Pro Bowl GDT

Malfatron

6 minutes ago, Small Town Values said:

I could be down with this too. The concept certainly needs someone to breathe some life into it. 

I'd also say get it out of the SB city. Not necessarily Hawaii, but anywhere else - London, Mexico City, Tokyo, Brazil. Pro/Future Bowl, in Tokyo the week before the SB would go over with an international crowd that the league is desperate to get, would reward the players while not watering down the product and would provide the future of the league an early look on how the best prepare in practice the week leading to a game.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'd also say get it out of the SB city. Not necessarily Hawaii, but anywhere else - London, Mexico City, Tokyo, Brazil. Pro/Future Bowl, in Tokyo the week before the SB would go over with an international crowd that the league is desperate to get, would reward the players while not watering down the product and would provide the future of the league an early look on how the best prepare in practice the week leading to a game.

Should produce a ton of BTS content, training, interviews, player bios, fan engagement, long form discussions / podcasts, etc. And, target a wider audience via their social media accounts & YT channel...  Game or competition (Whatever they go with?) should be streamed on their YT for free. 

• Like 1

Just now, Small Town Values said:

Should produce a ton of BTS content, training, interviews, player bios, fan engagement, long form discussions / podcasts, etc. And, target a wider audience via their social media accounts & YT channel...  Game or competition (Whatever they go with?) should be streamed on their YT for free. 

That's what you can do for the players on game day - let them live tweet and stream the action on the sideline, as the college players actually play.

I have a feeling that could make for some incredible viral moments.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

That's what you can do for the players on game day - let them live tweet and stream the action on the sideline, as the college players actually play.

I have a feeling that could make for some incredible viral moments.

Agreed. It's a great way for the NFL to take the helmets off & market its stars as individuals. 

40 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I say - combine the Pro Bowl and the Senior Bowl. Let the guys declaring for the draft practice with Pro Bowl calibur players over the week, let the Pro Bowl guys provide tips to the young guys over the course of that week - and the actual game is the college kids after a full week against their future competiton and future teammates.

This is a great idea the NFL probably wants to keep the exhibition game between the NFL players though.

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

This is a great idea the NFL probably wants to keep the exhibition game between the NFL players though.

It baffles me as to why they want this. Nobody in the viewing audience cares anymore.

Watching BTS coverage of Jeffrey Okuda trying to cover Michael Thomas in a drill? Or Deshaun Watson and Kirk Cousins talking to Justin Herbert after a drive, with Zach Ertz streaming the conversation?

I'd watch that.

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It baffles me as to why they want this. Nobody in the viewing audience cares anymore.

Watching BTS coverage of Jeffrey Okuda trying to cover Michael Thomas in a drill? Or Deshaun Watson and Kirk Cousins talking to Justin Herbert after a drive, with Zach Ertz streaming the conversation?

I'd watch that.

Ehhhh

I don’t think I would. The pro players would smoke the rookies and hurt their draft stock.

It sounds really great as a fan, but you have to keep in mind these kids haven’t been drafted yet.

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ehhhh

I don’t think I would. The pro players would smoke the rookies and hurt their draft stock.

It sounds really great as a fan, but you have to keep in mind these kids haven’t been drafted yet.

You'd have to sprinkle in the pro guys - it's not like the rookie would be working exclusively with vet/Pro Bowl guys. 

The way I see it is if you have a rookie who is REALLY looking good against his counterparts, give him a rep or two against a Pro. Not in a live practice scenario, where a vet could get hurt - but a drill of some sort with minimal contact, maybe even a drill in half shells or t-shirt and shorts.