position selection in general, but ahead of the CB position though....not a fan of that. Unless you have a plan to get Chris Harris B|.

Nobody ever thought of Chris Williams as a mauler... He was an injury prone/finesse tackle coming out of Vandy...

As far as corners as concerned I want to see what Tolliver and Denmark can do opposite Fuller...

Both the Rams and Jags played Fowler Jr. with his hands in the dirt...

I still have yet to hear a solid reason for the dislike on Cam... outside of injuries which he has had a year to recover from

1 minute ago, Hurricanes773 said:

Nobody ever thought of Chris Williams as a mauler... He was an injury prone/finesse tackle coming out of Vandy...

As far as corners as concerned I want to see what Tolliver and Denmark can do opposite Fuller...

Both the Rams and Jags played Fowler Jr. with his hands in the dirt...

I still have yet to hear a solid reason for the dislike on Cam... outside of injuries which he has had a year to recover from

I'll be honest- I don't really care to see Denmark play a second of regular season ball

3 hours ago, Hurricanes773 said:

I mean at some point he ends up like Kyle Long where his injuries just take a toll and he stops recovering.... Cam is at that point.

Beyond that, he's an old, washed up, has been who was never that good anyway. And he's a running QB with an ever increasing injury history that limits his running. Even before injuries, he was never good enough at the actual QB part to win a superbowl, why bother wasting the money on what we essentially already have in Biscuit with an inaccurate running qb? It gets us no where but down a roster slot and several million dollars.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I mean at some point he ends up like Kyle Long where his injuries just take a toll and he stops recovering.... Cam is at that point.

Beyond that, he's an old, washed up, has been who was never that good anyway. And he's a running QB with an ever increasing injury history that limits his running. Even before injuries, he was never good enough at the actual QB part to win a superbowl, why bother wasting the money on what we essentially already have in Biscuit with an inaccurate running qb? It gets us no where but down a roster slot and several million dollars.

My biggest grief with him is that he's simply too much of a knucklehead. Mitch may never be consistent enough to be a quality starting quarterback, be he sure ain't a knucklehead...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I would rather Kap than Cam at this point. Cam has some serious injuries and is not getting any better.

If they're going the veteran-to-perhaps-be-the-starter route...sadly, Dalton is probably the best option. Unless Smith's recovery is, like, off the charts. 

• Like 1