Kobe Bryant has died in helicopter crash

pwny

Hours have passed since I’ve heard the news and have barely said a word. Speechless. I’m a Kobe fan, although not the biggest, and I’m shocked how much this is hurting me. Doesn’t feel real. And then to hear that his daughter and several others passed is heartbreaking. Can’t fathom how his family are dealing with this. 2009 Finals was the first finals I have ever watched and Kobe was a part of that. 

Rest easy Mamba, as well as his daughter. 

Even as a Lakers hater some of my best basketball memories have been watching Kobe Bryant play. I’ll never forget growing up in Southern California during the Lakers 3 peat, going into my 6th grade class the day after he dropped 81, or the time my dad almost hit his head on our ceiling fan after jumping up to celebrate Kobe’s buzzer beater against the Suns in the playoffs.

Without a doubt the best basketball player of our generation. RIP to the GOAT.  

3 minutes ago, the lone star said:

I hope the NBA creates a Kobe Bryant Trophy.

Award it to the player that best demonstrates a passion and commitment to excellence in basketball.

That'd be very fitting.

I saw something on twitter where they should change the NBA logo from Jerry West to Kobe Bryant. I think that would be much more memorable than a trophy. I'm sure West would sign off on it too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I saw something on twitter where they should change the NBA logo from Jerry West to Kobe Bryant. I think that would be much more memorable than a trophy. I'm sure West would sign off on it too.

I wouldn't be against it, but what are they going to do when Jordan passes?  Kareem, Magic, Bird, etc?

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I wouldn't be against it, but what are they going to do when Jordan passes?  Kareem, Magic, Bird, etc?

Nothing to take away from their eventual deaths but I don't think a single person in the basketball community would be against it, including Michael.

EDIT - Eventual, not potential. 

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Nothing to take away from their potential deaths but I don't think a single person in the basketball community would be against it, including Michael.

I just meant if you do something drastic for Kobe like make him the logo of the league or retire the #24 league wide (like Donovan Mitchell and others have suggested doing), what are you going to do when all those all-time legends pass away?  When you set the precedent of Kobe becoming the logo, the NBA would have the pressure to do something outstanding like that for Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc.

Just now, showtime said:

I just meant if you do something drastic for Kobe like make him the logo of the league or retire the #24 league wide (like Donovan Mitchell and others have suggested doing), what are you going to do when all those all-time legends pass away?  When you set the precedent of Kobe becoming the logo, the NBA would have the pressure to do something outstanding like that for Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc.

No they wouldn't. Every single one of those gentlemen are older. They wouldn't be forced to do anything for any of them. These are extenuating circumstances. Kobe was 41.

• Like 2