If I Were Ryan Pace 2020 Offseason ADDITIONS&CUTS

Hurricanes773

24 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

If they're going the veteran-to-perhaps-be-the-starter route...sadly, Dalton is probably the best option. Unless Smith's recovery is, like, off the charts. 

Dalton would require a trade though right? I'm only interested if it costs us nothing, and have absolutely no interest in wasting any draft capital on a known commodity, unless said commodity is capable of winning us a Super Bowl.  I'd rather take shots on drafting, and see if anyone pans out. Anthony Gordon somewhere in the 3rd-6th range right now is my best bet on cost/potential. As far as I'm concerned this year is probably already punted unless Mitch miraculously turns it all around, and I'm kind of expecting to see us drafting rnd 1 QB in 2021.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Dalton would require a trade though right? I'm only interested if it costs us nothing, and have absolutely no interest in wasting any draft capital on a known commodity, unless said commodity is capable of winning us a Super Bowl.  I'd rather take shots on drafting, and see if anyone pans out. Anthony Gordon somewhere in the 3rd-6th range right now is my best bet on cost/potential. As far as I'm concerned this year is probably already punted unless Mitch miraculously turns it all around, and I'm kind of expecting to see us drafting rnd 1 QB in 2021.

Probably a trade, yeah. Newton most likely via trade, too. Maybe the same sort of scenario with Alex Smith, as he's still under contract, and it's fairly big. 

I agree with you that Gordon has potential. However, the Bears don't have a third round pick, and their fourth rounder will be very low. 

Then, the question becomes whether a resignation to devote a first (and likely much more) to a QB in 2021...or do you try for a fix right away? There's no good answer, unfortunately. 

I actually like the draft picks a lot.

Love Becton, I think McDonald could be a high end reserve, and with Flip here i really want a young QB to try and develop, etc. All might go earlier, especially Aiyuk ans Becton of he grades well at the Combine, but if they were available I'd be pretty happy. 

I'd trade Floyd before cutting him. Someone will be willing to deal for him, definitely not a 2nd or anything but he would garner interest. Fowler is an upgrade as an EDGE too. 

My issue is Cam. He is too injury prone and never developed as a passer. Even with McCaffery and Olsen to lean on he sucked pretty regularly lately. We don't have a RB or TE that is remotely close to either of them, but Robinson is an upgrade for him. But he just is a bigger and more expensive Tru at this point. 

Edited by Sugashane

Why replace an inaccurate athletic QB in Mitch with another inaccurate athletic QB in Cam who will cost draft picks and a much higher salary?  It just doesn't make much sense to me and I cannot see him being the type of player that Pace and Nagy would want anyway as his QB.  I see this as an extreme long shot.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Why replace an inaccurate athletic QB in Mitch with another inaccurate athletic QB in Cam who will cost draft picks and a much higher salary?  It just doesn't make much sense to me and I cannot see him being the type of player that Pace and Nagy would want anyway as his QB.  I see this as an extreme long shot.

Yeah, I'll eat my laptop if they trade for Cam and pay him $20 million/year. It's not happening. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Well these comments didnt age well.....

Cam Newton who you guys said was getting worse is ahead of rehab schedule and will be at 100% for the first time in years... Reported by Panthers Insiders... They are even considering keeping.

Cole McDonald who you guys said sucked is actually the biggest rising QB in the draft according to Matt Miller...

When will you all start listening to the only guy on this thread that said take Pat Mahomes and you all tried to pick me apart🤷🏾‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Hurricanes773 said:

Cam Newton who you guys said was getting worse is ahead of rehab schedule and will be at 100% for the first time in years... Reported by Panthers Insiders... They are even considering keeping.

Cole McDonald who you guys said sucked is actually the biggest rising QB in the draft according to Matt Miller...

When will you all start listening to the only guy on this thread that said take Pat Mahomes and you all tried to pick me apart🤷🏾‍♂️

They are "considering" keeping. Why not just say they are rolling with him as their starter for sure for 2020?

They cannot trade or release Cam right now because of the injury so obviously they are going to hype him up and make things appear that they are going well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hurricanes773 said:

If there's any time to sarcastically declare "these posts aged well," it's definitely end of February. You must have a crystal ball that McDonald is a good QB and Newton came back 100% healthy and performing at a high level.

Wait, so the Panthers- who may be looking to trade Newton- aren't saying he's unhealthy? Wow! That's unbelievable, man. I would've never thought. (fwiw: Newton has been hurt throughout his career, in particular to his bottom half, which is what makes him so dangerous. Those are facts. He's also extremely inaccurate and has only had one good season. Also facts)

And boy, if Matt Miller says it, it must be true. Let's say he's right. Who cares if he's rising? A lot of guys rise and end up not being good in the NFL. Most draft picks suck. I just went through this entire thread and I don't see anywhere where a poster said McDonald sucks. Am I missing it?

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Wait, so the Panthers- who may be looking to trade Newton- aren't saying he's unhealthy? Wow! That's unbelievable, man. I would've never thought. (fwiw: Newton has been hurt throughout his career, in particular to his bottom half, which is what makes him so dangerous. Those are facts. He's also extremely inaccurate and has only had one good season.)

And boy, if Matt Miller says it, it must be true. Let's say he's right. Who cares if he's rising? A lot of guys rise and end up not being good in the NFL. Most draft picks suck. 

They cannot trade him because he can't pass a physical right now.

13 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

[Newton]’s also extremely inaccurate and has only had one good season. Also facts

People by and large don’t recognize this for some reason (at least as a passer). In the 3 seasons following his 2015 MVP season Newton had 65 TD passes and 43 INT with just 59.8% comp. Yikes. Excluding his MVP season where they were 15-1 Newton is a .500 QB for his career, and he has never had consecutive winning seasons. I don’t want to discount his running ability from the discussion because it’s definitely an asset, but he’s very subpar as a passer, and that negates most or all of the value added with the running for me. 

Hard pass for me on Newton. 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 6:34 PM, Hurricanes773 said:

2nd Rd(43)
Mekhi Becton LVILLE, OL 6-7 / 369

4th round (comp pick)
Brandon Aiyuk ARZST, WR 6-1 / 206

Both of them are unlikely to be available.  Becton has some real helium and he's being talked as a FRP.  Aiyuk is a really talented WR getting early Day 2 talk.  Potentially late Day 1.

• Like 2

On 2/27/2020 at 12:34 AM, CWood21 said:

Both of them are unlikely to be available.  Becton has some real helium and he's being talked as a FRP.  Aiyuk is a really talented WR getting early Day 2 talk.  Potentially late Day 1.

Yea both killed it at the combine... they are out of our ballpark now... Cole McDonald has risen pass where he was initially ranked as well. Wouldnt be surprised if Shyeim works his way up boards as well.