Kobe Bryant has died in helicopter crash

pwny

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I saw something on twitter where they should change the NBA logo from Jerry West to Kobe Bryant. I think that would be much more memorable than a trophy. I'm sure West would sign off on it too.

Would the NBA though? Changing their logo is more drastic than creating a new trophy. 

Not saying I'm against the idea, it would depend on how the logo looks, but I think a trophy is an easier thing to implement for sure.

29 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Would the NBA though? Changing their logo is more drastic than creating a new trophy. 

Not saying I'm against the idea, it would depend on how the logo looks, but I think a trophy is an easier thing to implement for sure.

I am extremely against the idea of making Kobe the logo. I’m very sad like all of you are about his death, but there are certain “controversial” things about his past that cannot be whitewashed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I am extremely against the idea of making Kobe the logo. I’m very sad like all of you are about his death, but there are certain “controversial” things about his past that cannot be whitewashed.

What "controversial" things? The rape charges that were dropped?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

That’s what I was thinking too.

It will be different since they will have hopefully lived full lives. Kobe was just 41.

In terms of setting a precedent, well odds are pretty low we'll see a repeat of this. Not only was Kobe an all time great, but being the high scoring face of LA that he was, he was the most popular player in the league for a very long time.

I understand the sentiment against retiring #24 league wide, new logo, new trophy, and going "overboard" with tributes since unfortunately Kobe's not the 1st legend to die and he won't be the last. I would say just let teams decide when it comes to the jersey. Don't think you can change the logo, it's become so iconic as is.

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Please don't.

Don't what? I asked dude a question. He's the one that had to bring it up and put it in quotes and said it shouldn't be whitewashed. It's not like Kobe's Mike Tyson or OJ Simpson. 

Edited by beekay414

23 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Agreed and I'm a die hard Lakers/Kobe fan. I think it's just part of the grieving process for fans.

• Like 2