Kobe Bryant has died in helicopter crash

pwny

Just now, Nazgul said:

As sad as it all this, canceling games doesn't make the NBA money. 

It's not about the money.  Games were extremely close to tip off and tons of fans were already in the arena.  You want them to cancel the game that 20 minutes from tipping off?

Just now, showtime said:

It's not about the money.  Games were extremely close to tip off and tons of fans were already in the arena.  You want them to cancel the game that 20 minutes from tipping off?

I'm not calling for them to be canceled. If anything, a game of bball can serve as a distraction. 
But yeah the logistics and money (yes money) doesn't make it viable to cancel games. 

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

What's the downside here? Are we concerned about a fan who's gonna say "yeah everyone's idol died shockingly, and sure half the guys in the arena are crying, but I bought a Grizzlies ticket for today and nothing should get in the way of that"?

Reschedule the games, and refund the tickets. Make the games you rescheduled one last night to remember Kobe.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

What's the downside here? Are we concerned about a fan who's gonna say "yeah everyone's idol died shockingly, and sure half the guys in the arena are crying, but I bought a Grizzlies ticket for today and nothing should get in the way of that"?

Reschedule the games, and refund the tickets. Make the games you rescheduled one last night to remember Kobe.

Who cares about the games 

• Like 1

I don't even know what to say right now. I'm completely heart broken. Literally my favorite player in any sport, of all-time. I literally flew across the country just for a chance to watch him play live. I don't think I've ever been this hurt over the passing of someone I never personally met. I'm at a loss for words. And to find out his daughter was on the helicopter and the reason for them being on the helicopter, it just breaks my heart. Just devestated....

• Like 3