What players in this superbowl are building legit hof careers?

Kiwibrown

Patrick Mahomes has 2 seasons that are hof quality. 

Kelce, has a few under his belt, but might not have enough time left on the clock. 

For san fran, george kittle definitely. 

Nick bosa has had a great start to his career.

Sherman as well, with his come6from injury, dominance with two teams and media moments. 

Edited by Kiwibrown

Well there are a few with potential, but even Mahomes has to keep up this level of play for 5+ more years to even sniff the hall.

In any case: 

• Sherman could probably retire after the game and get into the Hall
  • Kelce has a chance but he's already like 30 and needs a few more years as an elite TE. The HOF is tough on TE's
  • Hill has a chance if he sustains his level of play for a long time but I think a lot of sportswriters might give him the TO/Moss treatment. Plus he's not as good as either of them were.

There's a few more I'm probably forgetting.

Not even worth really talking about guys like Bosa. He's a rookie.

I think Kelce's odds are better than some are suggesting. TE isn't a position that typically shows a super sharp fall off in terms of athletic ability. Kelce really only needs three seasons at his career average pace to get to top 5 in NFL history in receiving yards for TEs.

• Like 1

If Chris Jones keeps up what he’s doing then him for sure

other than him I cant think of anyone who hasn’t been named already

And Hill has been mentioned but most lists he’s not on. I think he’s another definite if he keeps up his current level of play.

Edited by DontTazeMeBro

12 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I think Kelce's odds are better than some are suggesting. TE isn't a position that typically shows a super sharp fall off in terms of athletic ability. Kelce really only needs three seasons at his career average pace to get to top 5 in NFL history in receiving yards for TEs.

Eh.

Gronk's decline was pretty sharp.

I know injuries had a lot to do with it, but still.

Edited by Bolts223

Maybe Mahomes, but it’s way early on him. Kelce/Sherman are the other two to even be in the discussion but I think their chances are pretty slim. Sherman’s resume doesn’t rely heavily on this SB, I think he needs to be one of those types of guys that lingers at a high level if he wants a bust. Kelce could use a ring but I think more dominant seasons would do more for his chances than a Lombardi. 

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

Eh.

Gronk's decline was pretty sharp.

I know injuries had a lot to do with it, but still.

Yes, Gronk’s decline had way more to do with injuries than age. Kelce is 5 months younger than Gronk and is showing no signs of slowing down. Look at guys like Antonio Gates, Greg Olsen, and Delanie Walker. They all had great seasons in their 30s, and Olsen and Walker didn’t even really break out until their 30s. 

IMO, the HOF candidates in this game are Sherman, Kelce, and Mahomes, in that order. Mahomes can move up that list real fast though. The best bet for the HOF in this game is Andy Reid. 

9 minutes ago, Anc360 said:

Yes, Gronk’s decline had way more to do with injuries than age. Kelce is 5 months younger than Gronk and is showing no signs of slowing down. Look at guys like Antonio Gates, Greg Olsen, and Delanie Walker. They all had great seasons in their 30s, and Olsen and Walker didn’t even really break out until their 30s. 

IMO, the HOF candidates in this game are Sherman, Kelce, and Mahomes, in that order. Mahomes can move up that list real fast though. The best bet for the HOF in this game is Andy Reid. 

Fair enough. Although I think Sherman is probably the biggest lock. Reid is probably also in win or lose.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

It's really hard for TE's to get into the HOF in general, and it's even harder considering the backlog. 

• Like 1