How many Super Bowls did you watch?

notthatbluestuff

14 hours ago, Ripline said:

I watched all of them.

I've seen snip-its of every one of them.  Often I was at a party where the game was on but I didn't pay close attention to the entire game.  Of course I was glued to the TV during games involving the Packers.

18 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

'97 Packers beat Pats.

This is the earliest I remember watching and looking at the list that @Hunter2_1 posted, I think I've "watched" all of them since. I guess you could say I didn't watch 2001 Rams vs Patriots because I distinctly remember being sick and sleeping the whole game. The last 5 or 6 years, my "watching" has gotten even less involved.

I really don't get the big deal or excitement over the actual game anymore but hey, food and beer and the stupid squares game.

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

I remember watching the '71 Super Bowl and the cowboys winning 24 - 3 and thinking..."man, Miami ain't very good "
Then the Dolphins went on to an undefeated season the following year, winning 17 in a row and beating Wash in the SB to complete a perfect season

For the '83 Super Bowl, I had the winning square after Marcus Allen went 73 yards on a busted run play to end Q3... and I collected some $$$

I remember "watching" the 88 Super Bowl with Denver and Wash, that was QB Doug Williams coming out party with 5 TDs in the 2nd quarter
But I really just sat in front of the TV after suffering a major concussion in a ski accident the day before.  Every 30 minutes or so during the SB my buddies would ask me where I was and what the date was. I did not have good answers for either question - I just knew it was Super Sunday and there was lots of snow.
Zero chance they'd let me out of the hospital in modern times, but in the 80's we didn't know squat about brain injuries. 

So I've seen most of them Live and over the years I've seen replays/clips of all the Title games.

All though technically I turned a few of them off cause I got tired of watching them.

First I remember not caring for was 2005 between Seahawks and Steelers which was arguably the most boring SB every.

Then I remember stopped watching through the 3rd or maybe beginning of the 4th of the Denver vs Seahawks SB cause that was just brutal and I was rooting for Denver.

Last was the Rams vs Pats and I turned that one off because the Rams were just such a disappointment.

7 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

54 of them...

You geezer! Pretty cool actually. I for sure started with Raiders-Vikings in Jan '77. But may have also watched Fins-Vikes in Jan '74 it's just the memory is soooo hazy. I remember watching the Fins win games during their Super Bowl seasons back then (they were almost always the main Sunday game on TV), just can't recall their two Super Bowl games. At some point it all becomes fuzzy and I can't differentiate between 1) actually watched it, 2) read about it, or 3) Youtubed it. Memories mixed up like a brain blender. 

I had a nice string of consecutive SB's watched until I missed the Broncos-Seahawks game for another commitment...and then when I saw the highlights later I realized I didn't miss anything at all. 

• Like 1