Doug Pederson running the ball less than Andy Reid is a serious problem...

Phire

1 minute ago, BLick12 said:

Yea people are acting like we aren't running because we don't have the back needed. Sproles was averaging 5 per carry, and Smallwood was running hard as well, both of them needed far more carries.

Even if we had no lead back, and even if our guys were averaging 0 yards a carry, you STILL should run the ball. It's better than abandoning the run and trying to pass into a defense expecting pass.

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Even if we had no lead back, and even if our guys were averaging 0 yards a carry, you STILL should run the ball. It's better than abandoning the run and trying to pass into a defense expecting pass.

Especially against a really good defense in a tough road stadium. Honestly, the more I think about it the more I hate Doug.

What makes me so angry is how Doug mentioned all off-season how he put too much pressure on Carson by making him throw too much and how that wouldn't happen this year blah blah. basically saying "Yeah we didn't run even close to enough last season and our young QB needs a run game to help lift the burden on his shoulders"

freaking lying POS

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

What makes me so angry is how Doug mentioned all off-season how he put too much pressure on Carson by making him throw too much and how that wouldn't happen this year blah blah. basically saying "Yeah we didn't run even close to enough last season and our young QB needs a run game to help lift the burden on his shoulders"

freaking lying POS

if he believed that he would have drafted a real running back

It's really beating a dead horse at this point because I've been harping on this for years, but RUN SPROLES! I understand the prevalent theory that he is too small to take the punishment of a #1 back workload, and it may very well be valid, but why not test it out? He's not someone I would consider vital to our success, and if you're not vital to our success, we shouldn't approach your role/usage cautiously. I'm sure Sproles would love to get a proper workload too, and I honestly think he can handle the punishment, he is built strong despite his appearance. When I watch him, I see a very talented RB, even in his old age. He is good at finding holes and slipping through them, can bounce off tackles, has excellent acceleration and shiftiness.

In his career, Sproles has gotten 10 or more carries just 13 times! In those games, he has gone for 788 yards on 177 carries, for a very nice 4.5 Y/C. 

47 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It's really beating a dead horse at this point because I've been harping on this for years, but RUN SPROLES! I understand the prevalent theory that he is too small to take the punishment of a #1 back workload, and it may very well be valid, but why not test it out? He's not someone I would consider vital to our success, and if you're not vital to our success, we shouldn't approach your role/usage cautiously. I'm sure Sproles would love to get a proper workload too, and I honestly think he can handle the punishment, he is built strong despite his appearance. When I watch him, I see a very talented RB, even in his old age. He is good at finding holes and slipping through them, can bounce off tackles, has excellent acceleration and shiftiness.

In his career, Sproles has gotten 10 or more carries just 13 times! In those games, he has gone for 788 yards on 177 carries, for a very nice 4.5 Y/C. 

Makes no sense to me. I know he's not the biggest guy, but he's built very solidly for his size.  Durability has really never been an issue for him either.  I know ideally he is best suited as a change of pace guy, but you when you don't have the other piece of that tandem, you need to ride him.

Archived