Kobe Bryant has died in helicopter crash

pwny

Very sad.  Especially for the children on board.

But, can we all just get over it now.  The amount of crocodile tears being cried by players, commentators and pundits is ridiculous.  

It’s a tragedy yes, but unless you’re directly related to the victims you need to stfu and get on with your own life.  That walking pair of **** on first take (molly something), the silly ***** is crying every time I turn the tv on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dan_Bali said:

Very sad.  Especially for the children on board.

But, can we all just get over it now.  The amount of crocodile tears being cried by players, commentators and pundits is ridiculous.  

It’s a tragedy yes, but unless you’re directly related to the victims you need to stfu and get on with your own life.  That walking pair of **** on first take (molly something), the silly ***** is crying every time I turn the tv on.

don't tell me how to live my life. 

1 hour ago, Dan_Bali said:

Man the F up

If you are a kid in LA and Kobe was your hero and essentially invincible from the time you were like four years old throughout your childhood and into college, it is okay to be sad. And you, or anybody, have no right to tell others how to grieve. its disheartening that people still think like this in 2020. Try evolving from the 1950s. Thanks. 

• Like 7

On 1/27/2020 at 11:27 PM, amac said:

This always bothers me. A star athlete basically has to kill someone before people finally acknowledge they’re a bad person. Some jock sniffers will always rush to their defense no matter what and point to charity/community work that most of them do for PR.  Not that I’m saying Kobe is guilty of course, but in general star athletes get way more leeway in those situations

On the flip side we should also acknowledge star athletes get falsely accused of stuff all the time just because someone wants attention or money. How many people out there do what they can to get close to a celeb just to flip the script and get a payday out of it. Many of the celebs admit to guilt and pay off person X just because it is a better PR move than accusation being drawn out. Look at all the headlines recently with OBJ. As sports fan I'm sure most of can agree in heightened success or failure of "our team" we do some crazy sh*t to our neighbor stranger at the bar or stadium but OBJ slap a someone on the butt and it's a lawsuit or hands out random sporadic money to show his appreciating of a team winning "him" a title and it's a crime! To sum it up star athletes get scrutinized as much as the get leeway IMO.

3 hours ago, vikes635 said:

On the flip side we should also acknowledge star athletes get falsely accused of stuff all the time just because someone wants attention or money. How many people out there do what they can to get close to a celeb just to flip the script and get a payday out of it. Many of the celebs admit to guilt and pay off person X just because it is a better PR move than accusation being drawn out. Look at all the headlines recently with OBJ. As sports fan I'm sure most of can agree in heightened success or failure of "our team" we do some crazy sh*t to our neighbor stranger at the bar or stadium but OBJ slap a someone on the butt and it's a lawsuit or hands out random sporadic money to show his appreciating of a team winning "him" a title and it's a crime! To sum it up star athletes get scrutinized as much as the get leeway IMO.

I agree with the first part and I don’t think it’s fair for us to litigate Kobe’s rape case because there’s just not enough evidence either way to say definitively what happened. I just meant in general, thinking of someone like Antonio Brown who initially had his defenders saying he was “misunderstood” and hardworking and actually a great guy, getting second chances most people wouldn’t get until he finally went fully off the deep end. There’s no accountability for a lot of that stuff and it just enables them to be ****ty people

Edited by amac

1 hour ago, amac said:

I agree with the first part and I don’t think it’s fair for us to litigate Kobe’s rape case because there’s just not enough evidence either way to say definitively what happened. I just meant in general, thinking of someone like Antonio Brown who initially had his defenders saying he was “misunderstood” and hardworking and actually a great guy, getting second chances most people wouldn’t get until he finally went fully off the deep end. There’s no accountability for a lot of that stuff and it just enables them to be ****ty people

How Kobe's legal team acted and the statement read by his lawyer is pretty damning...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I'm not going to get into it here but Kobe pretty much admitted to doing what he was accused of. 

He acknowledged what he did was wrong but still maintained he thought it consensual at the time.  It was widely worded to show remorse for the woman but not admitting sexual assault.

It’s important to remember the case was dropped before they settled in civil court.  There was DNA evidence she had similar encounters within that time frame and wouldn’t testify in court (not that that makes assault acceptable by any standard).  Paying for confidentiality might look like guilt to some but if you’re a global  figure you don’t want it out there continually.

• Like 3

California company that owns the helicopter that crashed, killing Kobe Bryant and others, was not licensed to fly choppers by cockpit instruments when visibility was bad, FAA says.

Although pilot Ara Zobayan did have the proper federal certification to fly by IFR, or instrument flight rules, he would have been restricted to observe the licensing held by Island Express Helicopters.

“Speaking generally, a pilot has to observe any limitations on the company he or she works for, regardless of the pilot’s personal ratings,” the Federal Aviation Administration said in a statement. “If a company is not authorized to conduct flights in bad-weather conditions, the pilot while flying for that company can only conduct flights in visual conditions.”

Edited by Leader