How many Super Bowls did you watch?

notthatbluestuff

The first one I vividly remember watching was Raiders vs. Redskins in the early 80's.  I watched every one of them from that point forward until about '98.  Then, I went on a hiatus for almost a decade until Giants vs Patriots in 2007.  I haven't missed one since but there were a few times in the past couple of years where I felt like skipping it due to being tired of seeing the Patriots in the SB.  Only because I rooted for them to lose did I even bother watching. 

I've watch damn near every SB for the past 30-35 years now. Only two I truly remember and will never forget are 04' and 17'. Both for obvious reasons.

The rest are all interchangeable for me. Do I remember plays from certain SB's like the Holmes Toe Tap, Helmet catch, Butler INT, ect, absolutely but nothing more.

Edited by Nabbs4u

I only really started investing my time fully into the NFL a couple of years ago, but the first SB I remember, if you can even call it that because I had to look it up and didn't even know the teams in it, was Super Bowl XLVII - Ravens & Niners -  Harbaugh on Harbaugh. 

The only reason I can remember it is because of the insane play by Jacoby Jones. I didn't fully appreciate how good it was at the time, watching it now - it's outrageous! 

6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

XXXIV between the Rams and Titans was the first time I'd watched a Super Bowl live. Since then, I've watched every single Super Bowl in it's entirety with the exception of Philadelphia and New England, I was at a party and spent half the time on the xbox with some friends.

Which super bowl? 39 or 52?

6 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

spent half the time on the xbox with some friends.

Nevermind. Obviously 2004

• Like 2

13 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I have not bothered to watch the last 6 SBs. Just no teams there that I gave a crap about. 

The first one I remember clearly was the 82 matchup with SF vs Cincy. Didn't much care back further than that. 

It used to feel so important when I was younger. Now, a SB is creeping dangerously closer to glorified irrelevance. Sometimes, just another fun game to finish a season.. other times, two teams that don't interest me and I don't waste the time. 

I feel the same way. Doesn't even really feel like football anymore and I haven't cared for any of them lately.