Pro Bowl GDT

Malfatron

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

tbh the NFL really should make the executive decision to end the game ASAP

imo

I’m sad about it. But that would basically be saying he’s more important than anyone who has ever died since 9/11. Dozens of people die in terrorist attacks and they don’t just tell the thousands of people who bought tickets and planned a whole weekend around something to go home, we’re not going to do this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I’m sad about it. But that would basically be saying he’s more important than anyone who has ever died since 9/11. Dozens of people die in terrorist attacks and they don’t just tell the thousands of people who bought tickets and planned a whole weekend around something to go home, we’re not going to do this.

The Pro Bowl is a meaningless game neither the players nor the fans really care about. Not even going to touch the rest of the garbage you're trying to grandstand.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

The Pro Bowl is a meaningless game neither the players nor the fans really care about. Not even going to touch the rest of the garbage you're trying to grandstand.

People bought tickets for it. They care. If you’re too distraught to watch it, then don’t. If anyone there wants to leave, nothing is stopping them. You’re an extremely selfish person if you to want to force stops to sporting events to honor YOUR sports heroes.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

tbh the NFL really should make the executive decision to end the game ASAP

imo

Agreed. I imagine a lot of staff and players were friends with Kobe and his family, and to expect them to keep on "working" after such a tragedy seems wrong. I don't even know him personally and it makes me sick to my stomach, I can't imagine how they feel.  

10 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Emotions are high right now. However, DTMB has a point. As tragic as it is, the people who planned a vacation around an event like this deserve to see it.

If they or the players are too emotionally distraught to continue, then they should be allowed to leave.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

People bought tickets for it. They care. If you’re too distraught to watch it, then don’t. If anyone there wants to leave, nothing is stopping them. You’re an extremely selfish person if you to want to force stops to sporting events to honor YOUR sports heroes.

Listen. There's a way to make your point, like @candyman93 has, without coming off as condescending and pompous.

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Emotions are high right now. However, DTMB has a point. As tragic as it is, the people who planned a vacation around an event like this deserve to see it.

If they or the players are too emotionally distraught to continue, then they should be allowed to leave.

I think the events surrounding the week are all a better experience than the game itself. I take your point, though I still think that it's questionable to continue what is a meaningless game. 

Regardless, thanks for making your point in a manner that's actually conducive to a productive discussion and not being a pompous jerk because someone else has a different opinion than you. Very much appreciated.

• Like 1