Pro Bowl Mock Offseason v1

GWH87

Packer’s 2020 offseason v1

Offseason focus is fill playmaker gaps at WR. Depth at TE & Oline. Fix run D first in trenches then LB.

Holes to fill

WR - Trade for NFL ready + Draft Early

MLB - Sign FA + Draft depth

RT - Sign Conklin + Draft Early

DL - Sign Leonard Williams + Develop Keke

TE - Resign Lewis + Draft mid

CB - Draft mid

S - Draft mid

Edge - Draft Late

RB - Draft late

K - Sign Crosby

Cut

Graham (+$8m)

Lane Taylor (+6m) 

Linsley (+8m)

Draft Names

WR - Brandon Aiyuk | Jalen Reagor | Quintez Cehpus | James Proche | KJ Hamler | KJ Hill | Tyler Johnson | Austin Mack | Van Jefferson 

TE - Adam Trautman | Jared Pinkney | Brycen Hopkins

DB - Kyle Dugger | Chase Lucas | Antoine Winnefield Jr | Kindle Vildor 

OL - Daryl Williams | Matthew Peart | Ben Bartch | Matt Hennessy 

LB - Logan Wilson | Justin Strnad | Patrick Queen | Troy Dye | Akeem Davis-Gaither 

RB - Antonio Gibson | Anthony McFarland | Patrick Taylor Jr

DL - Javon Kinlaw | Davon Hamilton | Tyler Clark 

Edge - Jonathan Greenard | La’Darious Hamilton | Jonathan Garvin

Cap space $52m

Extend

Clark 5/72/12.5 ($48)

Resign

Crosby 3/10/3 ($45) [why wouldn’t we]

Lewis 1/1/1 ($44) [keeps young guys in line, great in MLF scheme, leadership must]

Veldheer 1/2/1 ($43) [stop gap guy until draft picks are ready, decent backup play]

Campbell 1/2/1 ($42) [not sure this will happen but played well enough to earn it]

Ervin 1/1/1 ($41) [because he is needed on Special teams and a gadget guy] 

Tramon - 1/2/2 ($39) [vet to keep the wheels on and meeting room tight]

ERFA - 3.5m ($36m) - Tonyon/Lancaster/Lazard/Sullivan

Sign

Leonard Williams - DL - 4/42/8 (28) [piece needed on Dline to fix run game problems and let Clark get his even more, Pack had interest in trading for him]

Jack Conklin - OL - 4/48/9 (19) [New Bulaga with ties to MLF will be RT for next 5-6 years]

Joe Schoebert - LB - 4/33/6 (13) [Pro Bowl LB that brings leadership and consistency to a defense that needs it in the middle and the ability to make plays Blake just didn’t]

Trade

Josh Jackson + 2021 2nd Rnd Pick for DJ Moore (12) **if a little more juice is needed to get it done they need to do it, then we extend him after 2020 season**

Packers 1st + 2nd + 6th to Indy for (34) + (44) + Early 5th (middle of draft has depth and WR is the priority early and Pack have always nailed 2nd round WRs especially when they trade back)

After Rookie class ($7m)

Draft

2 - Brandon Aiyuk - WR - ASU [Juice needed from slot to take the top off, ball skills MVS lacks, can rotate boundary with Moore as needed per set, nice add to offense]

2 - Ben Bartch - OL - St Johns [develops into backup needed to flip between both tackles, will take over for Bahk once he moves on in 2-3yrs]

3 - Jared Pinkney - TE - Vandy [Physical specimen, moves well, hands catch everything, needed side kick for Jace to form a good combo for years to come] 

3 - Kyle Dugger - S - Lenoir-Rhyne [Man is a missile, small school prospect might not be here any more, crazy range and can take over as the rover with Greene on the defense] 

4 - Chase Lucas - DB - ASU [Toolsy young guy than can take a year to stack on weight and learn from Tramon to build our bench with Sully, Hollman & Lucas]

5 - Daryl Williams - OL - Miss St [Built like Jenkins, come from similar system, not as good of tool set but takes a year or so and can fill in once somebody moves to center or moves on like Turner]

5 - Antonio Gibson - RB - Memphis [Multi use back that won’t get much time but will learn the system and take over once we part ways with Williams]

6 - Logan Wilson - LB - Wyoming [Great depth add, him and Summers will battle for the next up guy as I don’t trust Burks to win the role, both are great in coverage and instinctive]

