Pro Bowl GDT

Malfatron

I will always support the pro bowl and the festivities that go along with it. Sure, it’s not entertaining to watch, but it’s like other all star events. It’s the 1 event in the year where fans can meet all of these elite athletes and it can be an experience that they won’t forget.

I’m not being condescending when I say this, but be honest. How often do posters on here go to games? That’s not a good or bad thing. However, sometimes we take for granted the fun this sport is meant to generate. We reduce everything to just pixels on a screen. I’ve done the same thing and it’s why I’ve tried going to more games.

Edited by candyman93

18 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

I don’t understand why this game needs to exist.  It’s not football. 

Let making the pro bowl be an honor but eliminate the game. 

All of these types of games are not representative of their sports.  In the NBA there is no defense.  The scores of these games are crazy.  They really don't hit in the NHL all star games.   These "games" are really just exhibitions to show off some of the stars and nothing more.  Look at these events in this light and just see them for what they truly are.

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It should be removed for a few years but it will never happen!

It's been a joke for years. I quit watching after the answered score of 7-7, but I don't see why it should be removed. 

Well, I do.. but if everyone just quit watching, it would probably be removed.

There is a choice involved, which for some, can be better than no choice. Agree that it's worthless suck-arse for many like myself though.

The pro bowl is hardly a game, I turned it off after 15 minutes.

They should get rid of the football game itself at the pro bowl, and make it a day about fans and the athletes. Give us more interviews with the players and coaches. Broadcast the competitive skill games that they have, for fun. There is so much more that they could do that would be more entertaining than the stinkfest that aired yesterday.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Hi Pot, It's me Kettle!

That was regarding the actual content of the post. Calling people names and not contributing to discussion is something different which is what each of your posts in response to me have been.

If you would like to discuss this further, we can do it via PM as this thread really isn't the place to do it as it has nothing to do with the topic. 

7 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Broadcast the competitive skill games that they have, for fun. There is so much more that they could do that would be more entertaining than the stinkfest that aired yesterday.

This is a really good idea.

Instead of the "real" game, they could have a more elaborate creative skills comp... maybe even gear some of it like American Ninja Warrior meets Wipeout. Safe enough stuff, but real fun. That would probably be way more worthy, imo.

All of them sitting around and playing poker for charity chips for 3 hours would be more fun.

They need to go back to making it special for the players. Stop with the alternates BS, make it after the SB, and keep it in Hawaii. No, they weren't playing at the highest level but it was at least worth watching. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

22 hours ago, Pugger said:

All of these types of games are not representative of their sports.  In the NBA there is no defense.  The scores of these games are crazy.  They really don't hit in the NHL all star games.   These "games" are really just exhibitions to show off some of the stars and nothing more.  Look at these events in this light and just see them for what they truly are.

In this current NBA (regular season) there is also no defense.  Steph Curry lying on the ground with his hands over his head  during the all start game is about the same amount of defense they play now in the regular season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Small Town Values said:

Should be played as a competitive flag football tournament over the course of the weekend. It would give a chance for Oline & Dline players to showcase their athleticism, have fun & limit the possibility of serious injuries.  

I say - combine the Pro Bowl and the Senior Bowl. Let the guys declaring for the draft practice with Pro Bowl calibur players over the week, let the Pro Bowl guys provide tips to the young guys over the course of that week - and the actual game is the college kids after a full week against their future competiton and future teammates.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I say - combine the Pro Bowl and the Senior Bowl. Let the guys declaring for the draft practice with Pro Bowl calibur players over the week, let the Pro Bowl guys provide tips to the young guys over the course of that week - and the actual game is the college kids after a full week against their future competiton and future teammates.

I could be down with this too. The concept certainly needs someone to breathe some life into it.