7 - Jonathan Garvin - Edge - Miami [Big edge dude to fit GB mold, won’t have much production early but a year or two of molding behind Smiths will get him some reps in time]

Roster

Arod/Boyle

Jones/Williams/Gibson/Ervin

Vitale

Tae/Moore/Aiyuk/Lazard/EQS/Bagelton

Sternberger/Lewis/Pinkney/Tonyon

Bahk/Jenkins/Turner/Conklin/Patrick/Williams/Bartch/Veldheer

Clark/Williams/Lowry/Lancaster/Keke/Adams

Z/Smith/Gary/Garvin 

Schobert/Summers/Burks/Wilson

Jaire/King/Tramon/Sullivan/Lucas

Savage/Amos/Campbell/Greene/Dugger

Scott/Bradley/Crosby

PS 

Manny Wilkins - QB

Cody Conway - OL 

Cole Madison - OL

John Leglue - OL

Darius Sheppard - WR

Curtis Bolton - LB

Randy Ramsey - Edge

Ka’Dar Hollman - DB

Edited by GWH87
D is for Dugger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GWH87 said:

Trade

Josh Jackson + 2021 2nd Rnd Pick for DJ Moore (12) **if a little more juice is needed to get it done they need to do it, then we extend him after 2020 season**

What is the value for Carolina to do this?

2 full years on rookie deal +5th year option top 20-25 WR....for a bust CB and a 2021 2nd round pick.

I think that gets rejected even in Madden

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Why is Carolina giving up their #1 WR on a rookie deal?

12 hours ago, squire12 said:

What is the value for Carolina to do this?

2 full years on rookie deal +5th year option top 20-25 WR....for a bust CB and a 2021 2nd round pick.

I think that gets rejected even in Madden

As the disclaimer said after it, whatever it takes to make it happen, little more juice. Make it a 1st if need be I could care less.

It was done as a conversation starter, Jackson isn’t a bust he’s depth behind two sudo 1st rnd picks. 

Reason, new coach, #22 the focus, holes on defense DJs first real season just hit. Trading potential in the making.

1 hour ago, GWH87 said:

As the disclaimer said after it, whatever it takes to make it happen, little more juice. Make it a 1st if need be I could care less.

It was done as a conversation starter, Jackson isn’t a bust he’s depth behind two sudo 1st rnd picks. 

Reason, new coach, #22 the focus, holes on defense DJs first real season just hit. Trading potential in the making.

Jackson is also depth behind Tramon Williams and Chandon Sullivan if you’re only counting CBs. He got barely 100 snaps in a defense that loves crowding the field with DBs. That’s good for 9th most snaps among DBs and it would have been 10th most if Raven Greene hadn’t missed almost the entire season. 

6 hours ago, GWH87 said:

Probably takes 2020 1st and 2nd plus another pick in 2021 with GB having late in the round picks.

6 hours ago, GWH87 said:

Depth?  Sullivan is ahead of Jackson, William's is ahead.  

6 hours ago, GWH87 said:

Moore has had 2 really good seasons.   1 with Kyle Allen throwing to him.

Just a quick question, who is our starting center in 2020, Lucas Patrick? 

edit: nvm I see it's Patrick. bleh

I don't need to say anything else about DJ Moore. 

As far as the draft goes, I like the positions. I'm not a huge fan of drafting another TE in the first 3 rounds, but if your trading back and somehow getting an extra 3, why not. I'd probably prefer to use that pick on a RB

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GWH87 said:

lol, I get this whole new regime and trading talent away to start a rebuild mantra people like to jump on. However, this is a new HC this isn't a new GM. Marty Hurney, the GM that drafted Moore is still the GM in Carolina and coming in as a HC and trading a young player, who has shown flashes of brilliance and can help your football team compete on a rookie contract is bad business, for ANY team. 

• Like 2

Well since everyone is adamant Moore is untouchable, for conversation I’ll go along with it.

Then who is a target with Jackson and a pick to trade? That was more the conversation to be had, not the this won’t happen because of fill in the blank.

What depth can we let go of to trade for WR snaps, my only two thoughts are Josh Jackson and Jamal Williams. I’m however a JWill fan so I’d prefer he stays.

1 hour ago, GWH87 said:

Then who is a target with Jackson and a pick to trade? That was more the conversation to be had, not the this won’t happen because of fill in the blank.

I'm not sure anyone is going to hand over a starting-caliber WR for a bust of a CB and a future SRP.

• Like 1